1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sean's very un-optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by seanb4, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This sounds like a situation that a broth can help big time.

2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@Linz Very interesting about the melatonin. Been very careful with light cycles for the last 2+ years, done the sun morning thing and CT, and no worries keep making suggestions.

@sooperb Yeah I used to buy it quite a lot thing is I cant eat much smoked mackerel without the taste getting to strong though I can eat a lot more raw mackerel, problem with that is it can cause me food poisoning sometimes. I should really start eating it again though...

@Jack Was having broths for months doing GAPs intro. Didn't make a difference I'm afraid.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sean ..... this is just my opinion .....you are searching for answers so hard and you seem to jump on each new thing to try to resolve your issues and and get back to optimal health. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that - but I have always had the feeling that you try too many things at once - because you are desperate for answers.

I wouldn't touch smoked mackerel with a ten foot pole or those sausages you were talking about ...ever....

If I might make a suggestion .....make a plan and then stick to it for a couple of months... for eg

bone broths and only fresh food/seafood.

fresh mackerel with lemon juice

a MHS with lemon/lime juice and fresh herbs like corriander and spring water and some fish eggs thrown in.

Could you get organic eggs from chickens that live outisde? organ meats?

what about colostrum?

some raw GF beef with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and fresh herbs.

I am sure you know this - when you add lemon jucice it, in effect, cooks it .

4. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I know it sounds like I have rushed through trying all these things, and some things I have, but you've got to remember I've spent over 2 years now trying to fix this issue. This means I have spent a few months (minimum of 3) on all the main idea's such as, Epi-Paleo, GAPs, FODMAPs, Cold Thermogenesis... the only thing that made a difference in any of these was reducing the volume of stuff I was putting through my stomach. Plus the water fast strongly hinted to me that it wasn't a food type issue.

The diet plan you've put up for me is far better nutrient wise than what I am currently having however it is very similar to the type of foods I was eating when doing GAPs intro (I went heavy on the fish) and I have better results, stomach wise, doing what I am currently doing than what I was then. When I was doing the GAPs I was REALLY bloated from the sheer volume of food/broths.

I have tried colostrum followed by sauerkraut before. Just did it until the, really fucking expensive, tub ran out.

5. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Sauerkraut is simplicity itself to make, one cabbage, salt and a few jars with lids. Plenty of recipes on google. I tried sauerkraut for the first time when I found a jar of raw in the health food shop, it was surprisingly tasty. I thought £3.79 was a lot though so looked up to see how to make it. It doesn't look difficult at all.

6. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I have tried many times to make sauerkraut and failed. Maybe I am just a retard. I bought raw stuff from somewhere but it was way to expensive. I remember Jack saying the only benefits from sauerkraut are from it's structured water. So maybe youll get the same effects from drinking lots of good water...

7. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Damn, I was hoping it was foolproof. I'll let you know lol. Wonder if the kind of cabbage makes a difference?

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Maybe. Give it a try anyway, maybe you'll have more luck than me.

9. Weiss

Weiss New Member

Hi, Sean

I have tried recently some things to help my bloating and constipation.
    After my first days on Candida cell wall suppressor http://candidacellwallsuppressor.com/ I noticed significant improvements with bloating, my belly became flat again, but it did not last long. Well, there are 3 rounds with 10 days break after each round, I took 2 at the moment, now it is the second break.
    Together with that I began the herbal Colon Cleanse http://www.ultimateparasitecleanse.com/ which is really good. So, at the moment the constipation problem does not exist. It is recommended to take 2 month course. In stools there is plenty candida biofilm expelled. At the same time I take Syntol (enzymes + probiotic).
    So, in general I see some improvements.

I think, I have found the reason for my high heart rate: simple too much toxins expelled. When I started taking zeolite-bentonite and activated carbon, my heart rate improved significantly. I have read about treatment for Mercury poisoning & other heavy metals here: http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/treatmentformercurypoisoning.html

Well, heavy metals poisoning can give a lot of nasty symptoms:
    http://www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com/mercurypoisoningsymptoms.html
    When candida dies off, it releases plenty of mercury and other dirty stuff that first come into blood circulation.

I use magnetico sleeping pads for 3 months (bought Super System), but I did not notice the effect yet, whereas grounding helped with sleep improvement right away.

10. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hey Weiss,

Glad to hear your treatment is helping you out.

I have tried many Candida programs/diets and done many colon cleanses without result. Plus my symptoms don't really match Candida, eating sugars is no different to eating keto or drinking water.

It's a little disheartening to hear the sleep pads have done nothing for you, I'm kinda pinning all my hopes on this. Still need some questions answered before I shell out.

11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Okay so I've got a week off at the end of this month so I am going to go camping for however long I can stand.

