1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sean's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sean Waters, Jan 24, 2018.

1. https://academic.oup.com/femsle/article-abstract/367/16/fnaa134/5896949?redirectedFrom=fulltext

The Qinghai-Tibet Plateau is a harsh environment characterized by low temperature, high altitude and hypoxia, although some native mammals may adapt well to the extreme climate. However, how animal gut microbial community structure and function adapt to extreme cold climates is not well understood. Plateau pika (Ochotona curzoniae) is an ideal animal model with which to study the effects of climate change on host adaptation by studing intestinal microorganisms. Here, we used 16S rRNA sequencing technology combined with physiological methods to investigate plateau pika gut microbiota in summer and winter. Due to limited diet resources, the pikas in winter have a lower ability of degradation and fermentation for plant-based food (reduced cellulase activity and total short-chain fatty acids) by decreasing gut microbial diversity and some functional microbes, such as fiber-degrading bacteria Oscillospira and Treponema. Metagenomic prediction showed that most of those gene functions associated with metabolism (e.g. energy metabolism and lipid metabolism) were less abundant in winter, implying that the plateau pika slows diet fermentation and weakens energy requirements in the cold season. Our results have significance for explaining the mechanism of wild plateau mammals adapting to a high-altitude cold environment from the perspective of gut microbiome.

2. Witnessing the biggest wins in my Health in the last 4 weeks since starting this Candida Protocol.

If I wasn't sure whether this was my issue before, I am absolutely putting all my chips on it now with supreme confidence.

I have tracked my symptom scores (lower the better) with a Questionnaire since September (before I started the Candida protocol 4 weeks ago).

Here they are:

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG
    4.PNG
    7.PNG

3. 8.PNG

This week has been the best by far....... but there has been some Volatility, with the "Die-Off", but generally things have been trending towards optimal....

Little bit like Bitcoin ;)

4. One of the biggest things that isn't really made clear on that Snapshot is the improvements to my Sleep........

I've pretty much had Insomnia/ Interrupted and short sleep durations for the last 3 years. This week I've actually had such Deep Sleep and woke up after 8 hours and been like erm Shit, it's the morning....

Anotherbig thing is that not only has my Sleep improved but it is that I have felt really full of energy, with lots of Hard Wood (sorry ladies but it's important!) and Libido... meaning my Pathways are moving OUT of Survival/ Cortisol and into Progestation......... granted, I am taking Progesterone and DHEA, but the idea is slowly reduce over time.

........... and the biggest, #1 change is My Mental Health.

Jesus fucking christ. Some of the days recently have sucked so bad, and in the last 3 years, I'd probably say I've spent the majority of my living days in a state of Depression or "HyperActivity" - this is evident in my journal, especially in the last year. It's almost like an ADHA/ Autism, an aggression, reactivity.... simply, this is not a habit or behaviour I want to retain.

I feel as though I have dropped weight from my mind and body. Let a lot of shit go.

The depression is just disappearing, and my energy and motivation for Life is returning so fast I can barely keep up.......... I'm like SHIT WHAT DO I WANT TO DO WITH ALL THIS ENERGY?

Another huge aspect is this: I have become MORE SENSITIVE TO LIGHT, BUT QUICKER TO REBOUND FROM NEGATIVE AFFECTS OF ARTIFICIAL LIGHT !!

That's not a Gain/ Symptom I was expecting... but I even notice Candle Light now, and it's not like it bothers me, but I just really FEEL it. I also really FEEL the Sun, and I feel like I need WAY LESS.

I've also started doing CT this week (as you can see).... and noticed how tremendously I respond to Cold.... makes sense with my H1 haplotope. My Sleep has really reacted to this.

It's left me wondering if somewhere at a slightly higher latitude would actually be more Optimal for me once this Candiasis is over with.
    It's something I need to test and consider, because i've been set on the Tropics 4 LYF.... but now I'm thinking, hmm.... Mexico yes cause I can use Cold here, but also - my Mother does REALLY GOOD in the MEditerranean and before I got sick so did I......... That's a long way off, but definitely a new idea to ponder.

Jackie Jolie likes this.
  5. My Protocol has been an EPCOTx tied to Candida eradication via Dr Trowbridge/ Ann Boroch's recommendations. But mostly just Trial and Error.

