1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sean's very un-optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by seanb4, Aug 15, 2013.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I've tried coconut oil, in fact I did a few 3 day fasts with coconut oil, lemon and water. Doesn't make a difference, it's like I was saying, it's doesn't seem to matter what the food/drink is, just the very fact that it's stretching my stomach seems to be the cause of my problems.

Living on just fat is interesting. I wonder what the minimum amount of protein is needed on a zero carb diet.

2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Okay so a little update. I haven't eaten raw in over 2 weeks now. Only recently (last couple of days) have my new stomach pains/cramping gone. I figure it must have been a parasite or something but it should be gone now.

I have decided to throw certain aspects of leptin recent out of the window that were not serving me. I am eating 3-4 meals per day. I am making sure these meals a small in volume but high in cals (fatty sausages, fatty yoghurts, double cream + egg yolk powder + protein isolate powder) and drink water throughout the day in hopes to never stretch my stomach too much. This has helped to control my symptoms a bit more and is the only thing that does so other than consuming less food/drink or fasting, and those last 2 options are not feasable long term.

I will drink a mouthful of mineral water as soon as I wake, then another mouthful 10 mins later, and another 10 mins later. Then 10mins after that I will have my breakfast which will be either yogurt or my cream + egg yolk powder + protein isolate powder + juice mixture. Roughly 600K.
    2hrs-ish after eating I will start drinking water again at roughly 10 minute intervals per mouthful. Then I will have sausage 600k between 3-5hrs after lunch and then probably sausage again for tea, 3-5hrs later. 600k. Throughout the entire day I will be drinking the water, leaving 2hr gap between food and 10mins between mouthfuls.

Whilst I still feel rediculusly leathargic, have bad heart palpitations, bloating, stomach pressure pain, etc, I have noticed it is reduced a bit when I eat like this. It has very little to do with what I eat. How much stuff is in my stomach is directly relational to my symptoms.

I remember gretchin (??? or someone else) mentioned something about vagus nerve problems. Whilst I had already considered that possibility, upon checking google I didn't find much information. Any one else care to chime in?

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Sean ... have you listened to Dr. Tim Jackson's free webinar?

4. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Nah, I forgot, will listen to it when I get the chance.

5. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Tried to get the webinar up, kept saying error redirect loop. Anyone got a different link?

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

did you put in a support ticket Sean? things seem a little wonky lately....

7. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

k, sent support ticket.

8. Weiss

Weiss New Member

Hello seanb4,

I have exactly the same symptoms and reactions to foods/drinks except fatigue (not nearly as bad as in your case, it does not interfere at all with my everyday life and activities) for about 1.5 years, it becomes worse with the time (female, 40 years, hight 1.68m, weight 60-62kg).
    Run stool test twice – it shows nothing suspicious, no parasites.
    Labs show negative for autoimmune issue, only some allergy to the common wheat: it is slightly out of range. Of thyroid doctor commanded only TSH - 2.97 mU/L (0.3 - 4.5).
    I have more omega 3 than omega 6: the ratio is 0.77 (1 - 4). I don't know if it is a good thing, most people have exact the opposite problem: too much omega 6.
    Homocysteine is 4.6, Cholesterol panel is good. There is lack of vitamine A – 33 (43 – 111), but β-Carotene aplenty – 1499 (75 - 500), lack of Ferritine – 29 (50 – 170), Folic acid aplenty – 1016 (140 – 628), too much Iodine in the urine - >600 mg/24h (170 – 280). There is everything Ok concerning antioxidants and the rest of labs look fine. I have tried a lot of things to no avail and am now at a loss.

