1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

seasonal and regional (local) eating?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Ruth Dejarnette, Feb 5, 2019.

1. JanSz to respond to this request for explaining what Jack said in my own words:

Jack's words:
    So what is nature saying? When you live in sun you'll need seasonal food but you won't need a lot of you are in my sun.......If you are not.....you'll eat a lot more out of the sun or further from the equator which is why I made uncoupled haplotypes.

JanSz's request:
    Planning to instruct your son or daughter,
    using complete sentences, please re-write in your own words, what Jack said above.

My words using complete sentences to the best of my ability thus far:
    Jack is saying if you live at the 30th latitude, about 30 feet above sea level and live mostly outdoors you will need to eat seasonal food but you won't need to eat too much because the sunlight provides the energy you need to keep your engine running optimally. If you live indoors or further from the equator you will need to eat more seasonal food to provide the energy you need to keep your engine running optimally because of your lack of adequate sunlight at these higher latitudes in the winter time. This process has something to do with maintaining low deuterium levels, making heat instead of storing fat, and having an increased magnetic field that helps us stay charged; this part is less clear to me.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

2. My words using complete sentences to the best of my ability thus far:
    Jack is saying if you live at the 30th latitude, about 30 feet above sea level and live mostly outdoors you will need to eat seasonal food but you won't need to eat too much because the sunlight provides the energy you need to keep your engine running optimally. If you live indoors or further from the equator you will need to eat more seasonal food to provide the energy you need to keep your engine running optimally because of your lack of adequate sunlight at these higher latitudes in the winter time. This process has something to do with maintaining low deuterium levels, making heat instead of storing fat, and having an increased magnetic field that helps us stay charged; this part is less clear to me.

Christine_L likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It would be nice to eventually get a list do's and don'ts that would be given to 1st graders,
    so they could have better chance in life.

KrusinWitchie and Christine_L like this.
  4. Thank you so much for your kind words....:)
    This must mean I already graduated from kindergarten and received my very first diploma. I am looking forward to someday finishing 1st grade and graduating into the 2nd grade.

One thing my Kindergarten teacher taught me:
    Pride goeth before a fall....:)

Sorry JanSz I just couldn't resist the temptation...

God loves you and JanSz like this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am 79yo.
    Still looking for that list.

6. I am 57 years old. You are about the age of my father.....I will look to you for wisdom and view your words with respect....but every once in a while my youthfulness may cause me to react to your knowledge in the way a rebellious youngster does...:)

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Working on keeping mind young is a good thing.
    What I have is hardly organized knowledge.
    More like collection of items that hopefully will help me in getting thru the day.
    Do you dance?

8. My husband tells me I am not a very good dancer, he says I always want to lead and never follow, we very seldom dance. I dance when no one else is around, like when I clean my house or just feel the joy of life that fills my soul. If I think that no one else is looking I may be found dancing in my backyard...

drezy likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

Now get to bed earlier tonight Ruth!

I'm blaming you directly for the fact that my outdoor temperature is dropping this evening.

10. ....that may be an indicator that it is time for some CT....I have discovered a new CT activity.....I wear wool under clothing and a wind suit with a hood. I find a nice fluffy spot in the snow to lay down in and my husband shovels snow over me about 4 inches or so, only my face is uncovered .....then I lay there buried in the snow for at least 30 minutes.....sometime an hour.....then my husband lets the dogs out and they come and find me and dig me out....it is a blast! The weight of the snow is so relaxing, a cold pressure blanket.

I work the afternoon shift...2:30-11pm. I try to be home and in bed by 11:30.....sometimes I make the mistake of turning on the computer...I will not do that tonight.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^I like that.

12. drezy

drezy Gold

I'm a huge fan of creative solutions. That one rocks!

13. :).....I must admit I laughed at Samuel L Jackson's reading of the book, I took the message to heart...I always wear my blue light blocking glasses at work, my co-workers tease me about my "goofy glasses", after work I came immediately home, turned on only my red light bulbs which gave me enough light to navigate in the house without tripping over my 20 year old cat who is always underfoot, I let the dogs out, then went promptly to bed at 11:30 and slept soundly until 7:15....this morning I was out shoveling all the new snow that arrived yesterday....a crisp -10, but such glorious sunlight...there is just something about new snow...it makes the light so nice, bright, cheery, clean.....it brings joy and happiness to the cold, plus it is really fun to play in, ski, snowmobile, snowshoe, sled, snowman, cold therapy, so much exhilaration...it is what gets us through the long winter.

14. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

Sounds fun! Maybe I'll bury my boyfriend next time it snows. :rofl:

15. It is fun and both invigorating and relaxing at the same time. Plus it is free, no added water or ice to purchase.

Christine_L likes this.
  16. drezy

drezy Gold

Your dog has got to love that game too.

Mayuri and Christine_L like this.
  17. Mayuri

Mayuri Silver

I've been using organic virgin coconut oil but oddly, when I take a teaspoon at night time it blooming appears to be phosphorous. ?
    When I strike it with my spoon, it lights up like phosphorous in the ocean at night time. Not sure what to make of this.
    Searching on the internet, I can't find any confirmation of phosphorous at all. Nothing recorded on the label either.
    Does anyone have a brand of unrefined virgin coconut oil that they can recommend here in Oz?

Lastly, Doctor Jack, did you see this article?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/we...is-quest-to-live-to-180/ar-BBSDAej?li=AA44fOQ

18. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

If I tried that with the dogs I would probably get peed on first. Great hack! Ruth. If I can learn the ever complicated details (or at least try hard too) I will be less likely to try anything but the basics LWM. I will be better able to adapt to my ever changing environment to stay out of the disease paradigm. If you act like a hippo you don’t need to be Einstein to be optimal.

drezy and KrusinWitchie like this.

19. About the coconut oil, this article may provide an explanation:

https://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=86123

I could only get the abstract of this article, maybe someone else has access to the whole article or can find it without added cost:

https://aocs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1007/BF02636815

this guy had questions too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience...oes_peanut_butter_glow_in_the_dark_and_other/

I am not sure of the significance of the fact that coconut and other oils fluoresce, but they are shown here to do it. Jack or others may have info on the importance of this.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    recoen likes this.
  20. After a good laugh when thinking of yellow snow, I starting wondering if yellow snow has any beneficial properties, I wondered it I needed an ice pack to apply directly to my skin if the urine in the snow would have any benefit to healing an injury/inflamation? Then I wondered if melted snow water is lower or higher in deuterium? If I melt snow into water, then partially freeze it and use the unfrozen portion, will that be lower in deuterium? Then I wondered if the frozen "yellow water" would have any health benefit? So many questions....I know people have used urine throughout the ages for various purposes but I am not sure exactly what they are, I may have to try a "yellow snow" hack of some sort....:)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3032615/

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...science-behind-historic-uses-of-urine-442390/

any ideas???