1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seafood, sun, and marijuana......what is the link?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Jack Kruse, May 4, 2019.

1. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

JanSz,

If you keep harping on this than I'm going to say yes to this - "observed in psychiatric cases." ;) Read my next comment below.

2. DrEttinger

Every day, 20x/day, I say that to patients.

Homeostasis is exactly what's going on. The only way to correctly determine dietary levels would be to food log and blood test weekly, graphing the results. Change things up, blood test, graph, repeat. It's a futile effort and not worth the time or mental energy to put into it. 1. how do you feel? 2. what does the overall blood test show? If both are good, then as a doctor I'm happy. The hardest part is - is the patient happy, satisfied, content... They should be, but if not, I can't fix that. Only they can.

Alex97232 likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@DrEttinger
    I think this is first conversation of this kind, on this board with doctor (other than Jack).

upload_2019-6-1_10-38-37.png

4. drezy

drezy New Member

I'd love to sit in on this conversation.

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@DrEttinger

Any thoughts on butyric acid?
    Lack of which causes worldwide health problems
    possibly bigger than 5G?
    started earlier than electricity.

Any food containing silo must have butyric acid exterminated otherwise food spoils.
    All food or real close to it goes thru silos (storage).
    food for humamns, food for animals.

People born this days are deprived of this stinky smell.
    I was exposed to it on my parents farm 79 years ago.
    That was only because that farm was remote in sticks in Poland.
    In USA there was already "progress" happening.

upload_2019-6-1_10-52-31.png

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    drezy likes this.
  6. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Thanks guys, I'm enjoying this exchange too!

JanSz, gut microbes can produce butyrate, it doesn't have to come from your diet. Pastured butter is one source but I don't rely on that. I'd rather provide my gut with prebiotics (and sun, of course) to encourage the bacteria.

7. DrEttinger

Yes, that is the test. When corroborated with a food log, as long as the person has a fairly routine diet, you can get a lot of data. Then you corroborate it with present symptomatology and other makers. Again, coming up with a pattern (inflammation, infection, stress...). The more tests you do, the more clues you have and the easier it is to solve the case. On my card, it says "Medical Detective." Being a doctor is exactly like being a detective. You can't solve a case w/o clues and the more you have the easier it is. The sad part is that most doctors try to solve cases with no or limited clues and by doing so, blame the wrong issue for the crime or never solve the case. I hope this helps.

Alex97232, Inger, Jude and 2 others like this.
  8. DrEttinger

Here is one thought on why not to worry about too much DHA "Today's autoimmune biophysics mitochondriac lesson: Meat has DHA in it if it is grass fed. DHA has 22 carbons and a pi electron cloud. Sunlight interacts with electrons only via the photoelectric effect. The more DHA one has the more electrons are present for sunlight to interact with. The more sunlight interacts the higher the electron density in the body and higher the quantum yield of the person and this means their mitochondria make water. This water is needed for the photoisomerization step to turn LDL cholesterol to D25 (OH). Without this conversion, your D levels drop. This is why MS is associated with low D3 levels and has the highest incidence away from the equator. It is a light disease and not a food disease." Talk soon.

9. Elizabeth G

Elizabeth G New Member

I’m just starting to read this thread and I have to upvote anyone that puts Brett in his place. That dude does as much harm as good. Cheers to you!

DrEttinger likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@DrEttinger
    Please continue the above thought,
    and
    add sentence to the effect:
    We know that high DHA will definitely suppress AA and most of the rest of omega6 to below critically low levels
    but
    that is not important because of:
    xyzw

upload_2019-6-2_7-7-44.png

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    DrEttinger likes this.
  11. DrEttinger

JansZ, I've never seen that phenomenon on any Omega Check I've run, NEVER. Even with high (I've never seen off the charts high) I've not seen depressed AA. I would assume DHA would have to be WAY high to create that effect.

The average person eats little seafood. My average AA:EPA is 12-14:1. My main recommendation to my patients is to eat seafood at least 3x/week and drop out the chicken - too high in LA. This will usually get them to a 4,6,7:1 ratio

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@DrEttinger,

This is example below is of a person with Multiple Sclerosis.
    Say, the girl in Riga (Inese) that is posting lately, have MS among many other problems,
    she may have similar situation.
    @Inese
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?members/inese.22968/
    upload_2019-6-2_12-22-6.png

==============================================================
    The %Status is derived based on Low and High laboratory ranges.
    Whole range = 100%
    Middle of range =%Status= 0 (zero)
    Low range =%Status =-50%
    High range =%Status =+50%
    acceptable %Status is assumed to be within +-25%

===============================================================

upload_2019-6-2_12-27-34.png

13. DrEttinger

One piece of pie does not make a pie. So, all we have is a fatty acid profile. What does she eat, where does she live, what supplements does she take, what are her other blood markers, is that her baseline test or after various protocols... To me, it means nothing w/o other data.

Alex97232 and Inger like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Another words
    Would you at least suspect that person with this fatty acids analysis is rather
    in the deep doo doo
    or
    olympic over achiewer?

///////////////////////////////

15. DrEttinger

I would not even begin to make assumptions with such limited data. Just because you walk into a crime scene where you see a man holding a gun, standing over a dead body, you can't assume he's the killer. He's merely the lead suspect until proven guilty, buy collecting all of the clues. Please focus on my point here. I've seen thousands of patients and labs. I would be committing malpractice if I based my recommended protocol only on the above test.

Alex97232, Inger and Jude like this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The above posted fatty acid analysis is from examples presented by Dr. Patricia Kane.
    Most other examples have an additional tests done, this one does not have.
    I am guessing that likely seeing only omega6 omega3 was enough to raise alarm.

upload_2019-6-2_13-46-41.png

17. DrEttinger

Yes, it may raise a red flag, and a good doctor would do a boatload more tests to find out the WHY.

I'll bet there is context missing. They had it and we don't. What if they are missing choline or carnitine or have a gall bladder issue or their pescatarian or they have a specific autoimmune issue or.... "If I'm not testing at best, Id just be guessing." That is what I'd be doing here.

Alex97232, Inger and JanSz like this.
  18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Thanks for that, I've been trying to work out the biophysics of aluminium and low vitamin D as opposed to the biochemistry, and that was useful. :) I'm now wondering if something like aluminium interfering with metabolic water production means the quantum yield of the person remains low, even if theoretically the amount of light in a higher latitude environment should be "enough" to increase vitamin D levels seasonally, particularly with good DHA levels. :confused:

Alex97232 and DrEttinger like this.
  19. DrEttinger

Metabolic water, if you are referring to water made at a surface (EZ) and inside the mitochondria, is produced via ATP production and IR light increasing EZ. Converting glucose vs DHA to ATP will yield less water. More IR produces more EZ. Exercise produces more ATP = more H2O. I don't worry about the minutia. I get as much IR as I can via multiple sources, I eat a fat based diet, and I run and lift weights. Life is simple, humans complicate it.

YuriyDorogoy, Alex97232 and drezy like this.
  20. drezy

drezy New Member

Nice!

Throw in cold tubs and that's pretty much my life script forever.

Alex97232 and DrEttinger like this.