1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Screen time risk

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Jack Kruse, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Staring at a screen doesn’t promote creativity and life experiences fun, it promotes mitochondrial damage, brain shrinkage, retinal changes that lead to obesity and mood changes. In an analysis of teen surveys dating back to 1991, Jean Twenge found a clear trend: every activity that didn't involve a screen was linked to more happiness, and every activity that involved a screen was linked to less happiness. https://ww2.kqed.org/futureofyou/20...plummeted-after-2012-one-possible-reason-why/

2. LieselK

LieselK New Member

@drezy What type of glasses does your son wear at school to block all the blue light? My kids are getting used to me wearing mine all the time and I want to move toward equipping them to protect themselves in this way too!

3. drezy

drezy Gold

I think it's best if you do it young.

Sadly my son has gotten slightly socially conscious and does not want to wear his blueblockers or any glasses(he's 20/20) at all at school.

I'm going to try to meet doc with my son this year. I've had more influence over my son than I expected to have, but there appears to be limits...

If my boy were totally open I'd keep him with cheapies like these since he's 13 yo boy (aka human wrecking ball sometimes). For most social situations I like the Ra Optics I got for myself and will get those for him around 16 yo or so.

Side note: In middle school I had crushing (want to gouge my eyes out) headaches daily until an eye doc decided to try just tinted 20/20 lenses. It was unintentional blue blockers way back in the 80s. Makes me wonder if that doc heard about Ot.

Mayuri, caroline and WalterNL like this.
  4. LieselK

LieselK New Member

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking. My daughter has prescription glasses so I'll probably get her an RA Optics pair, but the younger boy wants glasses and he'll probably think "gaming glasses" are cool. For awhile... I really want to homeschool anyway...

5. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Reducing blue light is an epic biohack. Simple and genius.

Mayuri and LieselK like this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

I agree 100% that that's priority #1.

My boy has been a pretty good long game player right up to this bit of appearance. You're a guy so you and I both know that if 13 year old girls started having crushes on boys that had blue blockers on my son would immediately be slapping his on without question.

Until that time I have to do a better job of laying out the hormonal case for young men. My boy has joined mean epi-paleo and CT really well and lost lots of fat. Being a young man he is apt to overemphasize these gain and gloat. I probably would have done the same at his age...

Mayuri and caroline like this.
  7. drezy

drezy Gold

I showed my son this thread and *POOF* he took his blue blockers into school.

Thanks @LieselK & @WalterNL . Together you made a more effective case than I've been able to make.

LieselK, Billybats, SlamSlask and 2 others like this.
  8. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

Brave man!

9. LieselK

LieselK New Member

Yay @drezy! That's awesome!

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Become fully aware that the human mind is a wonderful servant but usually is a horrible master under the power of blue light and nnEMF.

Every ten % higher tech spending goes obesity NHANES curves go higher. The more screen time you have = the risk of obesity rises. No shocker to any mitochondriac. It might shock those who always blame food for obesity that there is another cause. Dunning Kruger 101. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/48757019/...equals-more-obesity-study-shows/#.WqFOUGaZP_R

Mayuri likes this.
  12. drezy

drezy Gold

^^^ Yikes
    I'm glad my wife and I ruled sleep and nighttime with an iron fist. My boy still recalls the 5 times before he was 10 that he was allowed up past 8pm.

Mayuri likes this.
  13. shah78

shah78 Gold

People are awake after 8 pm? wow! children even. Wow! :)

:

Mayuri and drezy like this.
  14. shiran

shiran Curious

Especially children you mean
    It is terrible