1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sean's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sean Shick, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Sean Shick

Sean Shick New Member

Howdy!

I found Dr. Kruse via a Youtube video about two years ago; was obviously sucked in right away. The guy is magnetic. My wife an I did not immediately begin any of the protocols since we were already in the middle of another "diet/lifestyle" experiment. I did however begin the long process of trying to digest more of the blog, more of the Doc's concepts, and plan for the inevitable change. When first exposed to Dr. Jack, my wife and I had been living completely Vegan for about 8 months. I had ballooned up to 275 lbs. from about 180 over a several year period(met wife at 180, its her fault;)); something drastic had to be done. We came across the McDougall plan/philosophy and after much debate decided to give it a try. To be honest, we felt pretty good, I dropped about 45 lbs fairly quickly and then sorta plateaued. Our first child was probably about 3-4 months old when we began the Vegan thing. We cheated, rarely, as you probably could have guessed it usually involved something fatty of some kind. After learning more from Dr. Kruse, I quickly became worried about getting enough fat in to our baby. So, a 180 degree turn was made and a more "paleo" diet was followed. Fast forward to about a month ago. Mom is healthy, Baby is amazing(2.5 now and has never been sick one day of her life), Dad is back to about 255 give or take, and super unhappy about it.

Decided to get serious about a month ago. Im a baby step kinda guy sometimes, so we aren't where I wanna be yet, but here's a summary of what we have started so far.

- began substituting seafood for every protein possible, best we can source salmon, tuna, shrimp, lobster, sardines, fish sticks(don't laugh!!!)....no oysters yet

- I had been IFing for ever, usually skipping breakfast, so I have began trying to get a chunk of salmon or something down early early when I can, when I don't I just fast.

- Water

- Blue blocking glasses in the evening

- Im a farmer, so lucky for me, Im up with the Sun all year long, so I get my morning sun on my eyeball.

- No CT yet

- Minimal excersise outside of normal daily activities

- Try to get to bed by 10ish or better

- Still eat some quality cheese, still eat some yams/sweet potatoes, still eat some rice, working on it

- Coconut oil and kerry gold butter are only added fats

- No wifi in the house after 10 at night, we do not cut the breaker in our bedroom, phones are on other side of bedroom, maybe 20 ft. away.

Thats about it.

*What I have noticed*

- Intense sleep and dreaming. Amazing thing about this observation is that this kicked in like night one, after eating a salmon fish salad sandwitch kinda thing for lunch and a fat salmon steak for dinner. This has continued and gotten even better

- Down to about 245, give or take, without any calorie counting of any kind at all. I sorta feel like this would drop fast at this point with a little portion curbing but Im holding off for now.

- This is a weird one, Just as Dr. Kruse said, cravings for food have practically vanished. I feel like Im eating out of habit and because its like time to eat or something, rather then actually "needing" to eat. This is a strange one.

- Feel hot/warmer, all the time. A "change in sweating pattern" is mentioned in Leptin Rx I believe. Im assuming this means sweating my balls off doing light work in 80 degree weather? Seriously, are there any other males here that can chime in on this one. I have always been a sweater I suppose, but feel like I've gotta drink a half a gallon of water after working in the Sun a little. Curious to see what other men have experienced in this regard.

- An increase in flexibility and range of motion, joint comfort/endurance also.

- During the first week, I felt like I had more zip in my step, more energy, I don't know if this was placebo or something actually happening, but I swear something was majorly different.

Bam.

Thats basically me so far, probably really boring for most to read, but I wanted to get this written down. I actually liked reading everyone else's stories so I just went for it.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome.............and nice to hear you did well by the kid.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Welcome Sean! This is not boring in the least - how could someone [YOU] getting your life back on track and your family's possibly be boring. It excites the crap outa me!

That is what we are all here for....

JK needs us all to pay this forward......

4. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Welcome Sean! Great start to your journal :)

5. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Great work Sean! You're on track. Totally kicking ass!
    Your sweat is cooling your skin to increase UV absorbtion--this is a good thing. Expose as much of it to the sun as possible.
    Be sure to be adding salt to your food (NOT the water!). Ketogenic diets are very diuretic and want to watch your electrolyte balance.
    I've found as I've progressed on this way of life that water consumption and sweating varied. After a period of adjustment, I found I felt I was sweating appropriately.
    Don't worry about drinking water, just keep drinking it. Hydration helps with electrical charge being created by the sun and the ketotic electrons.
    Very inspiring to read. Keep up the momentum. Plateaus will happen, just review what's happening in your environment (mental, food, light) and go back to basics.
    It's an addictive way to live-- the mental benefits are outstanding!
    Joe

6. Sean Shick

Sean Shick New Member

So the wife gives me the news, Pregnant! Wow.

Swear to God, after some giggles and tears had passed, she looks right at me, First thing she says....I think its all the fish.

:thumbsup:

7. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Congratulations! Enjoy the journey.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

congratulations! lease give us lots and lots of pics and details.....