I know, the bloating, constipation, fatigue are the classic signs of candidiasis. I am sure of having this issue and am trying to fix it now. Found good tips here:

http://www.thewholeofyou.com/pages/how-to-treat-thrushcandida-overgrowth.php

I have noticed one thing recently: after having eaten Bacalhau liver (but I think, any fish liver will do) the bloating improves significantly. In Jack’s article http://www.jackkruse.com/quantum-bio-10-hormone-102-drawn-to-light/
    he speaks extensively about vitamine A. I was struck by this passage:

Vitamin A deficiency impairs innate immunity by impeding normal regeneration of mucosal barriers damaged by infection, and by diminishing the function of neutrophils, macrophages, and natural killer cells. Vitamin A is also required for adaptive immunity and plays a role in the development of T both-helper (Th) cells and B-cells. In particular, vitamin A deficiency diminishes antibody-mediated responses directed by Th2 cells, although some aspects of Th1-mediated immunity are also diminished. These changes in mucosal epithelial regeneration and immune function presumably account for the increased mortality seen in vitamin A-deficient infants, young children, and pregnant women in many areas of the world today.

And then in this article http://www.jackkruse.com/brain-gut-9-what-really-killed-michael-jackson/
    I have found very interesting things about Candida and connected some dots.
    There is a quotation:

“So who suffers from Candida?
    This availability causes the gut flora to simplify, in both species of bacteria, and in shear numbers. We normally have 100 trillion gut bacteria and about 150-250 species of bacteria/yeasts/parasites in a normal gut. When the mix simplifies it decreases and changes the bacterial microfilms that the gut bacteria grow on. This is the perfect opportunity for candida to take over a gut. There are many ways this can happen, but I am just explaining to you the two most common ways it happens in our modern world. Diabetics have the largest battles with candida. This is why T2D, candida, and an obesity type flora tend to occur together. The situation for T1D or a Moby/LADA diabetic is quite different.

And what symptoms do they have?
    We already mentioned T2D are a big portion of the sufferers. But what are the symptoms of a candida infection and altered gut micro-biome? Symptoms vary wildly between people because their gut flora does as well, and this makes it a tough diagnosis for many physicians. Most MD’s are taught to look for the low hanging fruit symptoms, like a white patch on mucous membranes that can be scrapped off to show a red map-like covering of the surface. We see this is in the aero-digestive tract and in the genitourinary system often. The more “zebra like†symptoms can be chronic fatigue and loss of energy. They can be related to depression and progress to regular or migraine headaches, bloating, excessive gas as well. One of the more interesting ones I see often as a neurosurgeon is pain or tightness in and between the shoulder blade area. This is commonly seen in degenerative disc disease (or herniation) of the neck and in gallbladder disease. An astute clinician must be aware of the unusual presentation of this yeast infection. That ability was more adept in the days before evidence based medicine. A cookbook approach, like evidence based medicine, won’t find these things often in my view. Candida can also contribute to brain fog, mood swings, memory loss, itching, multiple region joint pain with normal X-rays, chronic indigestion, ulcers, many sinus conditions and cancer generation as well.â€

Bloating, constipation and fatigue also accompany the thyroid deregulation. It seems, this herb is great in helping to fix a thyroid issue: Potentilla alba. As soon as I get it, shall try.

I’ve got OXY-KLENZ and SPOREgone:
    http://www.thewholeofyou.com/pages/shop.php
    It helped great to resolve the constipation problem.
    I have found so called soil-based probiotics that are great in struggling with Candida:

http://candidahelp.nl/english.html

I tried first Symbion and now I use Threelac. It helps. I read a lot of good reviews from the people who use it against Candida. Bad news: it takes time, minimum several months. In Europe it is only obtainable from Netherlands. I’ve got also a Russian analogue probiotics Vetom, the Russian one is better, but difficult to obtain.
    All these measures in combination deliver some positive results, I am sure, it will bring success finally.
    There is another helpful site:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/

I wonder, could it be the same problem with vitamin A in your case as it is with me? I’ll try to fix my vitamin A deficiency as soon as I can.
    seanb4, I wish you all the best and hope you’ll get some improvements soon.

9. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hi Wiess,

Sorry to hear you're in the same situation. It's also rather demoralising for me to here the tests you have taken have come back relatively normal. I was putting a lot of hope into getting those tests and them showing something wrong with me.

I doubt it would be candida if the stool tests didn't hint at it. I also ate lots of liver pate every day for about 2 months (lots of vitamin A) and noticed no difference in symptoms.

