1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sean's very un-optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by seanb4, Aug 15, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

It sounds as if you aren't crazy about your job - just marking time for now. If you had a choice ...what would you like to be doing? Where would you like to be 5 years from now?

Did you read Paula's journal? she mentions a book that helped her as far as food sensitivities go

Do you follow Martin's journal?

2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yea i'm not bothered about retail at all, I dislike the idea of consumerism, it seems so pointless. I have a degree in games software development so I will probably try and get a job in that field but I'm not too bothered. As long as the job is working towards something productive, that benefits the human race, and gives me enough money to live on, then I will be perfectly happy.

I will give it a read but like I said before, I don't think this is a food sensitivity problem at all. If it was the 30 day water fast should have relieved my symptoms as I wasn't consuming anything that I could be allergic to (aside from water), however every time I drank water my stomach would bloat, feel full, and have a very uncomfortable pressure, etc.

3. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

My raw kidneys have been sitting outside in warm weather for 3 days now, I have aired them once a day. Might try a bit tomorrow.

Been wondering what the minimum protein intake should be for a 63kg male eating zero-ish carb. Got all sorts of conflicting information on it. I think the body needs like 80g protein with 50g carbs but because carbs are more like zero does that mean I need 180g protein? If so I probably haven't been getting enough and it's not worth doing the zero carb for me.

Still been massively fatigued since last update, think it may have gotten slightly worse going down from 50g carbs to 0g...

4. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Hi Sean,

I hadn't read your entire story until now and its really interesting. I don't have all of the symptoms you mention but I can relate to a lot of it.

I'm looking forward to following your continued transformation and wish you all the best. I would really like to hear how the raw kidneys are once you try them!

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I think it's great, seanb4, that you are blazing a new trail like this. I'm not sure even Inger has tried something like this.
    Please be sure to check the smell before you eat. It should be intriguing, not disgusting.

6. Hemming

Hemming New Member

On that note, pictures would be nice!

7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Or not......

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Haha,

Yeah ill take a picture tomorrow if I remember. Not guna try it till then as I would like to eat it when I have a day off in case bad things happen.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Can't wait to hear how you go tomorrow.........

10. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Sean, I have sincere doubts about this. I think you have made low meat, not high meat.

13. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

okay so what's low meat? I assume it's bad. How can I tell if it's low meat? Are the pictures coming through?

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I don't see the pics. I made up the term 'low meat'. It just sounds to me that without refrigeration, the meat would be putrid. I have fermented pickles and carrots and sauerkraut at room temperature, but never meat.

15. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

You've got me doubting it now. Wish I could get the pics to upload...

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am really worried about this..........when I made mine - it smelled putrid and I ditched it ...it shouldn't smell like that!

Why don't you try what I do to start?

17. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yeah I didn't eat any of it yesterday as I am now doubting if it was done right. I used a pre-frozen supermarket meat, and left it outside instead of the fridge. I'm guessing those are the reasons why it potentially went bad.

I seem to be slightly better when I receive some carbs, energy wise, and the bloating is reduced slightly if I have 3 smaller meals as oppose to 2 big ones so I'm doing that again.

Question is, in winter how are people getting there 50g carbs? Since it would be a biological mismatch to eat any fruit or vegetables, what does that leave? Is it okay to eat a banana on dec 31st if your total carbs are under 50g?

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you eating green vegetables? like spinach, swisschard, mushrooms .........

So glad that you ditched your "low" meat!

You are underweight I think? not sure I remember that right. Some people just gravitate normally to 2 meals - but - by all means...eat 3 meals......you have to do what is right for you ...your very own n=1 :)

Some people get hung up on the two meals a day thing - not sure why...maybe you need a bit more carbs than others too...once again - your own n=1

You will have to ask Jack about the banana thing!

19. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I think my BF% is okay although it is hard to tell thanks to constant bloating.

Thing about vegetables is they are bulky. I definitely do best with the least volume of food I can have per meal. Therefore fruits will be better for me carb wise thanks to higher sugar per volume.

Will ask jack now.

20. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Turns out the ask jack thing is for subscription members only. Would anyone else mind asking?