1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sean's very un-optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by seanb4, Aug 15, 2013.

1. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Good to know about desmopressin and increase of blood pressure. Thank you.

I am going thru rather successful hack and think that it may help @seanb4
    Details are important part of it.

After my Green Laser Prostate therapy eventually I ended up with going to bathroom about every two hours or less.
    At night that sometime can be stretched to 3 hours.
    That means that I have to go to bathroom 2 sometimes three times over my 8 hrs sleep time. Broken sleep time, ng.
    Nobody can help me with that (but me).
    Few years ago I came to think that I have to try Desmopressin.
    Asked doctor for script, he wondered by obliged.
    My hack did not worked then. One spray to the nose of Desmopressin made me bloated, I gained few pounds of weight, newer tested BP, possibly was high.
    Fast forward to March 2017.
    Different story with same Desmopressin.
    The one I was using before had 10mcg in one spray.
    Now I am dealing with
    0.83 mcg per dose or 1.66 mcg
    I am using the same Desmopressin (5 or 6 years old) but it is diluted.

It is a work in progress.
    0.83 have not done anything.
    With 1.66 with I can sleep now 7hrs, go to bathroom then sleep my last hour.
    Eventually I will increase dose little bit more, but it is highly promising experience.

If interested there is more details in attached file.
    There is little problem, I have new bottle of Desmopressin but use old one.
    Reason, old have a top that can be unscrewed, new does not. I have already idea on how to get it out (gracefully)
    So far the old one works so I leave that problem for latter.
    Picture shows old version.
    For the new bottle of Desmopressin I paid $40 (with insurance help)
    When the new diluted version of Desmopressin become available, called Noctivia, (10x diluted) they will likely charge more or just $40. I think I will continue asking for the old one, why spend $400 if $40 is doing the work.

.. upload_2017-5-12_9-53-33.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    seanb4 likes this.
  2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I tried about 5-10g L Glutamine yesterday and it resulted in insomnia and a worsening of palpitations. I'm sure this is caused by glutamate. Maybe getting into brain through permeable bbb. Exacerbated by COMT and MOA mutations.

Maybe I can counter this with taurine/NAG/lithium doses however I feel this is going down the wrong, expensive path.

@SatoriHeart What do you think of high dose bovine colostrum?

In the meantime I will continue on with helminthic therapy and the other supplements satori had success with.
  3. You likely have expressed SNPs in GAD1, (glutamate-decarboxylase). I also had a similar reaction to Glutamine several years ago and tabled it for a long time. These days, I am able to take up to 40g without the slightest problem. My opinion is that it all comes down to the state of your microbiome. Altered levels of commensal and pathogenic microbes can change methylation patterns, silencing expression of genes such as GAD1 which converts glutamate to GABA. Glutamate excitotoxicity is already a problem for people with Pseudomonas, Citrobacter, Pylori-type GI infections. Add to that the toxic offgassing from hydrogen sulfide, and any additional glutamine would just throw oil on the fire.

For this reason, I wouldn't recommend re-building the gut lining with a diet high in glutamine until the original problem has been resolved. And to do this properly, you need to take a stool culture. There is no shortcut. Every pathogen has its own modus operandi and requires specific handling. I, for instance, went back and looked at my last GI Map performed a couple of months ago and put focus, once more, on the high levels of Citrobacter Freundii. Looking at the array of antimicrobials I was taking, it was clear that nothing would have a profound effect on their populations. For that, we need specific antibiotics or high levels of Grapefruit Seed Extract and / or Ursa Urvi. It is vulnerable to those -- specifically.

Helminthic therapy may very well rock your boat as well. It's hard to say without testing. Colostrum, in any case, is excellent for leaky gut.

I would stay away from taurine until you know two things: 1) status of your CBS (cystathionine beta-synthase gene) and 2) microbiome status. If you have a strain that is producing high levels of hydrogen-sulfide (which, btw, also cause anxiety) -- then taurine... and any high-sulfur compound ... will exacerbate the problem.

Scratch lithium orotate off your list as well. It is known to suppress thyroid function and if you have HPA-axis dysregulation, you most certainly also have a subclinical thyroid issue.

The only way to bring your glutamate levels back into line is to bring your microbiome and immune response back into order. In the mean time, you can try L-Theanine, ~100mg daytime, 200mg nighttime. Nighttime dose can be combined with Phosphatidylserine to lower cortisol levels, but beware --- you don't want to take cortisol too low if you have a viral or bacterial gut infection. Nature has its own system of checks and balances, and having proper cortisol levels are essential until you have eradicated the offender.
    seanb4 likes this.
  4. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I've been doing some thinking. This all started with bad tonsilitus and NSAIDs. Looking at the different viruses and bacteria that can cause tonsillitis, these interested me; Group A Streptococcus, Epstien Bar. I figure that when I gave myself an ulcer with NSAIDs, I also destroyed my gut lining long enough to allow Strep to settle in gut/get in blood stream, or allow EBV easy passage into blood/gut.

