1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sean's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sean Waters, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Hello everyone,

My background:
    24, from Birmingham, UK - living in London as a Quantity Surveyor (Cost Manager for construction).

I was diagnosed with crohn's in 2015, but I've beat it with Kruse's protocols. But since Sep 2017 I've got Chronic Fatigue, Lethargy, Extremely bad Eczema on arms, hands and legs (back of the joints).

I started the Leptin Reset in Sep 17, along with a deep CT protocol. I did CT before, but this time everyday and much colder. I got my energy back, but the toxin-dump was major... I had at least one day off work per week for 3 months, either with IBD symptoms or Fatigue. Good days were ok but bad days were really bad. My Eczema remained bad throughout. My arms and legs are nearly scarred with all the scratching.

I went to South India (Goa) for 25 days from xmas eve to 19th January. Wow. What a change that made.

In the sun, sunrise to sunset everyday, eating what I wanted and feeling amazing. Eczema disappeared, fatigue disappeared, no gastro symptoms the whole time. I felt happy and full of life, my dopamine and testosterone surged and I had energy to burn everyday.

I got home and within 6 days things have started to flip. Everything is going back to how it was. I've decided I'm going to start selling everything I own, and eventually move to Mexico or wherever will work for me! I don't really care what I do as long as I'm outdoors... suggestions please!! I will be completing a Personal Training qualification here in the next 6 weeks before I leave, so hopefully I can use that in Mexico?? Maybe teach/coach sport or fitness to kids or adults. If not, I'd volunteer if I had to - I don't care about the word "Career" anymore... I just want SUN, that much is clear for me now.

I will likely have to split with my girlfriend, and my company may chase me for £5000 as they paid for my university final year, but I don't care anymore... none of it is worth the price I will pay if I remain here.

I met a couple in India who had a son who moved to Mexico and worked as a sports coach in schools teaching football. Then in the wet season (June July Aug Sep) he went to the US and coached Football (Soccer) in Boston, then back to Mexico City for the Dry season... If I could do something like this, but work in Yucatan area and teach in south of USA I would get UV-B all year round... That's what I'm hoping for. I'm also going to check workaway.org

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Annemarie Heise, drezy and seanb4 like this.
  2. Michalis

Michalis New Member

If you experienced the change over there then go, there is no point staying in London .Before you take off sit down with your employer and come up with a solution. Dont leave dept back home unattended because you are young and it might bite you back one day. I am sure it can be worked out.

Best wishes for your move and well done ;-)

3. Thanks mate, yeah I won't just take off... I'm going to explain I'm too ill to work and I'm going elsewhere, hopefully something can be agreed or they just write it off! Or a small payment plan that my family could manage if I can't afford to.

4. What a difference a day makes...

So I've been fasting on a 23/1 routine since Monday, then eating a big ass salad at about 7pm... Halibut fried in lots of butter + a big ketogenic salad, with some raw oysters on the side, followed by some peanut butter and cream for dessert. Following that, I shower at 7 deg. Celsius (44 deg. F) for around 15 minutes, then sleep and then wake up and CT shower again before work. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I felt cold and wasn't getting warm... but last night, I was letting the water hit that fatty spot on the back of your neck and boom I felt a surge of something in my body and warmth generated without shivering. Soon the water felt mild all over my body. I got out, had sex, and went to sleep.

Today I woke up and hit the shower again and felt and even more powerful surge of warmth and energy... just like I used to feel back in Sep 16 after I came back from a month in Bali (when I felt very optimal). After the shower, my energy sky-rocketed. I felt like I could run up and down the stairs and then spar with Conor Mcgregor for 5 rounds. I've literally not felt this way for well over a year.

I believe it's the combination of the UV rays I've absorbed in India for a month, Ketosis kicking in after 3-4 days and my body starting to burn fat for fuel, and Cold Thermogenesis being the gas pedal and activating both the fat burning and the UV and turning me into a Ferrari.

I'm really, really, amazed and shocked this has happened. It has given me hope that the next few months, just like Sep 16 - Dec 16, might actually be OK. But, instead of making the mistake of not seeing the sun for another 18 months, I will book a trip to my parents place in Spain for April for 1 week. Then, I'm going again end of May for 1 week. And again in August for 12 days.

My only concern is that once the water in London warms up in spring, that I will lose this benefit of CT and my energy will crash and I'll start to get fatigue. But, hopefully the UV in April and May will keep me going. The Sun returns to decent levels in the UK by May/June, and then July and August is usually rain LOL, but I will have the Spain UV again for 12 days end of August.

By October, I will have saved around £7-8000 and I could get a 6 month visa for India and spend the whole winter in South Goa where I know I will feel amazing. Or, if I can keep going I will do another 1 month trip at Xmas and wait until June 2019 when I no longer owe my company any money and I can actually leave for good with no worry of debt.

This is only one day, so have to take it as a pinch of salt, but there is a light of hope!

seanb4, Janet Shold and Michalis like this.
  5. kris90

kris90 New Member

Nice man! It's amazing what the cold can do when you lack UV light. It's even more amazing what cold+UV light can do, but we gotta take whatever we can get!

drezy, seanb4 and Sean Waters like this.
  6. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Goa sounds good, just stay away from the psytrance freaks, that road to optimal will take a huge detour ;-) It is a slippery "Lucy in the sky with diamonds" slope :) LOL

drezy and Sean Waters like this.
  7. @kris90 Thanks mate... It's a 3 legged stool, as he always says. The relief when it saves your arse from impending doom is indescribable, thank fuck for Dr Kruse.

@Michalis Haha I avoided them when I was out there, they are quite ignorant now - I bet the originals were more open minded and smarter. Now they are just iphone/ipad junkies who smoke hash and talk bollocks all day. Gone are the days when John and Paul walked through those lands and discovered themselves...

