1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sean's very un-optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by seanb4, Aug 15, 2013.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

UPDATE:

Had an interesting experience where my vielight was running out of battery (low battery light was not showing) and shutting off very early however I didn't notice this for probably over a week and in that time I had 5 nights in a row of very bad sleep, waking up like 2am-6am. Anyway I put a new battery that day and since then my sleep has returned to ok / slightly shitty which is a massive improvement.

This confirms that the IR light has had the biggest effect on me so far. Since I first started using it I noticed my gastroparesis lessened significantly. And nowadays it's not that much of a big deal, I can have decent size meals with relatively small effect. My stomach still bloats and feels full early but it does not feel completely closed off.

I think I have a big issue with over-activation of sympathetic system and under-activation of the parasympathetic system. I don't know what started it (possibly NSAIDs, Ulcer, infection) but maybe this caused an already weaker nervous system to become more sympathetic activated, significantly weakening the parasympathetic side. This then lead to symptoms I still have such as gastroparesis and CONSTANT dry mouth.

When adding the IR light to the blood via the nose this, through processes I don't understand, lead to enhanced DC, the greater the DC, the greater power the vagus nerve has and also the parasympathetic nervous system. This is why I have noticed a big improvement from this.

My next step for improvement is to try to add more IR light, without overdosing on it, by adding UV light from a sperti vit D lamp.

I am far better now than I was half a year ago, so I am on the right track, however I am very far from healthy. I still have (lessened) gastroparesis, dry mouth, constant fatigue, poor sleep, and palpitations.

Also a word of caution, if your eyes are blood shot after using solar glo consider moving it further away. I got eye burn about a month ago and only now is my vision becoming less blured. It still isn't as good as before.

I have also been practicing things like deep breathing and lip touching :cool: for parasympathetic activation with some decent results. Interestingly I already have been doing the deep breathing on my own for years now. My palpitations used to be really bad and constant and whenever anything even slightly stressful would happen ie, loud noise, I would automatically slow my breathing and take deep breathes to lessen then painful palpitations of my heart. My resting heart rate used to be in the 100s, it is now around 80 beats per second.:)

Jude and Inger like this.
  2. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

UPDATE:
    I have been experimenting with methylene blue, and biotuner a lot over the last few months. I notice I have a very paradoxical reaction to things that are meant to improve sleep. With MB, biotune, and DHEA they all make my sleep far worse. With the MB and biotuner I forced myself to "get used to them" but recently my sleep has been dire again so I stopped them both to see what happened and the last 2 days my sleep has improved!

I speculate this is due to excess norepinephrine, ACTH, and beta endorphins produced by these things and that my SNPs are really bad for breaking down neurotransmitters. Even though I was using them early on it probably was still hanging around through the night and I used to have periods of massive palpitations and weakness about an hour after which I put down to my gastroparesis and having just eaten breakfast.

Interestingly in this time the only thing I noticed that would give me good/decent sleep was sun gazing for 3+ hours. I knew this as we would have many days of no sun and a day or 2 of sun, the days I was able to gaze I had good sleep, without it was awful. Now I can't wait to see how my sleep will be without MB and biotune and with a good day of sun gazing ,although we have no real sun for about 2 weeks :(

I have also moved house to a slightly better location for now.

My gastroparesis has made big improvement which I put down to lights affects on the blood. I think the IR from vielight in my blood is allowing more oxygen to get to areas its needed as I have a big pseudohypoxia problem. I can only imagine the benefits from adding the UV with the quanlet will allow. I have considered shining UV up the nose but not sure on how the inside of the nose is designed to act with UV, it would be different to skin no doubt.

I have actually progressed to the point where I'm having more loose bowel movements, this is good as I think I have leaky gut however before my food would be stuck to long in my stomach, now it is reacting how it should with leaky gut.

Experimented with high carb but overall just got fatter and teeth got worse, back on VLC now.

Overal since last update my gastroparesis had gotten better but sleep far worse, now I think I have fixed that.

My plan is to sun gaze as much as possible (without damaging my eyes again!) through the summer and see how far that takes me in regaining my health. If it gets me a significant way there then hopefully the quantlet will carry on my healing through the winter and I will finally be rid of this crap stage of my life.

