1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seafood for beginners

Discussion in 'Epi-Paleo Recipes' started by shannoncorrin, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Mercury is over hyped in the natural health community, the natural antidote is selenium which is high in seafood

"The selenium compound selenide binds mercury by forming mercury selenide, which neutralizes the harmful effect of mercury. However, once that bond is made, selenium is no longer available to react with the selenoproteins that depend on it."

http://healthandscience.eu/index.ph...you-get-enough-us&catid=20&Itemid=374&lang=us

and this,,,

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=186426

"The theory is that mercury exposure confers toxicity because it induces oxidation in the human body, which often results in inflammation," van Wijngaarden said. "These omega 3s are more anti-inflammatory. The idea would be that they would reduce the level of inflammation in the mother, softening any effect that mercury might have on the unborn child."

Seafood is a complete biological package ,fish oil/ algae oil will never come close to what marine foods have to offer.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You have to remain hostile to half-truths to remain well. This is a mitochondriac credo. Mitochondriacs are an 'illness martyr' in disguise. An' illness martyr' does not go against the grain, they create their own grain using the miracle called the truth. When you accept the fact that your true identity includes being an 'illness martyr', you will never settle for less than the natural truth. Don't ever settle for less than you deserve, because once you begin to settle you will always default to it. Marketers and paradigms always will push you to settle and be satisfied with their offerings. This benefits their answers for illness. Know your worth. Know the difference between what you're getting from the paradigm and what you deserve. An 'illness martyr' is someone who feels shame in believing conventional wisdom. Mitochondriacs will not settle for bullshit. They always dig deeper because they have hostility to bullshit. Half-truths and the people who peddle them will emotionally decapitate you in your journey to optimal. Sometimes nature requires the 'mitochonriac' to be overtly hostile to succeed. Often times you'll find being hostile for the truth is exactly the right amount of harsh you need to develop wellness.

3. Alper

Alper New Member

I need to integrate this into my lifestyle. Definitely :D

Mayuri, Mystic Rose60 and drezy like this.

4. Ok Jack I have had an itch in my pants the past four days ,so I went back through the blogs most notable TENSEGRITY 7 & 8 and I believe I may have found the answer to your statement above.

The reason there is no DHA in the inner mitochondrial membrane is because Molybdenum replaces DHA in the inner mitochondrial membrane it allows for Electron tunneling to occur ,tunneling happens only below 14 Angstroms.

Molybdenum was key in our oceans before Oxygen showed up, DHA could not be made without Oxygen. Molybdenum was the foundation element for DHA construction in the marine chain and has not changed in 600 million years to present day.

Molybdenum also functions as a cofactor for four enzymes in our mitochondria.

"To get to DHA in the marine food chains, we needed a bridge loan from molybdenum in our past. This relationship remains cemented in our mitochondria today, that use 4 key enzymes that require molybdenum as a cofactor. In addition, the unique chemistry of molybdenum enabled the development of other enzymes in organisms allowing for the assimilation and reduction of the toxic nitrate ion by electrons. Even today, in all eukaryotic life forms, Molybdenum enzymes are within their mitochondrial membranes. Without them mitochondria would not be able to depolarize correctly. It would be wise to remember that your mitochondria came from a prokaryote during endosymbiosis, at this juncture in the blog. Molybdenum is the key to handling high nitrogen and sulfate biochemistries in the circulatory system. This should make you realize why the recent TENSEGRITY 7 blog is now more important in this evolutionary story as it continues to unfold.
    Eukaryotes need sulfates to make glucose and oxygen transport safe in blood plasma during summer and spring. Conversely, we use nitrogen based transport for the safe transport of glucose and oxygen in autumn and winter. Molybdenum is key in making the biochemistry of glucose and oxygen transport safe in modern eukaryotes, like humans. This links us back to our oceanic evolutionary past. It is a remnant of how we handled sulfur and nitrogen before to innovate solutions in our past. "JK

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I use daily two sources of molybdenum.

NAC have selenium and molybdenum
    Now Foods, NAC, 600 mg, 250 Vcaps N-Acetyl Cysteine
    https://www.amazon.com/NOW-NAC-600-250-Capsules/dp/B0013OUQ3S?th=1
    Jack is taking 1800mg/day NAC (what brand I do not know)

Molybdenum 300 mcgs a day (Only Trace Minerals LEF.org)

6. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

In general, if possible, I think it's most beneficial to get nutrients from natural food sources, where minerals etc. usually are in forms that are absorbed best by the body, and in a proper balance with other nutrients.

So, if you want to use natural sources of Molybdenum, then beans, peas and lentils have the highest contents:

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=128

Cheryl. likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

seafood has plenty

Cheryl., Jim Laird and Dean6789 like this.
  8. Yes ,I try and get everything from food as much as possible only issue I see with getting Molybdenum from beans and lentils they are a C3 plant and full of Deuterium

Peas are also C3 but I love peas so I wont stop eating them.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11906160

Attached Files:

• c4.pdf
      File size:
      440.8 KB
      Views:
    Cheryl., caroline and Jan Christer like this.
  9. Jan have you noticed a difference in your blood panels after starting on molybdenum ?

10. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

Thank you for this info.
    Yes we want to reduce Deuterium as much as possible.
    Is there any significance of C3 vs. C4 or CAM plants in this regard or in the context discussed?

Brent Patrick likes this.
  11. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

Thank you Jack for your reply.

The only references on Molybdenum in seafood I could find were similar to this, which show very low values:

http://cookcal.info/en/foodstuffs/content/357?group=44

Do you have any other reference?

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I would not be able to say.
    I am taking molybdenum accidentally, it is part of other micronutrients that I take because of my testing.
    Mostly it is due to Spectracell micronutrient analysis.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  13. Jan I guess after what we are learning about Deuterium it all comes down to having that awareness of what we are consuming.
    I make an effort to reduce Deuterium foods I dont always get it right and mainly focus on Epi Paleo and advice on the forum.A work in progress :)

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Bacon and salo is big part of my diet, soon coconut oil.

15. Jan Christer

Jan Christer New Member

Yes, I would like to do that too. :)

Do you know of any good reference for Deuterium content in foods that we can use as a guideline?

16. Mystic Rose60

Mystic Rose60 Let the sun shine on you :))

We take NAC here to help protect our brains from aluminum induced cognitive dysfunction from chemtrails, etc., taking the NOW brand as well, due to being non GMO.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19389043

Dean6789 and Brent Patrick like this.
  17. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

I was always a little skeptical about that but it's true, fresh herbs make every dish so much better.

18. Good question ,only through searching Journals and related articles and Jacks blogs ,especially reading earlier blogs when the word deuterium is not mentioned many pieces of the puzzle are formed.

drezy likes this.

19. No coconut oil for me Jan as we are heading in to our winter next couple of months

Cheryl. and Dean6789 like this.
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

In the old days I talked about proton spin and isoforms. It is in blogs if you look

drezy and WalterNL like this.