1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sean's very un-optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by seanb4, Aug 15, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

sorry Sean - I was being facetious ....if you are following the thread about challenges - Jack asked if that was what I had in mind ....so - he was being facetious too. In one of his talks he used a banana as an example of eating out of season and why you shouldn't do that.

2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Ohhh okay, didn't realise, but that still leaves the question if no fruits or vegetables grow in winter then what do people eat for carbs. I assume spinach and kale, etc stop growing at this time...

3. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

In my own experience, do you need carbs? If you allow yourself to live in sync with nature and season, winter should mean easy to get food like fish and other seafoods. Perhaps a little bit of dried meats that comes from your place of living and the fat from these two. I think that if you play outside the rules of nature, you pay. When something is not growing wild, why should we eat it? We are so many times stuck in thoughts about food that the bubble must be cracked open.

4. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Thing is, my fatigue is noticably better with some carbs, it's still bad thb but not as much. I have just recently tried roughly zero carb, with adrenal supplements and eating seafood yet the fatigue was at it's worse.

I remember Jack K saying he ate zero carb for 2 weeks in winter, so that means for the rest of the winter he is eating some carbs. What are they?

5. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Went to dietician today.
    Explained my symptoms and got told the same things I always get told. EG, eat more food/carbs, 6 small meals, etc. Managed to explain that I had tried all these things and more and it made no difference.
    In the end I took up so much time another session had to be booked but I made progress, I mentioned adrenal fatigue, and salivary cortisol tests and she is going to look into it. The doctor seemed understanding and actually knew what fodmaps where which was a shock.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is some good news at least Sean..... Keep persisting....I know it's tough.....

7. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Captain's Log, Stardate 41386.4:
    Worked 9-6 yesterday. Was really tired. Ended up eating a lot of Jam which is a bad idea but I ran out of good food. Slept from 8:30pm to 7:15am. Had stomach ache throughout the night. Very bloated this morning.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so sorry to hear that Sean.......I hope you have a much better day today...:)

9. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Went to sleep at 9pm. First quarter of sleep I kept waking because it felt like my food was travelling back up my oesophagus. Last quarter of sleep woken by slight gnawing pain in stomach. The rest of sleep I kept waking with an achy feeling in my erect penis, kind of like I need to pee but I don't because I already pee'd. This happens every time I masturbate before sleep. Any one know what that's all about?

Also If I sleep 9pm through 7am and my last meal was at 7:30pm is this bad?

10. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

I suggest rereading the leptin reset. 90 minutes between your last meal and going to sleep is not enough.

11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I was thinking that because I slept for 10hrs that maybe leptin still passes the blood brain barrier at midnight, so there is still over 4hrs between when i las ate and this event occuring.
    Anyway it doesn't happen too often so I'm not that wortied about it.

12. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

This past week I have been having daily almost diarrhoea like BMs in the morning without taking my magnesium supplements. This is very unusual for me. Could this be from a parasite/bacteria from eating raw food a couple weeks back? Could it be from separating meals into 3 or 4, eating more and drinking more water?
    Anyway I have been more bloated, noticed in general the more bloated I am the more I pee at night. Probably indicates the bloating is water retention related.

13. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Just been phoned by the dietician from last week. Says she's going to try and get the cortisol test I asked for as well as a vitamin D test. This is good news however I hope I get the corect tests, ie salivary cortisol.

I guess the vit D level would be a good way of seeing if pregnenolone steal is going on.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sean - that is good news. Do you get outside a lot with minimal clothes on? and barefoot? I can't remember if you said...

15. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yeah it is good news, just hope they are the right type of tests. I try not to wear coats or jumpers when I go outside for better cold exposure however my extremities are always really cold which is annoying. I don't do a lot of barefoot walking.

16. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I have the same problem. For me I think its a low T3 level. If you can get it checked it might be worth it.

17. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yea I would like to get my T3 tested but it will be very difficult getting it through the NHS as my TSH was within normal range. I would have to get my convincing skills on.

18. Hemming

Hemming New Member

I know how difficult it can be. I also had my TSH tested and it was within the normal range but as many experts on the thyroid have said, its not really a good marker. I still believe my T3 is too low but for me it will also be a nightmare of convincing my doctor to test it.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Can you guys get Cytomel there - in your respective countries? It is a T3 only med. What about a Thyroid support? I can't remember the name right now - but you can get it on the net. The name "Herbs of Gold" comes to mind and I don't know how Jack feels about this stuff. My free T3 was low and my rT3 was high and Jack feels that C/T can bring rT3 down [inflammation] if you are religious about doing it. Don't forget tho - that context is everything. I just thought I would throw that out there.

Have you seen the mitochondria RX?
    I am going to look thru some more notes and see what I can see....

20. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@caroline I'm not sure, I think a doctor would have to prescribe it which would mean you would need to have the T3 tests done in the first place.

Yeah I have been trying mitochondria support recently, hadn't had much results.