I will bus it to a local village and walk off into the peak district from there. I will bring lots of water and probably sausage as food. I already have a backpack but I just bought a winter sleeping bag. I really hope it doesn't rain. I guess if I sleep on a hill under some tree's the wind won't be so bad and I will have at least some protection from the rain. The sleeping bag only leaves my face exposed so I am probably going to sleep with my face squashed on the ground for grounding purposes. I cannot see me being able to successfully light a fire so hopefully this will be enough.

Any tips?

12. Linz

Linz Gold

Sean,

Peak District in January, you need an expert with you. Don't risk hypothermia on your own and it is really easy to get lost if there is a blizzard. i've gone right off track only 200 yards from the car in the Highlands and it was a sobering experience.

Why don't you look up local ramblers association groups, National Trust volunteers, conservation groups or a cooperative farm project where you can go out with others with experience? Yes most of them will be much older than you but i'm sure they would welcome younger participants and it would be a good way to get to know people interested in outdoor life. Or just go out somewhere in the country for the day (with good waterproof clothing) and practice lighting that fire somewhere safe. Sometimes National parks have specific BBQ areas. Do you have any local allotments? perhaps you could ask around them to see if anyone there would appreciate some help with their digging/weeding etc. Take smaller steps that you can enjoy

13. Hope

Hope Gold

Audrey....what is bad about smoked mackerel? Once in a while? Wouldn't it still be better than lots of other things...even if not 100% optimal like fresh? I would love to hear.

14. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Hope I guess it's what it's smoked with that matters. I have eaten smoked mackerel many times in the past but these days I would be checking to see how it was smoked. There is hope that there are more thoughtful producers about, I can get naturally smoked kippers (for OH lol) and even naturally smoked haddock without any colouring, it's really quite tasty.

Sean, if funds run to it (and notwithstanding Linz's excellent advice) try to find something akin to a Kelly kettle. If you set out with some dry sticks, fluff or suchlike you should be at the very least be able to boil water for a hot drink or a little local heat see here: https://www.kellykettle.com/?gclid=CJrWkNyHg7wCFQUUwwodhkEAFw. There are other, cheaper brands that work just as well or if you're a handy sort of fellow you could maybe cobble something together that would work as well. If you can, try to source something to keep the worst of the weather off too, a large piece of polythene can be used as a ground sheet or you can just wrap it round yourself if it rains, make a shelter etc. Even a cheap pop up tent might be a good idea. There are bargains to be had: http://www.outdoorclearance.co.uk/i...d&gclid=CK-dsO-Ig7wCFQjlwgodoxMALQ#googlebase. Even this would be better than nothing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterproof-...1389888295&sr=8-10&keywords=small+pop+up+tent

Please do be careful, you sound desperate for answers but I think you're throwing yourself in too many directions.

15. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yeah the cold is the main thing that is worrying me. If I'm careful not to get lost, stick close to a road and don't go more than 2 miles from the village I should be able to make it there if anything goes wrong. The sleeping bag is meant to be good in extreme conditions up to -10 C. I looked on the peak district website and it says today temps were lowest 2 C. Does this sound right, I'm no good with temperatures? If so then the sleeping bag should cover it as long as I chose the location wisely.

I had a look at the groups you suggested and they seem to be paid memberships, only go on certain dates, and won't be doing what I want. Going just in the daytime wont be enough for an experiment...

Whilst weeding is a good idea I already feel very fatigued as it is and wouldn't want to be doing any extra activities.

16. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

It's okay, for food I will just eat the pork sausages I have been eating recently that don't need to be cooked, it will keep this variable constant.

The sheet is a good idea and I'm half considering getting the waterproof fisherman's tent...

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sean .... now I am really worried about you.....please, please, please be careful...

what are you going to do during the day? just wander? You shouldn't go without a tent - or without knowing how to lite a fire! What will you do if it rains? if the temp really drops?
    Please heed the advise that Linz gave you ... please....

There must be a better alternative - put your thinking cap on......

18. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I suppose you could just head for the local park or nature reserve and camp out there lol. At least there aren't any bears or wolves in them there hills.

If you do go, make sure you tell someone where you're going and when you plan to come back. Better still, when you get somewhere tell someone in a local shop that you will call in each day between a and b time and if you don't show can they raise the alarm?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  19. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@caroline I will try to be careful and I got the waterproof fishermans tent for a tenner that sooperb linked, if it rains. In the day time I will just mill about and read Jacks bible, err I mean book.

@sooperb I will send my brother a text or something at daytime.

20. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Sounds a good idea Sean, just make sure your phone is charged lol. Great that you got the tent, I admire your pluck, I'd love to go wild camping but just don't have the guts to do it on my own. Plus my hubby would probably eat his knuckles at the thought of some mad pensioner taking herself off into the woods alone with just a pocketful of twigs and a sleeping bag. Actually I was hard put not to buy that pop up tent lol, I can just imagine the look on his face and his big "Why??? You know you'll never use it" just like the hammock, portable grill and firebowl, the kettle thing etc. I'm all equipped with nowhere to go :) Stay safe young 'un and I hope you benefit from it.