1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Sandra's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sandra, Jan 15, 2014.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Should I start knitting booties????

2. Sandra

Sandra New Member

one answer ... PCR test showed a parasite (dientamoeba). antibiotics starting today ....

3. Sandra

Sandra New Member

um, NOOOOOOOO!!! Geez, I hope not anyway!

But if you can knit, how about a scarf ;)

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Sandra, when I get a headache, I've learned to guzzle the water. Works like magic!

5. Sandra

Sandra New Member

How much water is too much though I wonder? I regularly drink 4-5 litres a day, a slow day is 3 litres, and some days are up to 7 litres.

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I was
    Not sure that there is an upper limit. I was drinking 8 liters/day in the summer, but I have slacked off quite a bit for Winter. I've been drinking various types, so it is harder to keep track. <-- yeah, flimsy excuse I know. :)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

a scarf???? did you forget where you live???

Have you thought of taking advantage of Dr. Jackson's special offer?

Hi!

8. Sandra

Sandra New Member

:D:p:D:p maybe you could make it out of cotton thread :) but I do like to visit Europe and the US ...

Yes, thought, but prob not yet ... One answer today ... parasites - euchhhhhh :eek::eek: about to start antibiotics (double euchhhhhh)

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

taking antibiotics suck ..... anyway around that? there are things you should do but I can't remember....maybe ask Nick? or ..."ask Jack"

10. Sandra

Sandra New Member

I have been doing the Leptin Reset for 3 weeks now. I am still forcing down the BABs but I have no more cravings for anything and I am not looking for snacks in between meals. Sometimes I eat two meals a day, and sometimes still 3, but they are smaller if there's 3 a day. My nails are looking really good and strong, and I am sleeping really well (using orange glasses religiously each night). The only think I haven't noticed is weight loss, but I guess that's no biggie for me - just a nice to have! I am going to start daily face dunks next week (have only done a couple so far) and incorporate some sprints too. I think I'm ready to finish the Leptin Reset ... onto the next stage ... thanks for your support and wealth of information :)

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hey Sandra! sounds like you are doing great! you should notice body comp changing even if weight doesn't for now.

12. Sandra

Sandra New Member

It's been a while since i've been here but have been continuing on.

Still eating epi-paleo and stayed on the lepton reset for 4 weeks. No weight loss and no real physical change but I'm ok with that - 5kgs would have been nice though :)

Had some hormon blood test and they were all fine, in limits, with nothing the GP is concerned with.

Shoulder is still sore for no apparent reason so went off for another round of xrays ultrasounds and even a neck MRI. Nothing showed up except inflation in one of my shoulder bursas. They suggested a cortisone injection ... It's been sore for three years - so I went for it. Was great for a week or so then back to usual soreness again! Then Nick told me about the shoulder thread on here - whoa!!! That's me :( so the next step ... Bone broth and CT - I want to fix this up and want to try anything that might work. The broth tastes awesome and is so filling. CT I'm working up to ... we have a swimming pool and it's 24 deg C at the moment. I know it's no 10 degrees but it's under body temp so I'm working with that at the moment. Have been I'm for 3 days straight for 1/2 hour each time. I shivered and shook the whole first time - was very weird, but never felt cold. 2nd time less shaking, and third time I swam around instead of reading and didn't shake at all. There was a temperature drop last night so hopefully it's getting colder. I'll keep on with the 10deg face dunks too and see what I notice over the next week. No change with my shoulder yet but having great sleeps and dreams the past three nights ... do things happen that quickly??

There's a quick recap and hopefully I'll be around more now - have a lot of reading to catch up on.

:)

nicld, caroline and SeaHorse like this.
  13. Sandra

Sandra New Member

Oh, and we made a big batch of sauerkraut that I've been munching my way through since the antibiotics. It tastes soooo good! And was very easy to make :)

nicld and caroline like this.
  14. caroline

caroline Moderator

15. Sandra

Sandra New Member

Hellooooo :)

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hellllooooo!

How did you make the cabbage?

17. Sandra

Sandra New Member

It was pretty easy actually ... just cabbage and salt, and lots of strong hands :)

18. Sandra

Sandra New Member

There are a few recipes floating around out there, but basically you slice the cabbage really thinly. For each kg of cabbage, sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of salt - best to do this in lots of 500g we found. I think we scrunched about 5kgs of cabbage in one sitting and filled about 8 1L Mason jars. I was lucky to have 2 sets of big man hands helping me too :) :)

Once you have sprinkled the salt on the cabbage, scrunch it with your hands. Really squeeze and squish it. After about 5-10 minutes, you'll notice the juice coming out of it. Once your cabbage has gone really soggy and you have lots of juice, time to jar it.

Sterilise your jars earlier, then (once the jars are cool) fill them with the sauerkraut. Leave about 2cm from the top of the jar and then fill with the juice. Don't seal it yet.
    Then you need to ferment it for 3-10 days. I did 3 days as it was reasonably warm. Optimum temp is 20-24 deg C (or about 65-75 F). Push it down every few hours or use a weight to press it down. You'll see bubbles start to form - this is good. Sometimes there might be scum on top, so scoop this off (I didn't get scum, but I don't think it's a bad thing if you do). You can taste as you go too.

Once it's done, seal it up. If you live in a cold area you could store it on the shelf, but I didn't want to risk it, so put it in the fridge.

It's nice and crispy and great with grass fed sausages and mustard :)

I don't think this is the exact recipe I used, but looks familiar ...

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-mak...on-jar-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-193124

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

Where do you get grass fed sausage?

20. Sandra

Sandra New Member

At the local butcher - he's pretty good. There seems to be more and more places close by that sell grass fed beef, which is great. Made a second batch of bone broth today ... it's pretty good too :)