1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

salt lamps and orange-pink light

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by Summer Day, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Summer Day

Summer Day New Member

I have considered buying a Himalayan salt lamp for lighting after sundown, due to the air purifying effects and positive ions (or was that negative? I'm new to this). However, the lamps look orangey-pink, and John Ott mentions more than once that pink light had disastrous results in health and mood. He also mentions the schoolrooms which turned out a high percentage of leukemia in the children, which had orange-pink (warm-white) fluorescent lights and curtains pulled to block the sunlight coming in the window. Would not the salt lamps have a similar color and thus a similar effect? Since the pink wavelength is between the orange and the red wavelengths, it doesn't make sense to me that amber light bulbs and red light bulbs are recommended, but pink causes problems. Why is this?

Hilde likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

no thanks

3. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Hi @Jack Kruse

I was wondering/ questioning the same as @Summer Day.
    So that's why I am asking you what is your "no thanks" a reply to?

4. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

5. Brent Patrick

Brent Patrick Silver

"Thirty pairs of test mice were kept in a room lighted only by daylight white fluorescent
    tubes. Thirty pairs of test mice were kept in another room lighted only with pink
    fluorescent tubes, and, as a control, eight pairs were kept in a room where they received
    daylight filtered through ordinary window glass.
    The control mice in the daylight cages developed cancer some two months later than the
    test mice which were kept in the room with the daylight white fluorescent tubes, and
    three months later than those under the pink fluorescent lights. The different lighting
    conditions also notice ably affected the litters born during the experiment. The litters of
    mice under pink fluorescent light consisted of only one or two offspring instead of the
    normal six to fifteen under the daylight white fluorescent, or under outside light coming
    in through the ordinary window glass"

''In a group of 536 mice born under the air curtain, ultraviolet transmitting plastic or quartz
    glass, all except 15 survived to maturity. This represented a survival ratio of 97 per cent.
    Under various types of fluorescent light 88 per cent of 679 mice survived to maturity.
    Approximately 94 per cent survived to maturity under cool white, warm white and
    daylight white lamps, but the percentage of survival noticeably declined under the
    different, deeper-colored lights. The lowest survival rate of 61 per cent occurred in the
    mice exposed to pink fluorescent light"

''On another trip to Florida I gave a lecture to an advertising club, and after I had finished
    my talk, Mr. Richard L. Marsh, manager of radio station WILZ near St. Petersburg, told
    me of a similar situation. He said that some of the staff at the radio station had taken it
    upon themselves to try to brighten up their surroundings in both the studios and the
    control rooms by replacing the regular white fluorescent tubes with those of a deep pink
    color. About two months later, they began to have personnel problems. For example,
    announcers began performing poorly on the air. Everyone became irritable and
    consistently at odds with management decisions and generally difficult to control. Two
    resignations were received from employees without any known reason for their wishing
    to leave other than general dissatisfaction with themselves and the staff''

Health and Light 1973
    John N. Ott
    The Effects of Natural and Artificial Light on Man and Other Living Things.

kim johnson likes this.
  6. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

The lamp attached in the blog post above actually has an incandescent bulb inside and the surrounding is Pakistani salt. Is this still considered pink light? I’d think not considering it’s not a fluorescent bulb and only emits the color pink because of the surrounding salt. Thoughts, @Brent Patrick ?

7. Brent Patrick

Brent Patrick Silver

Anything considered pink not just from a biological point of view but rather from the perspective of the psyche is also very dangerous...I think this is also the point Jack is conveying

Inger likes this.
  8. Inger

Inger Silver

I have a saltlamp too I use at times, but mine is orange-red color, not pink. The same color sun has as it sets. Maybe you could get another type of colored salt lamp? Their colors can vary quite a bit :)

9. Cuffy

Cuffy Gold

I orderd my Himalayan salt lamp online and was disappointed that it's a pale pink, not orange. So I put a red bulb in it and solved the problem.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

m
    mine is orange/red too

11. Joce_

Joce_ New Member

What's the verdict with the salt lamps? I did read that several members have it but seems like its a no from Jack? I guess if you have nnEMF , would it be recommended to have it?

12. Inger

Inger Silver

it has lots of magnetic/electric radiation. True.
    Do not keep it close to your body. Only far away.
    They are way better than an energy saving lamp though, but of course candles are better :)