1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

seasonal and regional (local) eating?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Ruth Dejarnette, Feb 5, 2019.

1. If we are to eat seasonally and regionally, then should I not be eating freshwater fish and game from my local area rather than seafood if I live no where near the ocean?

Why can we eat greens that are out of season?

I guess the question is how do I determine which foods should be sourced only local and seasonal and when does the benefit of a food out weigh the fact that it is neither local or in season?

Would it be beneficial to eat local greens, vegetables, berries, fruits such as apples that have been preserved by dehydration during the winter months when none are available?

Is it best to eat as the Native Americans from my local area did years ago or should I take advantage of technology and eat seafood and greens that can be shipped to me in the winter when my local area produces nothing except live fish and game?

I live in Minnesota.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Understanding that light is the key are you suggesting mass migration so the entirety of the population lives within 30 degrees latitude?

Given the new population density that would create.....how could one live in a low population area and low EMF environment?

I understand light is key and low EMF is important.....I think you said 90 % light and environment 10% food.....but until the point I am able to move to a different latitude I am trying to optimize what I can control now....currently that is EMF exposure, time spent outside in my “Shitty” latitude sun, cold exposure, and food.

So even though it isn’t about the food, what would you recommend given my sub optimal situation? Totally local in season only food, or adding seafood and greens to to my locally sourced in season food?

Also does dehydration of food affect deuterium levels? If it does, would it increase or decrease the level?

Christine_L likes this.
  4. drezy

drezy Gold

Ruth, you are responsible for you. I look forward to your posts.

Are you seriously in it to win it for all of the population?

Corey Nelson and Jack Kruse like this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^AMAZING. I do not think people get it............

6. At times I think it might be best to refrain from thought processing in public.....it feels sort of like walking through the neighborhood naked, it is very uncomfortable and can be down right embarrassing ....but sometimes I just can't help myself, I feel the need to ask questions even if they appear to be the wrong questions......if I don't ask questions how will I learn new stuff?

I am simply trying to figure out some food questions....even if food isn't the main issue, environment is, but my reality is that in the short term I will be living in a high latitude cold environment and I would like to optimize my food choices.

To answer the question Jack posed back to me.... Jack says eat what is in season for your local area. For me that would be local fish and game, eggs, dairy, and nuts I may find outside. No other plant products are available unless preserved by dehydrating, canning, or freezing. So if I strictly follow the eat in season advice, I am limited to animal products and nuts I can find during winter.

Which still brings me to my next question, Is seafood good for everyone or only for those living in proximity to the ocean? My hunch is it is good for everyone, irregardless of where they live, but I am not certain.

Which still brings me back to greens. My assumption is that out of season fruit and probably root veggies are bad because they are loaded with high levels of deuterium. But I thought that greens were....."ok" because they are lower in deuterium, therefore eating them out of season was acceptable, but here again, I wasn't sure.

Now my sense is Jack is trying to tell me that my food choices are really irrelevant because the issue is my environment, but again, my reality is that in the short term my location on the planet will not be changing, so I am left with trying to optimize what I have the ability to change and control right now, part of that is what I eat and I would like to understand the food stuff to the best of my ability.

I know.....it is not about food....someone reminded me of that earlier.

Drezy, to answer your question is a bit more complicated, for now I will just say that a wise flight attendant once told be to put on my own oxygen mask first, before I attempt to assist those seated next to me with theirs...

Food for thought.....I just spent about an hour sitting in front of my EMF machine trying to put my thoughts in a post....what is wrong with this picture??? I should be in bed.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

I like that one.

That would be a legendary mitochondriac move too!

Oh, good. I'm with the flight attendant. I don't like to watch people get burned out trying to save the world. Plus I like to think members here are mutually exclusive to martyrdom.

The best play that I've found is to improve myself. I've found that few... very few... alarmingly few will notice and ask. But hey that's a few that wouldn't have know much about all this otherwise.

FWIW I tighten up my food game(pork belly, house made sausage, oysters, shrimp, occasional onions & garlic) when my UV index gets lower than 6 or so as a general rule.

