1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Saltwater Pool

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by BJK77, Mar 18, 2013.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Does anyone have experience with a saltwater pool? We currently have a "shared" aboveground pool with my sister's family next door. I'm considering trying to get them to allow me to pay to convert it to saltwater. They do most of the maintenance on the pool since it's in their backyard, but we do split all costs with them.

I've been doing some research and talked to a few reps at pool supply stores and I get the feeling they're trying to talk me out of it. Most admit there may be a bit less maintenance, but all say we're still generating chlorine so the chemical effect is no different.

I stumbled across this other option as well: http://www.ecosmartepool.com/pool-spa-faq.html Has anyone ever heard of the EcoSmarte pools?

I did swim quite a bit last year in the chlorinated pool and always felt better when swimming, but my gut told me that it wasn't good and of course Jack has confirmed that quite a few times. I hate the thought of my kids swimming in that every day this summer too.

2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

3. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

I've been looking into the ecosmarte system as well. I refuse to go back to using chlorine in my pool. If I have no other choice, I won't open it this year.

4. NittDan

NittDan New Member

Ditto to what Cindy says. No dry skin either. Have been swimming in mine for 7 years.

5. Jude

Jude Gold

Thanks for that info. I guess all salt pools operate on that principle? Never thought to check all those details out-just presumed it was salty with no chlorine--never smelt any in 32 yrs....

6. Ariel8100

Ariel8100 New Member

Owning a swimming pool is an investment in both time and money, but is also a fun activity for every member of your family. Converting a pool requires you to replace the original chlorinator with a salt-based chlorinator that converts table salt into natural chlorine.
    I agreed what is said above!!!