1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Salmon "Sushi"

Discussion in 'Summer Paleo Recipes' started by peterwawzonek@gmail.com, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Peter’s Epi-Paleo Sushi

3 whole cans wild Pacific salmon (I buy Clover Leaf Pink Salmon since it’s pretty cheap)
    Tiny bit of large onion (~1/8th), finely diced
    Teaspoon of garlic purée (or 2 cloves finely diced)
    Organic Yellow Mustard*
    Organic, Cold-Pressed, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil*
    ½ bunch Organic Kale, diced
    1 medium head of Organic Broccoli, diced

*I recommend adding a bit of each, mixing and sampling until you get the level of flavour you prefer. Personally, I add a lot of each; roughly, 5oz mustard, 3-4oz olive oil.
    I also recommend preparing the salad with as many ingredients refrigerated as possible.

Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl with a spoon or even a potato masher. Mix very thoroughly – that way the skin, bones & water in the salmon completely mix together & breakdown – you won’t notice them at all! The bones collapse and break down very easily (the skin and water are filled with omega-3’s, and the bones have a tonne of calcium & other skeletal-strengthening nutrients).
    Then dice up the kale and broccoli. For the broccoli, I cut the stem into very thin discs, and then cut up the stems so there are no large pieces. Mix everything together thoroughly. All done!
    At this point, I usually go ahead and finish this bad boy off spoonful by spoonful, but you can also get fancy and get a bunch of Nori (roasted seaweed sheets) and make “sushi†rolls out of them (i.e. put a dollop of the mix on a sheet & roll it up). Throw a slice of avocado on each roll, and you’re baaasically in heaven. Also, your thyroid (& rest of your body) will thank you for the iodine.
    Also, for variety, you can add (epi-paleo) mayo or your favourite hot sauce to the mix.

This is a perfect example of an Epi-Paleo recipe that’s quick, easy, tasty, cheap & ridiculously healthy.
    Enjoy!
    20130426_170242_NEW.jpg 20130426_170748_NEW.jpg 20130426_172524_NEW.jpg 20130426_172551_NEW.jpg 20130426_173414_NEW.jpg

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, this looks fantastic. Thanks!

3. Inger

Inger Silver

Mmmm..mm! I am going to try this. But I think with raw salmon.. maybe it works! And the cooked version I will make for hubby :)