Michalis, drezy and kris90 like this.
  8. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

Nice. My uncle used to go to Goa for 2 months every year. He loved it.

Sean Waters likes this.
  9. drezy

drezy Gold

@Sean Waters
    Wow!

I bet you're already hip to this but it's worth floating out there.

Since the state will fluctuate make the plans as high dopamine self.
    Ahead of time start blocking the paths and removing options that low dopamine self could reach for.

Low dopamine self never likes this but high dopamine self is the one that gots the pimp hand and is pretty much the OG.

Sean Waters likes this.
  10. @drezy Love your wise words mate... The state will fluctuate, indeed.

It tends to change on a daily basis. I've already started cutting back majorly on expenses to save even more money. We were meant to move into a new property but I've cancelled it, I just want stability, whilst I work my way through this year. I literally want zero ties so I can leave if I need to.

11. Ok so update time...

I have been frantically trying to sort out some kind of "living situation" in central america, mainly mexico. Or somewhere hot.

i met a couple in India who have a son in Guatemala working in a hostel, he has set me up to go out there and work there, and potentially become manager if it works out ok. Its not paid, but free accomm, food and drinks.

Im handing my notice in within the next few days, and seeing when is the earliest opportunity to go.

One big problem is my girlfriend, she is working here in her dream job making furniture and she can't leave and won't leave. We are both absolutely gutted about this, but she knows I need to go and is not trying to make me stay.

Hopefully we can work something out.

But, for me, I will be moving to a tropical beach location, near the equator for the foreseeable future. I have enough money for a flight, and that is all I need. I can't wait to be living in paradise ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

Will keep this updated before I go!

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Let her make furniture while you build redox. If it is a relationship that is meant to be things will work out. If not........it was an evolutionary relationship.

13. You're spot on the mark.

I have just got to go, for too long has my environment been my bane. She knows this more than anyone and supports me fully.

14. So just visited the Doctors, as I needed a Doctors note to cancel a gym membership I was using for the Sauna before xmas and also to present to my company and enable me a few weeks off sick so to set this move in motion.

I told her about symptoms of Crohn's, Eczema and Fatigue... I got told I needed to go back to the Gastroenterologist for the Crohn's and "she couldn't stress this enough", basically, she can't even fathom how much I need to be back on drugs.

For the Eczema (non EMF rash), she gave me Hydrocortisone cream 1%. The stuff I took when I was ten that never worked and made my skin horrible and hair grow too fast. After 15 years they still haven't got past that useless cream?

And for the Fatigue I need blood tests to identify. So we will never know what they would've told me that was.

Overall, what was most interesting was each issue was broken out into parts, and had a specific drug or next step for each issue, it is never looked at as a whole or really thought of properly.

She spent the whole time looking into her Desktop computer screen and could barely, barely afford me a smile or any gratuities.

It was like dealing with a Cyborg, a robot, or some Artificial Intelligence. I even mentioned I had been to India, where she is from, not even a fucking blink.

Anyway, I got my doctors note and I will be handing my notice in to work tomorrow. I'm really trying to remain cool, because my body is consumed with fear of making this Quantum Leap... but I recognise it, I know it, and can feel it... but it will not stop me. I must conquer this phone call to my Boss... I must quit... I must make this happen.

15. Michalis

Michalis New Member

The state of the GPs in the UK is on another level... They will never try to see the thing from a 30.000 ft view.. I do understand that they are extremely busy and they might want to help but they are tied down by the system... if they go investigate and start going deep then they are stepping out if the line... There is a cost involved and they can be held responsible.
    I visited mine before Xmas and i had 2 issues however the second was not addressed as i was said i should have booked a double appointment.

You have to remember 1 thing you are super young and you can do a lot. If you can stand on your feet and work then you don't have anything to be afraid of. I left Greece when i was 23 and on a whim because i wanted to live free.. I never regretted it. You will do alright.

Sean Waters and Phosphene like this.
  16. I leaped.... Handed my notice in.

Got a feeling a huge wave of happiness, relief and adrenaline.... Dopamine - do what scares you!!

My line manager told me that it's a great shame but said that I need to look after number one. He wants to arrange a leaving meal for me with the lads at the office which is very good of him.

Waiting for a call back from HR so I can inform them directly, but I am over the fear now. I just need to know when I can leave, so I can book my flight to Guatemala and start selling all my shit that I don't need to raise some extra cash. Hopefully I will find out what they want to do about these Tuition fees that I owe them... I hope they will write it off, as I won't have a job or income to pay it back as I will be volunteering in Guatemala... unless they want £10 a month over 50 years they aren't going to get anything. We shall see.

My girlfriend has already said, she wants to work for 6 months and get experience and learn her craft, then she is going to come and join me. It's a long time but not long enough to split us up I hope.

Got a feeling life is about to get a lot, lot better

17. Michalis

Michalis New Member

Jobs are gooden :) Great to hear that mate. Good stuff. It can only get better from now on..

18. Thanks mate I think so too!

19. kris90

kris90 New Member

Very inspiring man! I'm working on something for my family at the moment, and your actions are enforcing that there are no excuses. I hope to do the same.

Sean Waters likes this.
  20. Thanks mate @kris90 I have reached a point where I "must" do it, whereas I think from knowing your progress lately you don't need to!.... But Save your money while you feel great, so that if your office environment starts affecting you when your heteroplasmy rates rise in a few years, then you can go set up a business in Mexico or wherever and work from your playa del carmen balcony, because as far as employment goes - there is nothing out there from what I have seen, unless its voluntary or very low pay.

kris90 likes this.