1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seafood Query

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by K123, Feb 2, 2014.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

@Allin to me that's sustainable fishing, I'm just not telling you what I can sustain during that kind of fishing session.

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  2. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

Tuna is okay. It’s very high in selenium, this cancels out any high levels of mercury. Not sure but I think Tuna has the highest amount of selenium of all fish

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    EStein likes this.
  3. EStein

EStein New Member

just find young tuna fillets. Young tuna under the age of 9 months have very little to no mercury. The garbage you buy in the stores like Bumble Bee brand come from very old tuna weighing over 350 lbs. With age comes mercury. I've only found one brand of can tuna that certifies their product comes from only young tuna.

Most people aren't aware if you eat the meat near the tail of a fish it has less mercury.

Jan Christer likes this.
  4. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

I heard Jack say somewhere that 99 per cent of the contaminants in fish are in the guts

5. drezy

drezy Gold

Somehow this thread keeps reminding me that it's time to make some house shrimp boudin sausage with "riced" cauliflower instead of rice.

Phosphene, Meli and Sajid Mahmood like this.
  6. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

DHA helps increase [​IMG]uncoupling protein 1[​IMG] in both beige + brown fat cells. Just make sure you get your DHA from [​IMG]seafood[​IMG] as it's way more bioavailable than [​IMG]fish oil[​IMG]
    TL;DR: Seafood makes your mitochondria more efficient + helps you burn more fat.
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/12/151217081435.htm

8. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I've been poking around the forum again, after a long absence.

Enjoyed a beautiful chunk of fresh (not frozen) farmed salmon tonight, because that's what was available at my store. I looked for the one with the latest expiration date, and went with it. And it was wonderful.

I haven't been getting my seafood lately, due to histamine intolerance ~ and EVERY online list says to avoid canned fish. So I have to make a little more effort to buy fresh. This piece was so great, I may go there every single day for one. It also felt good to eat it with Jack's writings fresh in my mind, knowing that I was nourishing my body with something it has been sorely lacking.

Thank you. :)

(EDIT for clarification: I have zero problem chowing down canned seafood all day, every day, plain -- but it makes my stomach HURT. Like it is "trying to eat itself" is the only way I can describe it. I only recently made the histamine connection. So I'm not just blindly following internet articles on that one.)

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  9. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

Is it okay to add ghee or coconut oil to your fish? I'm not quite sure but I've read somewhere on this forum that adding fats to seafood reduces the DHA you absorb

Brent Patrick and Jan Christer like this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Oily fish seem to delay menopause, refined rice, and pasta advance menopause. DHA is found to be highest in the central retinal pathways connecting the sun to retina and retina to hypothalamus and pituitary where all hormones are made. So when some idiot tells you not to eat fish they just told you-you should ignore their advice. More proof that the Vermont 2017 youtube video is real. http://jech.bmj.com/content/early/2018/04/10/jech-2017-209887

Phosphene and Mayuri like this.
  11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

No one is telling me not to eat fish. It's that the histamine content is higher in canned fish. And it makes my stomach HURT (like, I wondered if I had an ulcer sometimes) ~ whereas fresh fish does not ~ so it makes sense to me.

Just connecting the dots on a histamine intolerance. Only wish I had figured this one out a long time ago. And yes, I've been reading your posts here re: histamine intolerance, leaky gut, etc. Thanks!

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

google my name and histamine

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you only react to it because of the nnEMF you've allowed willingly or unknown.

Phosphene and Brent Patrick like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There is a benefit to living in a nnEMF shit hole for a mitochondriac. Because as we traverse from normal to abby normal, if we are awake, we'll know where the pieces fit because we'll have watched them tumble down when blue light and nnEMF exact their toll.
    No fault, none to blame, it doesn't mean we don't desire to
    Point the finger, blame the other, while watching the technology temple topple over, This helps us understand how to bring the pieces back together, and rediscover communication to gain a reversal. There is a purpose to the dissonance of nnEMF/blue light. Learning what not to do...........

I believe my vision of the future is a self-fulfilling prophecy. When you change your view of the future, and you direct your future and those in your network. I learned this long ago, and it caused me to walk out of a big meeting this with "paradigm" surgeons in NOLA. I could say a lot more about this affair.......but I won't. It is not worth it. The way we’ve always done it before in neurosurgery IS THE biggest hurdle we face going forward successfully into the future for us and for our patients. Same thing with you and seafood and histamine. Your redox sucks. That is why it happens It is a larger deal for neurosurgery patients. Why is that idea so threatening to people? Here is the take home of what I was scheduled to say to these groups of "experts" before I walked out of the meeting: In a hospital or in academic neurosurgery it used to be that the BIG ate the small; things have changed now. I am building a community where the fast adapters, called mitochondriacs, eat the slow. The paradigm is dying. Like the T-Rex 65 million years ago, they do not see it coming. I do. Quantum biology of the mitochondria is the new fast species in medicine. I am a disruptor, a nonconformist. It is what medicine and neurosurgery must become. Fast adaptors are the new big. I'm gonna bring change to them from the outside. That is what the asteroid did to the T-Re, and they never saw it coming.

[​IMG]

Why should you listen to radical ideas when you're stumped? It might the key to unlocking understanding. This snippet above was in an NYT editorial and I agree 100% with it, especially for medicine and science. This is why Thomas Kuhn says paradigm change always comes from outside that set of beliefs the majority hold to be true. Your perspective has to be different to see things differently than the lemmings who don't see the real cause of what is behind problems or what might be coming in a blue-lit, nnEMF, 5G world. Mitochondriacs are inner radicals when it comes to wellness. We look at things other people refuse to consider to get results few think is possible. Reject BS. Dig deeper. We all know the pieces fit. Nature is what humans resonate with and technology is human dissonance.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Belonging means being yourself
    Human beings are social. We survive and thrive when we come together. We naturally seek belonging. We want to be part of something that represents what we value. Whether it be the neighborhood in which we choose to live, the friends with whom we associate, or the social environments in which we choose to spend our time, we are drawn to the places and to the people that allow us to feel the greatest sense of belonging. When we feel like we don’t belong, it prevents us from being our natural best. We either withdraw into solitude or depression or we struggle to find the connection we crave.

Fitting in feels fake
    Fitting in is very different. Fitting in means changing parts of who we are so that we are perceived as acceptable, lovable, or popular within a group or tribe. Mitochondriacs abhor groupthink. As you can imagine, this is easy to detect in a school setting. In my experience, it was high school. We had very distinct groups of kids, as most schools do. The jocks, the stoners, the rich kids, the tree-huggers … the list goes on.

Instead of expending energy to fit into the group, it’s better to expend energy to find the group in which we fit.

Fitting in lacks authenticity. Belonging oozes authenticity because you have skin in the game. Fitting in feels fake because you are living a life by someone else's narrative. Belonging feels natural in nature. Fitting in takes so much energy. Belonging gives us energy. Fitting in creates fickle relationships. Belonging breeds trust and love.

Mitochondriacs feel well only when they are unleashed in nature doing what she wants us to do. Humans must be biased toward her ways and not their own

Billybats, Phosphene, JanSz and 7 others like this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. Love that!!!!

Mayuri likes this.
  19. caroline

caroline Moderator

me too ^^^^^^^^ puts so much into perspective........

Mayuri likes this.
  20. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Will do, Jack. Thanks for all of the posts! :)