I try to look at food as just a light proxy. SO the same way I wouldn't throw lights on after dark I also won't eat after dark. Don't forget that plant based food, especially, carries information with it. If that is mismatched to your current environment it's no good.

KrusinWitchie likes this.
  8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Jack said in a response to me on another thread "We need to eat to move electrons to oxygen. A bare minimum is needed to maintain life. Fats make double the water in the matrix than carbs do...…." If my environment sucks, the effects on the mitochondria will mean that whatever I eat isn't likely to be doing what I think it is doing. If the engine aint working, the fuel is irrelevant, so I can't eat my way out of a poor environment.

But then its how I define a "poor environment." I'm not a cactus in the tundra, I just live at a high latitude with definite seasons. In the cold season I need a higher fat intake than I do in the warm season. My challenge is a 16 hour day at summer solstice which reduces sleep opportunity time, and a 16 hour night at winter solstice, which makes following the light cycle more difficult when it goes against the norm of my immediate tribe. But unless I inflict it on myself by poor choices, in terms of nnemf, blue light, population density, or living indoors too much etc, my exact location is good IF I take advantage of it. So - if I was optimal - eating a local diet, including some from bodyfat storage and food hoarding, when added to the seasonal solar fingerprint and temperature of my location would be an "add on". Eye-skin-gut match. Because I'm not optimal for my n=1 I need to have a temporary or permanent migration pattern during the winter. If I was optimal to start with, because I'm not a cactus, if I live in tune with my natural environment, I don't think the migration matters so much.

I don't think we are entirely seasonal omnivores i.e. opportunistic omnivores. If we were we would need to hibernate during high latitude cold winters like bears do. I remember watching a programme where the bear came out of hibernation in the spring and found some berries in the last of the snow, it didn't think it couldn't eat them because it was out of season for berries. As a bear totally connected to its environment, it took advantage of mother nature's freezer.

Like a lot of animals we hoard, so I think we are seasonal opportunistic and hoarding omnivores, and as we moved further from the equator, with wearing animal furs etc and using fire, and mother nature's winter freezer, meant we could avoid the migration/hibernation patterns of species relying on seasonally limited food sources. Humans have also taken it to the next level because we can also trade. Seafood, spices etc.

I doubt our paleo ancestors living in the cold lane at high latitudes would have been interested in hoarding fruit and green vegetables much, but if they came across berries in the snow like the bear, I doubt they'd have left them. So for me a few home grown blackcurrants from the freezer as a winter treat or a few greens because I crave them in an inner doctor kind of way is not the same as "wanting" a banana that never grows here, and would never have got here and still been edible through early man's trading.

As for deuterium, a bear going into hibernation will be physiologically insulin resistant, fat and stuffed with deuterium from gorging on berries …. But it then goes 5 months in the cold with no food or water, and it doesn't pee or poo. The deuterium is being used for something, and I suspect that even if its only partly, it has something to do with REM sleep. REM sleep depletes deuterium, so I suspect that insufficient deuterium levels might stop a bear entering REM sleep. Then there's deuterium and the immune system... If it went into hibernation fat and deuterium stuffed enough, it comes out hungry and lean, not emaciated and infection prone - and coming out of hibernation they go for deuterium loaded roots. It seems that mitochondria don't want deuterium so make their own DDW, but deuterium has other important functions controlled by the environment (sun, magnetism, cold, sleep?). So in a "good" environment in terms of nnemf, population density etc , following the light cycle, CT, extra REM in longer winter sleep etc seems a better deuterium reducing direction for me than thinking about green veg being low in deuterium. When I'm optimal I may need to start thinking about eating enough deuterium to ensure good sleep and immune function etc, but I'm a way off from deuterium starvation I think …..:rofl:

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sue is correct......food is only need to create the smallest force we need to remain alive......to get from cytochrome 1 to Oxygen to keep the electromotive force moving. When it stops we die. This is why I say mitochondria really are a Turing machine. Here is the real important point......This action is the see-saw of life. You need the quantize balance of both actions to get Optimal outcomes. Sunlight SLOWS the flow of ECT via UVA and UVB light - the VDR and NO actions on CCO.