However if I notice improvement but not enough to carry me through winter then I will have to move countries. The problem is where and how to get a job, etc. I'll deal with that headache later if it comes to it...

Jude likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

You can come and work in Australia .... lots do! Lots of jobs that aussies won't do - like fruit picking etc.

My partners oldest son and his partner are travelling around Oz now and picking up jobs wherever they go.

You are young ....innovate and renovate - what do you have to lose?????

without good health you are just a shell ....just trying to get thru each day - you deserve so much more.

Think outside the square and make something happen.

You already know what sunlite and grounding does for you ......what about Spain?

take a chance! There is a whole wide world out there ....go see it!

Start a thread on ...."where in the world are you???" There are people from all over the world here now ....pick everyone's brain for possibilities!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    seanb4 and fitness@home like this.
  4. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I have been really thinking about this. My best bet at the moment is probably australia fruit picking as I have no real skills to bring HOWEVER the big problem with this is my massive fatigue, I get out of breath from just talking, my 2 jobs now involve a lot of sitting down and are quiet stores so I have lucked out a bit there. I have read about fruit picking and it sounds like a lot of physical work. My only shot would be finding somone that pays by fruit and then taking my time.

Spain's unemployment is 20% and I don't speak the language or bring a lot of skills with me. What reasons would the employer have to choose me?

America is very hard to immigrate to by the looks of it.

Hopefully I will have repaired enough this summer that the fatigue wont be as bad and fruit picking would be an option...

nicld likes this.
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sean - I understand what you are saying.......

Do you have plans in place to absolutely optimise as much sun as you can? Is the magnetic helping?

seanb4 likes this.
  6. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I am outside grounding in my back garden every time the sun is out and I'm not at work. If I do this for a few hours I notice benefits, the major problem is the weather is absoluely awful this year. Everyday is overcast apart from a few days here and there where it is mostly cloudy but the sun pops out for an hour or 2. I'm hoping it picks up but forcasts are not promising for this summer :(

"Is the magnetic helping" What did you mean by this?

On the bright side my after image of the sun in my left eye is getting smaller and the ice burn on my inner thigh I got from icing my balls o_O is going as well. Also from stoping the MB and biotune my sleep is actually fairly decent now which is very promising!

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I meant magnetico .....

You get outside even if it is cloudy?

8. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I noticed a definite improvement with magnetico when I first used it a couple year backs and have used it every day since.

No not when cloudy. I'm not sure what is better. When it is sunny I can stay out all day no problem as the sun feels good/healing. However when it is cloudy it is just cold/uncomfortable and I don't feel that same good/healing feeling. However if I go in and use my artificail lights I get a very slight feeling of how it is when its sunny. I think the IR is causing this comforting effect...

I guess it would come down to how much UV is getting through clouds in UK. The grounding would of course help as well as the light being unpolarized...

9. Inger

Inger Silver

Sean, taking walks in the woods always makes me feel so great when it is cloudy/rainy too.. IDK if it is the trees, or the beautiful nature... or what else.....
    Do you have a forest nearby?

seanb4 likes this.
  10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Sean, if you look up cellular blanket on eBay .....provides some warmth, acts as a windbreak ... And holes for the light. Wool or 100% cotton. I've been experimenting under overcast skies this morning with old cellular cot blankets .... One is destined to become a poncho ....:D

seanb4 likes this.
  11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Not a Forrest but there is some wooded areas near by, I could definitely give it a try... they are right next to a train track, I wander if that gives off much EMF?

12. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hmmm so you are wrapping yourself in it. Interesting but wont the heat your are trapping be friction (???) heat and not infrared.

I remember @Inger saying ages ago she lies on a warm black rug. I would like to try this but I dont want it getting wet if it was raining out before, etc...

13. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Noticed a certain spot just under my belly button is very tender if I apply pressure. Wonder if it is just because of my bloated stomach or a hernia or something causing the paresis...

14. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Starting to wonder if all the stuff I'm doing here is just pissing in the wind compared to directly addressing my stomach issue.

Every time I eat or drink anything at all I get a massive stress response from my stomach (heart palpitations, bloating, paresis, dry mouth, etc). This stress response is the cause of all my problems. Very little I have done over the last 5 years has helped this.

