1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Science Daily info source

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Martin, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Martin

Martin Gold

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140801091114.htm

There always seems to be many articles relating to Optimal principles on this website.

I used to get a magazine, Science News, (actual paper - remember?!) from a person at Georgia Tech and devoured the latest news. That's where I first saw the Chixaloub crater info which answered a question I've had since a young boy - what killed off the dinosaurs?

Another article reported on wooden cutting boards being more sanitary that the new-fangled plastic ones that grew bacteria at a faster rate. The tannins in the wood is a natural inhibitor. This started me taking a critical view of "new" things sometimes being crappier than the old.

NSH

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yes, I've seen that magazine before. I'd read anything dealing with science, as a kid. Well, except maybe for physics, who likes all those boxes going up and down ramps anyway? ;-)

3. caroline

caroline New Member

Early on in the restaurant business ...we were never, ever allowed to use a wooden chopping board.
    now you are only allowed to use a wooden chopping board!

4. WHAT? Did you just dis physics? Really? After all of this? Or, you just didn't understand blocks and ramps? :p

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, and I thought I had deleted that post. Silly me...