1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seafood Query

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by K123, Feb 2, 2014.

1. EStein

EStein New Member

vast majority of seafood is contaminated with prescription drugs, illegal drugs like meth, plastic, and alot more....... So you're saying fish is safe to consume ????

Drugs found in Puget Sound salmon

Puget Sound salmon are on drugs — Prozac, Advil, Benadryl, Lipitor,meth, & even cocaine.

Those drugs and dozens of others are showing up in the tissues of juvenile chinook, researchers have found

How Plastic In The Ocean Is Contaminating Your Seafood
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...ic-in-the-ocean-is-contaminating-your-seafood

2. Joseph Thia

Joseph Thia Aspiring Mitochondriac

Just being curious, @EStein , what do you eat?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yes seafood is perfectly safe.

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Most reading this and what was posted in the QT series about seafood would be wise to be careful with EStein's opinions on this site. I have been watching what he has been posting and I think he has no idea what he is missing. For members and patrons, you know what he is missing because of what I have posted.
    Seafood is how we can mimic parabiosis studies for mitochondrial regeneration.
    Interventions that use the same mechanism as parabiosis, or how to replicate the anti-aging effects of parabiosis and young blood transfusion. Seafood has a favorable effect on CREB activation and this helps us release BDNF even when sunlight is poor. EStein is clueless about these links and this is why he is on borrowed time here if he continues to post nonsense. It is well supported in the literature that DHA as the KEY Omega-3 fatty acid does some amazing things: Bazan effects and CREB activation being just two. DHA from seafood confers the real quantum benefits of fish oil because they can raise BDNF levels (Journal of Neurotrauma), and depriving animals of them lowers levels of BDNF (Molecular Psychiatry). DHA has well-known effects on synaptic plasticity and cognition, and raising BDNF is one of the means by which they do so.

You have been officially warned EStein. If you continue to muddy the water on seafood you won't be allowed here much longer. There is a trail of bodies removed from this forum for the same poor thinking. I do not tolerate confusing mitochondriacs in training. THIS is your last warning too. tread lightly or just leave. Your choice.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Alison N and Sajid Mahmood like this.
  6. Billybats

Billybats New Member

The ocean has so much more stuff in it then what Estein listed and he isn't thinking outside the pharma controlling box. Estein if you question how bad the ocean is then why isn't EVERYONE getting sick from eating seafood. Stop and think about what Dr. K wrote. You have not idea how grateful I am that I followed Dr. Kruse's protocols and how it changed my life in less then a year. The biggest change that helped me was adding a way more seafood and Sun. As Dr. Kruse would say..that's all for now ...carry on.. lol

CjHedberg and Phosphene like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Children dig for clams and pray for health at beaches in Okinawa

“The school director, Principal Yumiko Itokazu, commented, ‘We do this Hama-ori event every year so we can teach our children tradition and so they grow up healthy.’”

http://english.ryukyushimpo.jp/2018/05/03/28755/

Hmmm … did the Blue Zones people mention this tradition about why people did well here?

Nope. Ask yourself why they did not. Are they trying to keep you from the truth like EStein?

8. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

Is it okay to eat fresh tuna everyday? I’m quite sure the high levels of selenium in tuna cancels out the mercury

Jan Christer likes this.
  9. Billybats

Billybats New Member

That is soooo cooool. Love that article.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

In my opinion today now in 2018 Saj, yes. Do I do that? No I like to rotate my fish based upon how they are caught in the Gulf.

Phosphene likes this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I just had to cut 5 members on the forum since we opened the new site for the same nonsense. There is NO REPLACEMENT ever for seafood. If you had read or did read the patreon blogs this would not even be controversial. IT is clear some have not (ESTEIN/DORIS/SATORI HEART/ TAYIAG). I have a low tolerance for foundational errors. If you don't value my information by using it, and then trying to misinform those learning you won't be here long. It is that simple.

CjHedberg likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

Saj, I also prefer my fish caught a certain way though my preference may be a bit less scientific than Docs

barros.png

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Phosphene and drezy like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Science evolves even if your thinking remains stagnant. We must expand our grip on science…………or risk falling from the cliff. I tell this to my patients and all the alternative functional medicine doctors who keep telling their patient's sun/seafood is bad. It is really bad advice based on outdated thinking. One of the hardest things you'll ever have to do...is to grieve the loss of a person who is still alive (former members and critics who got tired of going DEEP). https://jefftbowles.com/vitamin-d3-deficiency-causes-most-human-diseases/

15. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Thank you.. Their BIG loss.

16. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

I buy these oysters:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EEWZBY/

And here's more info:

http://www.crownprince.com/health-questions.htm

"Are your oysters wild caught?
    No, our oysters are considered farm raised since we seed the ropes, however they feed on plankton which is a normal diet and are harvested in the ocean. Since they grow naturally in the ocean they are not fed any antibiotics or growth hormones."

Sajid Mahmood and Phosphene like this.
  17. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

18. Maggie P

Maggie P New Member

Thanks for pointing out that science is always evolving, and we shouldn't get stuck. I left conventional medicine care in 1990, and it's been a long journey to really understand what health is, but you are right that holistic doctors get stuck in their paradigm just like conventional ones. I fell prey to that, and I don't want to, yet I did. We all have a tendency to love dogma, maybe because it provides certainty in an uncertain world. Your book and this forum have really opened my eyes, and I look forward to the many benefits I can reap from applying what you share here. I'm going to step back and rethink everything I've come to believe. Don't hesitate to poke me if I backslide. :) I'm very grateful you invest so much time in spreading this information.

Phosphene likes this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sajid Mahmood, Allin and drezy like this.
  20. Allin

Allin New Member

tasty

Sajid Mahmood and drezy like this.