1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sandra's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sandra, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Sandra

Sandra New Member

Thanks Yew!

... not sure what you mean by this??

2. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Ha! That's my attempted use of Plover to blame :confused: (http://openstenoproject.org/)

Steno is a phonetic typing system, so the word "Holiday" is typed in 3 key-combination presses instead of 7 characters. I missed a syllable :p

Sandra likes this.
  3. Sandra

Sandra New Member

got it ;)

4. Sandra

Sandra New Member

Confused ... I had an intolerance/allergy test done with a hair sample. Some people totally disagree with this testing and others seem to see merit in it, and even have the results line up with 'standard' medical tests.

So, I thought I'd give it a go and see it I found any more answers. I already had a couple of suspicions concerning dairy, eggs, red wine and chocolate. I was pretty sure about gluten.

I ran a little experiment on myself over the past few weeks after meeting Yew. I kept a food diary and waited for the results to arrive. During this time I avoided eggs, diary, chocolate and gluten. I was amazed with how I felt - lots more energy and not tired, as well as having far less abdominal bloating, and even some weight loss (about 3-4 kgs out of 69kgs)

I received the results today. I must admit I didn't really do a lot of research into what food types would be tested but just went on the naturopath's advice that perhaps it would be worth getting done.

These are the items that came as having 'tested reactive for your immune system and must be avoided' ...

- celery
    - olives
    - shallots
    - avocado :(
    - cucumber
    - onion
    - tomato
    - cashews

- lavish bread (no surprise there - gluten)
    - white bread (no surprise there - gluten)
    - wholemeal bread (no surprise there - gluten)

- Jatz biscuits (no surprise there - gluten)
    - milk arrowroot biscuits (no surprise there - gluten)
    - são biscuits (no surprise there - gluten)
    - select chocolate creams (no surprise there - gluten)
    - vita wheat original (no surprise there - gluten)

- pasta durham wheat (no surprise there - gluten) ... but not couscous - I thought that was made out of the same stuff and contained gluten?
    - white flour (no surprise there - gluten)
    - wholemeal flour (no surprise there - gluten)

- chocolate (darrell lea brand)
    - chocolate (lindt brand) :(
    - chocolate (nestle brand)
    - chocolate (cadbury brand)
    - chocolate (dove brand) ..... assuming these commercial chocolates contain a soy product as carob and cocoa were fine
    - Licorice (no surprise there - gluten)

- quite a few corn, oat, bran and wheat cereals - no major problem for me as I avoid these anyway ... but rice bran, rice bubbles, oat bran and polenta were OK

- brown sugar
    - white sugar
    - raw sugar

- beer (no loss)
    - red wine (what!!!!!!!) :(

- apricots
    - bananas
    - kiwifruit
    - pawpaw

- cola
    - drinking chocolate (cadbury)
    - fanta
    - ginger ale
    - milo (contains gluten)
    - ovaltine (contains gluten)

- garlic
    - gelatine

- shellfish (what!!!!!!) :(

- ayam oyster sauce
    - soy sauce
    - tomato sauce
    - tomato paste
    - worcester sauce

- butter
    - cows cheese
    - cows yoghurt
    - cream
    - eggs
    - icecream
    - full cream milk (but A2 is OK)
    - skim milk
    - soy milk

- tofu
    - tempey

- pork (no!!!! - I love bacon and crackling!!) - funnily enough, by avoiding eggs recently, I also avoided bacon ... and felt great

- dove deodorant
    - mum deodorant

- polyester (funny - I've always hated wearing this)

- cigarette smoke (I've always hated this too - tried smoking once when I was 17 and vomited horribly ... never did it again and now can't stand the smell)

I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had this DNA Hair Allergy testing done, were the results in line with other tests you had done, did you feel better after avoiding the foods they suggested to avoid.

I'm also interested in what the connections are between the various foods, especially the fruit and vegetables. I thought eggplant might be off the list being a nightshade, as tomato is, but eggplant seemed to be fine.

I'm also wondering if this is a 'forever' thing, or if one day I'll be able to eat these foods again. I simply love shellfish and avocado ....

Thanks for any advice in advance.
    Sandra :)

5. Sandra

Sandra New Member

How time flies in the blink of an eye ... nearly three years later and I'm still popping in from time to time to read up on things but rarely commenting. Loving all the inquisitive minds and advice here. Thank you everyone :)

caroline likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome back

Sandra likes this.
  7. Sandra

Sandra New Member

It is good to be back :) I have so much to learn and understand and it is great to be able to soak it all in here. I know I feel so much better being outside in the sun, being 'unplugged' especially while camping on the beach with no wifi and cell coverage, and by eating clean and basic food.

And the good news is my breast MRI was all clear and I feel and see no effects from the contrast gadolinium.

I am excited to be going on a 3 day comedy cruise to laugh with friends, chill out by the pool and eat seafood.

I feel good when life is good :)

caroline likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Sandra! lovely to see your smiling face! Have you listened to Jack's two Vermont talks? Jack and Jeremy on youtube? and Jack from Mexico on New Year's eve?

Great stuff - have a listen when you have time.

9. Sandra

Sandra New Member

Hi Audrey, not yet on any of the above, but hopefully soon. Hope you are going well :)