1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Seafood and the infant brain = SN2

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Jack Kruse, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. MonteD

MonteD New Member

I'm trying to read all that I can on DHA in the last few weeks. I'm reading that LPC-DHA in both SN-1 and SN-2 positions but no free DHA is incorporated in the brain via Mfsd2a in the BBB. It is interesting what different brain tissues incorporate different species of DHA. Rhodopsin, for example, performs much better with DHA in sn-2 than sn-1. It is also notable that sn-1 and sn-3 DHA is shunted toward beta-oxidation...

I do have a question though. How does SN-2 DHA escape hydrolyzation to FFA DHA by pancreatic enzymes? The below picture implies it doesn't...

[​IMG]

drezy and Paleodocteur like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Most studies are not done on diurnal retinas.......

drezy and MonteD like this.
  4. MonteD

MonteD New Member

5. drezy

drezy Gold

Along these lines?
    [​IMG]

Paleodocteur likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am thinking about how I am getting my (DHA)
    and
    what that does to another important (AA)

///
    Still looking for answer to that.

MonteD likes this.