1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rush (or otherwise interesting) song of day...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by NeilBB, Nov 28, 2014.

1. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Absolutely loving that and hour of my day was hijacked by Tori....

Shijin13 likes this.
  2. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

I've been to her shows...Ratio of women to men is approximately opposite of a Rush concert in old days. 10 to 1 the other way. But I don't discriminate. She's a brilliant artist.

Shijin13 likes this.
  3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I fully blame @NeilBB my day was oh so glorious because of it.... and the fact that the oyster bar at the fair oaks whole foods shucked me 8 oysters even though they were closed. they didn't think Chaos would eat them... but girl did... thought she put too much horseradish on them.... nutty little girl....

cantweight likes this.
  4. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Our Whole Foods has a sushi bar but not an oyster bar. I'm jealous...

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

dude - just ask the fishmonger to shuck those babies for you - and eat them outside amid all those cut christmas trees. that's what I do.... :) most stores will do that.....

nicld likes this.
  6. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Ha. Some of them do actually have an official oyster bar I know the new one in Austin does! I am a pretty fast shucker myself...

7. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Ive been to 2 and dragged my hubby...definite estrogen fest...a pack of smokes an 8 hour car ride to college and tori was better than any therapy ever.

Shijin13 likes this.
  8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

yet for those days when you've got a 1/2hr of lunch and no method for shucking oysters.... $1/shucked oyster is a good deal and way more filling than say a salad or a burger...

NeilBB likes this.
  9. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Shijin13 likes this.
  10. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

excellent....

11. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Inside out. Outside in...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Shijin13 likes this.
  12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

You're digging up the good ones.... and since you mentioned this early in this thread... thought we ought to drop it in here... b/c well it rocks...

NeilBB likes this.
  13. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Telepath Carbon trapped under stone...

Shijin13 likes this.
  14. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

The famous circadian biologist, Jim Morrison once said, "The day destroys the night. Night divides the day..."

And I have to wonder if by "break on through to the other side" he was referring to quantum tunneling of protons for enzymatic catalysis. Hmmmmm. ;)

Shijin13 and Josh like this.
  15. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

wow, dude i haven't heard silver apples in aeons, and kudos to someone else who knows about them. i gotta dig around for something else to volley back ; )

Shijin13 likes this.
  16. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

^-- fleet foxes, beta band, caribou seem to all try to reincarnate silver apples in their own ways

Shijin13 likes this.
  17. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

ozric... traces of Rush and Floyd in psychedelica

NeilBB and Shijin13 like this.
  18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I think this apropos also an excellent cover as well...

NeilBB likes this.
  19. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

20. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

Rush related quote of the day...

- Neil Peart's father

WillTheHammer, Inger and nicld like this.