1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sarcoidose and Vitamin D3

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Jasmin, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Hi:)

I was just told by my doc that I might have Sarcoidose in my eyes and that it might be because of a too high intake of Vitamin D3!
    What are your thoughts on that??? I take 5000iu D3 and 10mg K2 each day because I have oteoporosis - I am only 38 years old. The D3 and K2 is not orderd by my doc but something I have started on my own after reading the osteoporosis blogs by JC.

Not sure what to do:confused:

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Do you have difficulty reading in low light?

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Is the vitamin d3 in oil?
    Dr. Kruse said when he is taking high doses of vitamin D3, he will periodically test his vision in low light. Evidently vitamin d toxicity will impair night vision.

I take 15,000 IU of D3 daily. If the doctor thinks you are taking too much, he should be able to run a quick blood test to check your levels.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

D3 does not cause sarcoidosis.........

5. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Thank you Jack - I was hoping that you would write that :) THANK YOU
    I think that I have to look deep into what kind of food that affect AI-disease.

6. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Thak you nonchalant for your answer :)
    I have no problems reading in low light and I feel that I have a good night vision.
    I will ask him to run a D3 test if he keep saying that D3 is to blame - I am really relieved that I can keep taking my D3:)

I used to take 10.000iu D3 and 15mg K2 but my metabolism was too low and I was told to cut back on the D3 because it could affect the metabolism and the absorption of Erfa Thyroid - dont know if it is the cause :confused:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  7. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Are you taking any magnesium? Apparently it's needed to convert vitamin D into it's active form so there are concerns that if you take a lot of vitamin D you'll eventually deplete your magnesium levels. If you want to test for magnesium then you need to get an RBC (Red Blood Cell) and aim for 6.5 mg/dL. Alternatively get a hair mineral test. I live in the UK and got a hair test through http://www.mineralcheck.com/products/mineral+test

Some info about vitamin D and magnesium:-

http://drcarolyndean.com/2012/12/overdosing-vitamin-d3/
    http://drcarolyndean.com/2013/03/the-vitamin-d-debate/
    http://drcarolyndean.com/2013/03/too-much-vitamin-d/

8. RGP

RGP New Member

Jasmin: if you live in the US, you can get a magnesium RBC test for $49 from requestatest.com.

9. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

Honeychild
    I take 3 tablets of 1250mg magnesium malate before bedtime, but perhaps I should take more....
    My level of RBC has not been tested yet, but I have a appointment with a rheumatologist in december and I will ask him to test my RBC level. I havent got much money so the price is important - I know that the hair mineral test that I can get here in denmark is out of my reach at this time :(

I will look at the info about vit D and magnesium you posted - thank you :)

10. Jasmin

Jasmin New Member

RGP I live in Denmark :)
    I think that I have to wait to get testet until my appointment with a rheumatologist in december - I cant afford testing on my own at this time :(