In my case I'm sure all my symptoms are a result of an inflammation/stress response occurring every time something enters my stomach. The immediate heart palpitations, bloating, and tiredness are caused from the stress response. Then the constipation, fatigue, etc are long term symptoms of chronic stress. My fatigue has slowly gotten worse and worse over the last 2 years of my stomach being fucked which is in-line with my theory.

All I need to figure out is WHAT is causing this stress response, it seems to be when the stomach walls are stretched but I have no way to confirm this. I have had tests for and tried treatments for all conventional ideas of what it could be, and lots of unconventional ones. I no longer believe I will find the condition written down somewhere on the internet has no one seems to have discovered it. I just have to continue experimenting and trying things until I figure it out.

Anyway please do keep me updated with your experiences and experiments. I really would like to know.

10. Weiss

Weiss New Member

Hi seanb4,

In my case there are some indications to candida: in the first stool test there was though a bit yeast present, there is also mucus in stool. I had the skin outbreaks on my feet - the sure sign of the issue, plus bloating and constipation. I think, the bloating is not in the stomac (at least not in my case), but in the large intestine. Some months ago I have eliminated the problem completely for a very short time by herbal enemas in combination with an intake of some herbs. Though, I didn't know about the importance of the diet and ate a lot of fruit and the problem came back immediately. I notice, when I eat even a little bit of sugary or starchy food (or drink), the bloating becomes much worse. So now I try to eliminate all the possible triggers.

In my last labs there was a sign of some allergy, but not to the listed foods (except slight allergy to the common wheat) and I don't know what the allergen substance is.

I would yet recommend you to read here http://www.thecandidadiet.com/

What worries me most it is the high heart rate during last few months: it is 80 - 90 at rest and higher still at night - sometimes above 100, don't know what is the reason and what to do about it. I try to keep it reasonable with Crataegus tincture and some herbs, but I understand I am only adressing the symptoms and not the underlying causes.

A bit of my weight story. My normal weight is 52 - 54 kg (was for all my life), but after going paleo I quickly put on weight - there came al least 6 - 7 excess kilos.
    At the moment I eat mostly once a day - in the morning, otherwise I gain weight. It is intheresting: all my life I had another problem - how to gain weight, but now the first time in my life I began to think about a weight loss. I connect my weight problem with hypothyroidism, shall run thyroid tests soon to be sure. I had a 5,5 years of raw veganism period before my paleo diet, I guess, it could be the cause of my thyroid issue.

I shall give a try to several ideas and I'll let you know if there will be some positive results.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hmmm okay maybe it is candida for you but I am almost certain it isn't for me, I'm missing way too many of the symptoms, and candida and elimination diets didn't do shit for me.

My weight is around 64kg, slightly higher than when I started getting my stomach problems but that is probably just water retention or something.

The heart thing is VERY worrying. It's not the speed but the strength of each beat. It feels like it's trying to beat out of my chest, it almost hurts and leads me to becoming out of breath, and also wakes me up through the night. #worrisome

Anyway good luck with the candida diet Weiss. Maybe you could try a coconut oil fast. Say 3 days on hot water, coconut oil, and lemon juice. Maybe that will do some good?

12. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I wonder if the heart thing is stress related? I've had some really severe palps during the night, awoke wet with sweat and then had the shakes but here I am a long time down the line with no heart problems they've been able to find anyway. I've had an echocardiogram, a halter and am currently carrying round a memo machine to use if my heart plays up again which it hasn't so far. I have had years of the palps followed sometimes by severe shakes yet once it stops there aren't any after effects. I've had panic and anxiety attacks, all I am now sure are related to subconscious and conscious stress.

The way I have dealt with this is to read up as much as I can about panic/anxiety related symptoms, started taking magnesium and various other "good for your heart" stuff like turmeric and cinnamon, bought and used the earthing sheet and also read Dr. Stephen Sinatra's book "Reverse Heart Disease Now" which gives a good explanation about how your heart works and what it needs to stay healthy. He shares a lot of Dr. Jack's beliefs. He has a website for more general articles. http://www.drsinatra.com/heart-health-2/

There is a pretty good website uk-based, No more Panic, lots of people, lots of symptoms and lots of advice and reassurance. Things seem at last to be stabilising for me, I haven't woken at night with palps for quite a while. I try to avoid what I know can cause them, too big a meal in the evening and alcohol in more than just a few sips.