Strep:
    I'm trying to find a site or study to compare my Strep levels with gen pop. Mine are 0.46% relative abundance.

My gut PH was a little too low last test I had (6.0 [6.1-7.0]) indicating this could be an issue for me.

I get lactic acid build up very quickly from minimal exertion. I previously put this down to my body having difficulty pumping blood however maybe its lactic acid in the blood.

Different Streps are noted in additional bacteria as well, unsure of significance.

Interestingly no growth for Lactobacillus.

It will be interesting how these results line up with the upcoming uBiome results.
  5. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

https://www.jackkruse.com/dr-tim-jackson-internal-stressors/

EBV/HHV6/whatever gets in my throat causing tonsilitus, I destroy my gut lining with NSAIDs, path to blood/vagus nerve is wide open. Virus lodges itself in a difficult place (or in everywhere, muscles, gut, verves, blood, stomach,etc) and releases nagalase to comprimise GcMAF/immune system. Virus cause gastroparesis via antibodies or messing in the vagus nerve. Gastroparesis ruins gut flora. Immune system has to work overtime fighting virus and endotoxins from compromised gut, whilst being chronically weakened by the viruses nagalase release. Hormones get depleted, health goes to shit.

Need to eradicate virus in a way in which it will not just come back as seems to be the problem in treating most post viral diseases.

Ideally, get hormones such as DHEA, Cortisol, etc in check. Do this with strong light (UK not strong enough, artificial?), healing gut. Gut is constantly comprimised due to gastroparesis. Need to get rid of paresis first. Suppress virus long enough to restore good digestion? GcMAF (too expensive), liposomal glutathione (maybe bad with low redox), strong antivirals (valaciclovir, andrographolide[https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18981566]), monolaurin? First need to find out which viruses are responsible...
  6. JanSz

JanSz Silver

7. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@JanSz Yes, as I say, very expensive.

Been thinking about how cells seem to respond negatively to seemingly small amounts of excess red/IR (600-1000nm) yet the sun irradiates up with far more joules than what is said to cause overdose.

I think it is to do with blue light balancing out some of the effects on ATP such that the net increase of ATP from red is within correct dosage range. As the light penetrates deeper, blue fades faster than red, so that even though smaller amounts of red light are entering say your thyroid/brain they are not having any decrease in ATP from blue.

So your brain cells see, lets say 4J of red and 0J of blue. Optimal doses of a cell are something like 0.1-6J, overdose 60J. Giving a net increase of 4J ATP. Within optimal range.
    Your skin cells see something like 864J of red and 194J of blue. Should be an overdose, but if we assume that blue light slows ATP at a greater rate than red enhances it (maybe 4.4x) then the net atp would be (864-194x4.4)K = 11J ATP. Within range.

I am just making up the numbers for how much blue negatively effects ATP production, I don't even know if this is how you don't overdose in normal sun conditions. Maybe this is one reason the quantlet contains blue...
  8. JanSz

JanSz Silver

disclaimer ------ I am not exactly sure if this is the company that my friend in Poland used.
    but sounds familiar

He have highly advanced prostate cancer.
    desperate
    Bought the theory they are selling.
    Spend on this stuff multiple thousands of $$.
    Have not seen absolute any progress.
    On the end they send him some stuff that was obviously not only outdated, in too high quantity, plus something else.
    When he was trying to (highly politely) straighten out this as a obvious misunderstanding, they dropped him as a hot potato.
    Highly unprofessional.

Again, I am not saying that this are the same people, but similar topic.

seanb4 likes this.
  9. I've been away on the Atlantic Coast, doing my best to increase quantum yield with sun and ocean bathing. Rather than side-track your journal with a story of how that went wrong, I'd like to share what has become a very effective (for me) anti-viral protocol.

First off, you may want to set your mind at ease regarding testing. The viral titres in serum will not necessarily give you a fair indication of how deeply your infection has progressed, especially if it is embedded in CNS / PNS and peripheral organs. Surely, active lytic cycle may yield elevated titres, but are you willing to play that crap shoot and / or induce it manually with Sodium Butyrate for the purpose of testing? That would go awry quite quickly.

What I have done in the past few weeks is group antibacterial / antiviral components into three basic categories. Rather than draw out the experiment for a year while I painstakingly find which agent has the most lasting effects, I tested with only 3 groups of substances, each containing 10-15 agents. I quickly found that my symptoms did not get any better or worsened with the first two groups, which contained, among other things, Berberine, Bismuth Citrate, Anise, and Oregon Grape. Group 3, however, had a very noticeable effect. It contains French Tarragon, Indian Tinospora, Horsetail, Thyme, Pau D' Arco, Stinging Nettle Extract, and Olive Leaf Extract.