My heart has been worse recently and I need to now take this issue head on. I notice a strong pulsating just above my belly button and if I relax my abs and apply pressure it is very painful. There is another area like this below my belly button. I think the strong pulsation is my body trying to deliver as much blood there as possible because of the stress response, or that it is damaged.

There is a possibility that my small intestines have developed adhesion's or healed weirdly. This could have happened from the ulcer I got or the 2 times I went sparing afterwards and had bloody stool. The only problem with this theory is there is no real pain after eating in these areas, only with pressure. Unless the scar tissue is near the stomach valve and thus preventing it opening correctly...

I will try some of the awful gastroparesis drugs to see any effect. I will take the antibiotic one in case it is caused by an unknown stomach virus. I will take the one that blocks dopamine receptors and increases muscarinic receptors.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please keep us posted Sean ..... You need to find some relief from all this^^^^^^

seanb4 likes this.
  16. Jude

Jude Gold

Sean have you read the latest blog? There is description of an overactive sympathetic nervous system and it reminds me of your symptoms. ? too much norepinephrine?
    Good list of helps to tone the Vagus.
    BG16 really spells out Adrenal fatigue and now this this blog encapsulates that and more......really great stuff if you can get your head around it:)
    Keep on trying:)

Quote from Time 16
    The autonomic nervous system has two main arms, sympathetic and parasympathetic.

The vagus is part of the parasympathetic system.

Its activity drops chronically when the sympathetic system is constantly turned on.

The sympathetic system begins in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN). I have a blog on that, called Brain Gut 16. Read it at this point in the blog.

A good vagal control is a benefit to cope with norepinephrine levels

seanb4 likes this.
  17. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I have Jude, thanks. It confirmed for me how much trouble I am in. My heart rate is constantly jacked and painful, can go over 120 bpm at rest few hours after eating. My mouth has been really dry for the last 5 years, and a bunch of other signs. This all means my SNS is souped up and PVN is nonexistant. I know I will get cancer and continue deteriorating if I don't do something soon. I have been pushing through and working these last 5 years even though everyday I feel like shit and I think this has not done me any good.

Recently I switched to semi-liquid foods and I do get the strong stress response still from food however now it only lasts for 3-4hrs compared to 8hrs+. I think the key is getting strong blood flow to the gut, that or working out what is actually wrong there. Maybe adhesions have formed over an important blood vesel, maybe part of my intestine is scarred. I just don't know...

Have been doing some of the PVN techniques with limited success. I shall keep it up.

18. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I notice the palpitations, stress response, and other problems start around 30mins after eating yet immediately after drinking water and can last for 2-8hrs. This suggests the problem is in the duodenum.

The SNS is activated and launched into overdrive then.

The palpitations divert blood flow to my stomach/gut which is why just below my sternum visibly palpitates greatly. However I feel as if not enough gets there or it has trouble or something. The rest of my body is drained of blood.

Trying to help blood flow (sun light, vagus stimulation, calm setting, cold, etc) seems to help very slightly but nowhere near enough to fix it.

-Could be a virus/bacteria in small intestines (negative for pathogens in 2 stool tests)
    -Could be scar tissue restricting intestinal movement/ trapping artery (don't feel pain as I should if this was the case however is possible due to previous intestinal injury)
    -My intestine is damaged this at point (doubt it as it would have had plenty of time to heal)
    -Vagus damaged at this point
    -Maybe my SNS has trained itself to respond to all food/drink as stress from my time with the ulcer and still needs to be untrained (anyone know if this is likey to have happened?)
    -Tumor/cancer (didn't show up on x-rays/etc but that was years ago)

Recently switched to semi-liquid food and noticed less palps that last a shorter length of time. This is good so I will stick with this from now on. Having trouble with the oils though and stabby pain in stomach then diarrhea. Hopefully I can work it out.

Will try laying on acupuncture mat after eating soon. Hopefully that will help activate PSN and improve blood flow. When Quantlet arrives will wear it 30mins after eating, maybe strap it to my stomach. Once I have settled into this diet I will consider the paresis drugs.

For the future possibly I have noticed that Gibraltar is a British territory. Could be worth going over there if I can work something out...

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Gibraltar is pretty solid choice.

seanb4 likes this.
  20. Jude

Jude Gold

So pleased you're getting the Quantlet....that is a smart investment:)
    Just finalising my purchase ..woo hoo

cantweight and seanb4 like this.