I've never thought of myself as a stress head or worrier but I think one's subconscious operates independently of our conscious reasoning. I am with Dr. Jack in the belief that good quality sleep is the fixer for a lot of things.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  13. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I am almost certain the heart palpitations are from a stress response. I am also fairly sure it is not related to emotional stress or magnesium deficiency. The palpitations are definately worse after eating/drinking no matter how clean the food is. The act of consuming anything causes a stress reaction for some reason of which I have no idea. It is also somehow related to stomach ulcers, NSAIDs or PPIs.

14. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Okay an update of what's happened over the last month.

Increased mountain/mineral water amounts to roughly 2 Litres per day. This has noticeably boosted my energy and made my hair and skin a bit better but has resulted in a slight increase in bloating and other stomach symptoms.

Been eating dry cured pork sausages A LOT over the last month. They are cheap, calorie and fat dense, and the ingredients are mostly good however the omega 3's and the lack of fish I have been having is unfortunate. I have been eating dark chocolate and pate as well. I have noticed that the dark chocolate seems to make palps worse so have recently cut it out however this removes my only source of carbs and a lot of magnesium from my diet; is 80g of protein and rest fat enough for zero carbs? I noticed bowel movements increased to roughly one every 2 days with dark chocolate but they didn't feel like good movements, kinda felt like they where rushed through my system.

Started grounding myself via a small rod outside and moved my bed away from emf, bought a wired mouse, use air plane mode on phone, etc. Not noticed a difference yet but hoping to get a magnetico pad, my god they are expensive, with the overtime I have been doing around Christmas. Hopefully this will have a noticeable effect...

Other than that no change really, still feel really fatigued, stomach still broken and have heard nothing back from the people who are meant to be doing the cortisol test and it has been 4 months now. Will ring them up.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I would be concerned about the dried cured pork sausage ...... All the stuff in things like that really bother me - anything commercially made really.

I just keep thinking there is something big you are missing - I don't mean serious .....just something you are overlooking.

I hope the magnetico will be all you hope for......

16. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yeah it's not ideal but the ingredients aren't terrible (pork, paprika, salt, garlic, sodium nitrate, potassium nitrate rosemary extract), the fat to protein ratio is very good and most importantly it is relatively small volume for 1000kcal. I really do need to eat more sea food but I cannot seem to find fatty cuts of fish for cheap. Besides I have eaten strict epi-paleo for months before and nothing seemed to change. Reducing volume of the contents I put in my stomach has the biggest effect.

Yeah hopefully at the very least the magnetico will bring my energy levels up and stop me having to pee in the night, even if it doesn't cure my stomach. I am still not sure exactly how it works, I have a very rough idea after recently reading through EMF series but not much.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you emailed Dr. Bonlie? I have heard they are very responsive there...

18. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I have emailed them lots but the girl on the other end has passed them on to Dr Bonlie. Waiting for a response, will let you know if anything interesting comes of it.

19. Linz

Linz New Member

Sean,

According to the last link on the current blog (melatonin) NSAIDs can reduce melatonin.
    When my digestive problems started I had started using a computer screen in the evening over the previous months and also took a high dose course of NSAIDs. Are you very careful with light? And do you go outside and look at the sun every morning to help improve vitamin A/D cycle? Do you use CT? Apologies if I'm just going round in circles with things you are already doing.

20. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Linz, looking at the sun in the UK is nigh on impossible first thing, it doesn't show through the rain clouds most mornings :)

Sean, Mackerel is just about the cheapest fatty fish around, even in the supermarkets it's fairly cheap, frozen is cheaper or find a fish monger or a fish stall in a market and you should be able to source it even cheaper. Failing that, try for fish scraps to boil for bone broth. The butcher we use doesn't have bones out for sale because he says he just can't get enough so he restricts them to customers who ask :)