I'm still in the process of researching the Group 3 items in more detail, but the one I have settled on, for now, is Olive Leaf with a 20% oleuropein content. 250mg, 3x a day. My current theory is that -- regardless of the particular herpesvirus strain you may have (EBV, HSV 1/2, etc.), many of these natural agents will be effective, especially if you rotate them. So the general protocol has been developed as follows (everything is taken 3x a day away from food):
    1. Inhibit viral replication - high-dose lysine, 2.5g 20:1 astragulus extract, olive leaf extract, and 400mcg of selenomethionine
    2. Kill active virus - grapefruit seed extract and monolaurin
    3. Increase mitochondrial efficiency PQQ 20mg + Ubiquinol 200mg (only morning and afternoon)
    4. Mitigate damage from mitochondrial ROS - 400mg 95% grape seed extract (only morning and afternoon)
    5. Induce lytic cycle - sodium butyrate
    A few notes on selenium. It's basically viral birth control, especially if taken with higher levels of Lugol's. Further, selenium acts on the genetic material of viruses (its RNA or DNA) and has three highly valuable effects:
    • Inhibits the ability of the virus to multiply (replicate)
    • Reduces the ability of the virus to mutate into a more aggressive (virulent) form
    • Increases the chances that the virus will stay inactive or less active and not harm you
    Thanks to @lohd2015, I identified that my morning intake of 2,500mg of ascorbic acid was interfering with my Lugol's absorption. I cut out the C and started, per lohd2015's advice, encapsulating the Lugol's drops in coconut oil. YMMV, but it has been a very potent combination for me.

I hope this will also push you closer to your optimal as well.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    drezy, JanSz, seanb4 and 1 other person like this.
  10. lohd2015

lohd2015 Gold

Congratulations! Very good news indeed.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@SatoriHeart Very pleased you are doing better, this is great news! Very, very interesting post. Yes, I think virus test results may not be reliable so no point putting too much stuck into them. I have in the past tried most of the supplements you have suggested bt never in combination and I can't remember dosages. It would be interesting to try them out.

How were you separating the groups? Was it based on mechanism of action, or was it arbitrary, just to use process of elimination?

That really is quite incredible. I have been using Lugols 7% 4 drops orally for about a month or so. However I have been applying butter on my skin thanks to advice from sueuk and I am now able to tolerate the sun much better. Sweating is also increased which is very good.

I wonder how much improvement is due to Florida vs supplements.

I have had some interesting developments this past week. A couple weeks back I decided to go for another round of Helmithic therapy. For a week now my gastroparesis has been significantly better. I do not want to put too much hope into this. It may not last, or may be the results of body increasing transit time to try kick the worms out (not digesting food right?) but I am not so sure. I have a slight growling stomach now when I go a decent time without food (never happened in last 6yrs) and I have begun eating more fat, and only 1 meal a day. I am in some discomfort afterwards but its nothing compared with before. If this sticks, it could be huge. I could go back to ketosis, my stomach won't be full at bed time (messing up sleep) and the transit time should somewhat normalise gut flora. This will mean I will have far less endotoxins and give my immune system a shot at the virus. Just really hope it lasts, so I'm not going to try anything yet that could potentially kill off the worms....
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Update on my own hack. :) I've been experimenting with ghee and surface temperature. Yesterday the forecast was for UV 8 at solar noon. Well it didn't happen here :rolleyes:. It was overcast most of the day and windy, not particularly comfortable. I've had better days in October. So I put my ghee in an eggcup and stood it in a bowl of boiled water and went outside, and applied the melted warm ghee to my skin, including my eyelids. It was as if I'd moved further south..... It was like applying the warmth and the yellow of the sun missing beneath the clouds. I've got a 100% cotton cellular cot blanket, ghee coloured :rofl:that took some of the cold in the ground away from my back. Lay on my back, closed my eyes and it was like basking under a cloudless sky. One of the most relaxing cloud bathing sessions I have ever had. I was out to get the first light as normal this morning. It was clear blue skies, no wind but still very cool. As soon as the sun came up over the tree line, I did the same at the first piece of ground the sun hit. Turned a so-so light breakfast into delicious. :D I'm going to continue with ghee for the time being, warmed under cold and/or cloud, used cold set under a high temperature, but from October I'll be hacking butter. :D
    Jude and seanb4 like this.
  13. lohd2015

lohd2015 Gold

Sue-UK, this is ghee without MB, correct?
  14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

So far with the warming it up first, yes. With MB is next. :)
  15. lohd2015

lohd2015 Gold

Awesome. Keep us posted!
  16. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Just a quick update.