So what is nature saying? When you live in sun you'll need seasonal food but you won't need a lot of you are in my sun.......If you are not.....you'll eat a lot more out of the sun or further from the equator which is why I made uncoupled haplotypes.

Mother Nature's message nobody seems to get in the food guru world.

KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ruth do not feel naked. You are learning.......that is the fire hose effect. When the piece fall in place you'll see why things are not moving as you want. MN is not the ideal place to be and your job spot is even worse.

KrusinWitchie and drezy like this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Ruth Dejarnette
    Planning to instruct your son or daughter,
    using complete sentences, please re-write in your own words, what Jack said above.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...ys-trumps-food-the-details.21684/#post-262426

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...er-the-biophysics-argument.23027/#post-262425

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Drink Coconut water when you need deuterium

upload_2019-2-6_15-40-40.png

13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Coconuts don't grow at this latitude, and wouldn't have been an early trade here, so I'd be more likely to choose seasonal local (or hoarded from local) carbs and local water. :)

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

(I think) that I have seen @Jack Kruse opine that due to 5G it may be acceptable to eat coconut (oil) everywhere.

Other than you, I do not remember anyone planning on increasing his/her deuterium load purposely.

Well, there are new versions of medications that have extra load of deuterium, but that is a BigPharma.
    And they have their own reasons.
    New version of Anastrozole, with additional D installed purposely.
    Likely there are some more.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Mayuri and Christine_L like this.
  15. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Yeh therapeutically the oil is something different - like turmeric. But coconut water for a source of deuterium when I'm surrounded by sources of local deuterium doesn't make a lot of sense ..

JanSz likes this.
  16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I'm not purposely increasing my deuterium load, its just that at the moment I'm not deliberately trying to reduce it, because I'm doing another hack, and I don't want to confuse the results. :)

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My wishful attempt on providing some boundary conditions.

There are many haplotypes.
    Other than L all other are uncoupled.
    Youngest haplotype is about 10000 yo, likely older.
    That is likely before writing and history keeping took place
    Definitely there were no nnEMF then.
    100% native EMF, any variations were results of how the universe operates.
    Life was according to Mother Nature without any interference imposed by humans.
    Most migrations affecting/creating haplotypes was completed. People were living at variety of latitudes then.

I would love to have a discussion on selected number of places (different latitudes/altitudes ?) first
    and
    then
    follow up discussion of changes that (wise person) would make (today , 5G, 4G etc) (but residing) on those same locations
    Concrete price should be described, for not moving to Equator an living there without any technology or permanent shelters
    Say as:
    fertility interruption, family line will be extinct within next 2-3 generations
    life expectancy will be reduced from 90 to 30years
    etc

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Mayuri likes this.
  19. Does anyone else ever feel like we may be over thinking this?...except maybe Jack....it seems so much simpler....live outside as much as possible, live like you are camping, be naked outside whenever it won't get you arrested or in trouble, otherwise wear as few clothes as reasonable while outdoors, spend some time being cold every day, protect your eyes and skin from blue light when indoors, keep the lights off and go to bed or sit by the fire when it is dark, eat local and in season food that is unprocessed, add seafood, enjoy life, live simply....turn off the electronics and engage with living creatures, both human and our furry friends. Enjoy the glorious creation we have all been given.....love life, love your fellow person kind, love God, if you don't believe he exists just look around at the creation you see and then maybe think a little harder about the intelligence that created and sustains it all.

As I sit in the gently falling snow and see the glorious light that it reflects, as I listen to the silence it makes, as I observe the white blanket of protection forming over the ground, I am in awe of the creator, the great scientist who made it all.....I am so curious and I want to understand how it all works....but sometimes it is just better to be like a child and look out in wonder at what surrounds me and give thanks for life itself.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So many choices.
    Life is good.

There are two kind of people.
    Those who will be procreating.
    Those who will not procreate.

Those who will be procreating will influence future of humanity.
    They should know about heavy responsibility they carry.

recoen likes this.