I am now able to eat the following foods that were not possible for me previously:
    • Almonds
    • Limes/ Lemons
    • Broccoli
    • Greens like Spinach
    • Avocado
    • Turmeric Root (raw)
    • Ginger Root (cooked)
    • Flax Seed powder
    • Hemp Seed powder
    • Camu Camu powder (An amazonian fruit loaded with Vit C)
    • More Onions (cooked - which are more sugary)
    So with just 4 weeks of the protocol I'm pretty fucking impressed by the turnaround. Eating these foods AND getting complete mitigation of Mental Health Symptoms? What the actual fuck.

Jackie Jolie and John Schumacher like this.
  6. Will post more updates in the future, but this is a long-ass process from what i have read. And I am sure at some point I will return to some Die-Off, today actually seemed to threaten it a little.

There are actually ZERO Correlation between anything I am doing and the Die Off Phases. They just come when they come. I've tried to correlate but there is nothing to it. It just IS WHAT IT IS.

Peace Out :love:

7. Ps. My relationships are improving dramatically and I am so so so glad to have found this out and have managed to save some very valuable people in my life after nearly pushing them away.

Thank God.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nice.

Sean Waters likes this.
  9. Congratulations !

Sean Waters likes this.
  10. Thank you gentleman. Very excited... will update more as I continue to Heal.

Also been nice to watch Bitcoin creep back up to $17,500

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Critical thinking is the enemy of leaders who want a compliant populace.
    "I don't believe that we should ever have a good money again, before we take the thing out of the hands of gov. All we can do is by some sly, roundabout way, introduce something they can't stop" F.A. Hayek
    https://twitter.com/rjames_BTC/status/1332760598069776384

John Schumacher and Sean Waters like this.
  12. $18,500 this week.

13. $19,500...........................

14. 9.PNG

Continue to see sharp drops in symptoms (today) and on the 17th which is really good. But, generally I seem to be consolidating around 13 points on my Symptom score. (The Lower, closer to zero the better) which is still excellent compared to the 30s I was in during September/ October.

Mental Health symptoms remain almost completely absent. The only 1's appearing were for some very minor waves of depression that I could have not counted. But i wanted to keep it accurate. Something, is more than nothing. So it's worth a point.

Continue to CT and I'm feeling warmer and developing good muscle tone.

I continue to see improvements in my Sleep, my energy, Libido and morning wood.

I'm now having the BS#4 pretty much every day. I've not had constipation or diarrhea in weeks. Stools are good colour and perfect consistency and I'm obviously eating A TONNE OF FIBRE from Almonds, Spinach, Chard, Ginger, Onion, Garlic, Avocado, Cilantro, Parsley, Rosemary, Flax Seed (occasionally), Spirulina, Chlorella... which means all of these "bad" vegetables the Carnivore crowd wants to demonise are actually helping this Auto-Immune/ Crohn's/ Candida kid get a lot better.... they have just been misunderstood due to a lack of knowledge on how to Heal the Gut.

I truly don't think anyone can start a Gut Heal Protocol that is this bad, by eating Vegetables, without experiencing discomfort. It's best to remove. But later I think you have to add them back in once you have control of the infection or the inflammation (both really), because they are essential to re-building the Flora. This is well studied and documented. We must be careful of our biases.

I've increased the Oregano Oil on days where I get die-off/ herx... almost like I know the Candida is hurt, so I punch it harder.

Today I added in Resveratrol for the first time in nearly 1 month, the last time I did this I felt really bad die-off. But so far today, no problems and I actually feel great.

I have also dropped down Diflucan by 50mg... again, not seemed to notice too much of an issue there after a few days. I want to increase Natural Anti-fungals and begin to uncouple from with Pharmaceuticals. I have a Berberine, Black Walnut Hulls, Artemesinin and Citrus seed extract compound supplement on the way.

I also want to come down on Progesterone. All of the supplements actually. And just use Vegetables and good Food to replenish my Redox Antioxidant Pathways/ Nutrition.... But, I'm still only 5-6 weeks into a 6-8 months process, and so I have to be patient here, and take massive stock of what I have Gained so far. Which is a mesmerizing level of asymptomatic daily life and an absolutely surging and growing Cognition, Awareness and Lust for life.

15. MegaMan

MegaMan Gold

16. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

17. MegaMan

MegaMan Gold

We just have to leave the cities, as Dr. Kruse and others have been saying. Can still commute in and out for whatever is needed.