Been feeling better over last couple of weeks. Changes I've made.

1/2 meal a day + ketosis:
    As my gastroparesis has lessened, I am able to do one meal a day and increase fats again. This has obvious benefits but also it has helped me identify what my problems are. I don't eat until 2-6, however if I am out in the sun before this, I tolerate the heat just fine. As soon as I eat, my symptoms ramp up, and I cannot stand the heat/sun. It's all about blood flow I think. Anything that increases blood usage causes worse symptoms. I have found that being cold after eating helps with this as less blood flow to skin.

Restarting CT:
    I had been thinking about why CT makes my symptoms worse. It was an increase in sympathetic activity when it seems my parasympathetic activity is very weak. Reading the studies it appears that there is a strengthining of sympathetic when not cold adapted, then increase in vagus when adapted. Although I did it daily 30 mins, 6-12C, for 10 months, for whatever reason, I didn't fully adapt. I hated it, was shivering a lot, and I would have many symptoms of Sympathetic dominance. Whatever is causing me to be ill, also means I cant adapt as well. But I did also recieve benefits. So I decide to start doing it again, but this time, go way slower and only use temperatures that didn't involve shivering, as I think this is where increased sympathetic activity comes from.

I have also brought a uv/ir light in to bathroom (have to be careful it isn't to close to tub) and shine it on my head. Both these things means my tolerance is good. I think the light warming my head should be more or less ok as it appears what is important is reducing my skin temp to activate cold receptors (torso), so my skin is still getting cold. Look foward to water getting colder and seeing how this set up holds up.

I have increased libido, so I know it's helping my hormones howerver no longer have servere dry mouth, which I used to get after every session. This indicates my parasympathetic system isn't getting too overwhelmed.

Quantlet:

Been using this 1hr in the morning and 1 hr after meal for 2 weeks now. I have noticed changes in my heart pounding and overal well being.

I now need to focus on keeping this level of improved health and building on it.
    caroline, drezy, Jude and 1 other person like this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Silver

Shivering and CT.

Using cold shower as a CT and only to the point of no shivering
    when you know that you will start shivering, open hot water valve.

seanb4 likes this.
  18. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

My improvements have been maintained so far. Ketosis has been hit and miss, sleep is better however POTS symptoms get significantly worse. I figured it was just "keto flu" electrolyte imbalances. I have been in keto 1.5years ago no problem. Now it's big problem. I am eating higher fat but around 70g carbs. If I go lower for a few days I'm in trouble.

uBiome test comes back, not sure what to make of it. Diversity percentile is good, probiotics (Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium) is pretty bad, 20% compared to average. Nothing else really sticks out...
    Jude, caroline and WalterNL like this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

just saying "Hi" Sean.....so happy that you are seeing improvements.
    seanb4 likes this.
  20. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

UPDATE:
    Since last update I have made progress in some areas, albeit small.

Thiamine! Despite my diet having roughly enough I decided to try some transdermal allithiamine after hearing how it helps some with POTS. Instantly noticed improvement in symptoms after eating and noticed slight improvement in POTS overall. Unfortunately I have not been able to build on this, attempts at increasing dosage lead to increases in different POTS like symptoms. I am taking a B-Complex and mg, k but I still am unable to tolerate any more than slightly over the RDA.
    Thiamine helps stomach acid production, and the ANS which is how it could be helping my POTS.

Now the question is why am I thiamine deficient since I eat lots of offal and generally get enough through diet. The obvious answer to me is poor digestion. I think the main culprit is low stomach acid possibly from screwed up ANS not letting me get into parasympathetic mode. Could also be gut bacteria eating it up.
    I have tried many times to fix my stomach acid but failed always. I can take massive amounts of Betaine HCL with no burning but then develop over symptoms from it, presumably from pushing methylation too hard.
    I think the key to fixing this issue would be fixing my ANS which would also fix my POTS and allow proper blood flow to the gut, also allow proper parasympathetic signaling to make stomach acid and increase motility. How to fix this is the million £££ question. Grounding seems to help a little, the sun light if too warm makes me more sympathetic, CT does...

Usually I don't get ill but I got a fever 2 week ago and my heart rate was 110+ all day and night for 4 days. I had to go to the hospital as this combined with my POTS was unbearable, I stayed in for 4 days and now it's mostly gone. I am sick to death of this heart pounding, it's no good for me short nor long term however the doctors don't care.

My vit D3 test came back at 121 nmol/L = 48ng/ml. Disappointing for saying I have spent literally all summer outside as I no longer work. I know that people who have CFS/POTS have lower vit D but I was hoping it would be higher...