1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seafood, sun, and marijuana......what is the link?

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Jack Kruse, May 4, 2019.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

+☀️>+

Marijuana has long been used as a medicinal substance and is becoming legal in more and more states. It is most often prescribed for the treatment of chronic pain.
    HOWEVER

Ever wonder why this random plant has such an effect on our brains?

Enter: The Endocannabinoid System.

The Endocannabinoid System is a series of receptors (CB1 and CB2) in the brain and body that maintain hormones and homeostasis.

But here's where it gets interesting: Synaptamide is a cannabinoid that comes from the metabolism of DHA from seafood.

Meaning for 600 MILLION YEARS before marijuana was used medicinally, we were building our brains as a species using the positive feedback loop that consuming DHA from seafood gave us as a result of the E.C. system.

Cannabinoids in humans are not related to the plant version of this chemical.

If you're considering the use of THC for a reduction in inflammation and chronic pain, consider reaching for whole food salmon, shrimp, krill, oysters and sunlight ☀️

DHA helps to repair the melanopsin deficiencies that are caused by living in a nnEMF environment. THC can't do that. Seafood and sunshine can.

[​IMG]

2. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

3. mitsy

mitsy New Member

yes but what about the source seafood comes from these days ? most of seafood is farmed in toxic water

Matt Fowler likes this.
  4. Solidsilverteeth

Solidsilverteeth New Member

That's why it's always best to go for wild caught. Farmed fish are fed soy pellets and growth hormones, wild fish work for their food in their natural environment.

When it comes to oysters as long as they have real seawater pumped into the farm then farmed re fine, as they filter feed what is in the water. They are not force fed pellets.

5. Karl Sapp

Karl Sapp New Member

There is a lot of pollution in this world, so soils are arguably more polluted that the oceans.

6. Solidsilverteeth

I think this is an important point.

In our day and age everything is polluted everything is toxic. Even the best ever organic

7. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yep! And toxic seafood is still better than anything else! If it's all toxic, atleast seafood is still the most nutrient dense and best source of DHA.

Focus on circadian rhythm to help optimize detox, and ironically, DHA helps with that by keeping the eye clock functioning.

8. drezy

drezy New Member

Thank you for elevating this back up out of the banal health food store quality banter you'd hear coming out of the mouth of two people sipping their organic razzle-berry flavored kombucha beverages while making sure everyone could see that the bags they are holding are made of 100% hemp fiber and getting ready to out try to impress each other by discussing what cleanse they just started.

The blogs and the information Doc puts out is a game on such a way higher level.

9. Solidsilverteeth

Also to not consume too much of anything.

One Mel a day is brilliant to give the body a chance to cleanse and heal

PalmBeach1 and Dean6789 like this.
  10. kris90

kris90 New Member

One of the highlights for me on why food doesn't matter was from Vermont 2018 when Jack ripped apart Zach Busch who mentioned something about how glyphosate could cause gut cells to become cancerous within hours...

The circadian mechanism controls turnover rate of enterocytes every 24-48 hours, and that's why the Hadza could eat the garbage they did in Jeff Leech's study and their gut microbiome did not change. Different tissues have different turnover rates all controlled by the circadian rhythm, and gut cells have a high turnover rate because of their potential to accumulate too much deuterium.

11. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

Elizabeth G likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@DrEttinger
    Speaking of seafood.
    I have a question,
    how vise is it to eat seafood by somebody (like me)
    when I did test my fatty acids and found that I do have
    high DHA?

This happens rather often with many peoples, but mostly I care mostly about my own case.
    Blood was drawn on the beginning of May 2019.
    upload_2019-5-28_15-51-6.png

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    DrEttinger likes this.
  13. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Great discussion, a lot to ponder.

You said: "High DHA containing foods like oysters and salmon". Oysters have lots of good nutrients but not much DHA compared to fatty fish like salmon. It's not why I eat oysters.

DrEttinger likes this.
  14. DrEttinger

Looks good to me. As long as your omega 6 to omega 3 does not drop below 4:1 then you're golden. From my research 4:1 is about as low as we want to go. I'm sure someone will say we can go lower, but more say 4:1.

Dean6789 likes this.
  15. DrEttinger

Thank you very much.

Correct! Oyster isn't the highest, but it's like a multi-mineral/multi-vitamin in a shell. For my EPA/DHA I eat canned mackerel, canned sardines, fresh and canned salmon. I doub't there's seafood I don't like or wouldn't eat - it's all good.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

For years here I am not able to get clear details on this subject.
    Hopefully you will bear with me.

---------------------
    Does it not bother you to know that my
    DHA is at the top laboratory range
    and
    AA is (practically) at the low laboratory range
    specially
    when you know that excess of omega3 is suppressive to omega6

upload_2019-5-29_7-19-12.png

My results happens (coincident) to be in the middle of laboratory range averages
    4.8/0.4=12

laboratory ranges averages and their ratio are:

=AVERAGE(3.0, 5.4)=4.2
    =AVERAGE(0.2, 0.5)=0.35
    =AVERAGE(3.0, 5.4)/AVERAGE(0.2, 0.5)=12

And where from have you got the (often seen quoted):
    omega 6 to omega 3 does not drop below 4:1 then you're golden
    because someone who would get ideal fatty acids on the tests at LabCorp will newer get even close to 4:1 on his/her fatty acids analysis
    ------------------

I was able to track 4:1 ratio
    but it was for helathy consuming of LA/ALA
    upload_2019-5-29_7-41-23.png

/////
    https://bodybio.com/blog/4-to-1-fatty-acid-ratio-and-the-brain/?known=true

upload_2019-5-29_7-48-21.png

upload_2019-5-29_7-49-41.png

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  17. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

JanSz, laboratory ranges imply boundaries of health but they aren't based on healthy individuals. They're 95 percentile or something similar (depending on the lab) of a highly dysfunctional population. It's why it's important to research what might be an optimal range.

Alex97232 likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That is not the point.
    Point is that sick people are getting high DHA.
    Then
    why are they advised to eat more DHA?

19. kris90

kris90 New Member

Labs are simply guidelines. Remember @JanSz in a blood test, you are not measuring how much DHA is IN your cell membranes... Just as with hormone tests, you are not measuring how much hormone is within the receptor activating it.

You are only measuring what's floating around in the blood waiting to be delivered to its target.

20. kris90

kris90 New Member

High blood DHA to me means less is getting into the cell membranes.

Alex97232 likes this.