1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rush (or otherwise interesting) song of day...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by NeilBB, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

Brilliance, dedication, innovation and passion. Reminds me of someone...

(Sans the ear lobe stretchers. What and why the hell is that a thing?)

Earth Monkey and Mayuri like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have to tell you Mayuri.......Watching this gave me an out of body experience. I could not identify with the surgeon at all because I have zero issues dealing with the end of life because I have jumped into that arena full bore. What we find uncomfortable, we must become comfortable discussing with our flock.

Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything in life. they remain immune to understanding the things that matter most in life.

Discomfort increases your long-term comfort zone.

Examples:

1. The shy person who uncomfortably socializes becomes more comfortable in social situations.
    2. The sedentary person who uncomfortably exercises becomes more comfortable with using their body and moving around.
    3. The person who travels becomes more comfortable with different foods, cultures, lifestyles, and people.
    4. The person who speaks publicly becomes more comfortable in the spotlight.
    5. The lonely guy who fears rejection but forces himself to speak to women becomes more comfortable with rejection.

Actions that lie outside of our comfort zone can provide some of life’s greatest and most exciting benefits. Those who cling to their comfort zone like cat hair to a sweater are training themselves to only be comfortable in very specific scenarios. Evolution requires us to be very adaptable because our environments change. That means we need to be ready to changes as they change, or we have to face harm. If the stimulus in an environment does not resonate without our body it is a sign we must go. The measure nature makes of us is how much wisdom of nature we imbibe. Our intelligence and ability to think well are wholly tied to the ability to change.

[​IMG]

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Spiral out my friends.......the way Tool should be heard: acoustically in Fibonacci sequence.....

Mayuri, Phosphene and Earth Monkey like this.
  5. Earth Monkey

Earth Monkey Photo at a blue party, pre-blueblockers

I used to live around the corner from JB and I think we're still in the same neighbourhood :) A mesmerizing live performer, which you'd never know from the recorded work.

Mayuri and Phosphene like this.
  6. Earth Monkey

Earth Monkey Photo at a blue party, pre-blueblockers

Really? I think Bryan Adams look great in that vid. He would've been almost 57 there...

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

8. shiran

shiran Curious

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I cannot help anyone in a low dopamine state until they realize they are the cause of their state because of the light they live under. Why should I wake when there already half past dead because of their choices? I must get them, at all costs, to get their skin and eyes in the game.

If not, death creeps toward them rapidly.

Earth Monkey, Lahelada and Mayuri like this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We tell ourselves bullshit stories in order to get by and live in this dysfunctional world. This is what we call the narrative fallacy. Our brain can’t help but look at a series of facts — facts that often have incredibly complex cause and effect relationships — without forcing a simple, logical link between them. As a result, we mistakenly assign meaning where there is none. There is a clear danger in doing this. The more our stories diverge away from the reality at hand, the more likely we are to land ourselves in situations that are going to cause some sort of health harm or a behavioral conflict. Evolution, ultimately, doesn’t care for our thoughts and feelings, and it’s not afraid to punish us with health consequences if we refuse to get out of nature's way. On social media, you can see those people who look for "the sermon" in another reported suicide, for the social or moral lesson in the murder of a group in Chicago. We interpret what we see because of what we believe, as a result, we select the most workable situation for our cognitive bias of the multiple choices. We live entirely, especially if we are writers, by the imposition of a narrative line upon disparate images, by the “ideas” with which we have learned to freeze the shifting phantasmagoria which is our actual experience. This is made easier in a low dopamine state. This is why bullshit pervades modern life. We all live with an identity, fueled by a stream of memories, that is weaved together to create its own imaginary character, living in its own movie.
    Except, life isn’t a movie. Treating it like one only leads to undue pain. Man, in his natural habitat is resistant to bullshit. Evolution made us resilient for a reason. We don’t need a bullshit story to weigh us down to live a life society wants us to live........but blue light allows us to believe bullshit. #melanopsinwsidom.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Is there any (reliable) available data,
    that before introduction of electricity,
    say 200 years ago or earlier,
    people who lived in tropics,
    had longer average life span,
    relative to places farther from equator?

Mayuri likes this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We do not have global good record except for Sweden.

Mayuri likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This song is funny........I had to cut two people on social media who I really like because their views have been so skewed by their new group and thinking about both of them as fruit moved to a new land and they became a strange fruit........no longer right for their new place......

Lahelada and Mayuri like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

My sleep apnea blog is almost here.

Mayuri likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I hope anyone who listened to the new Vlog on Patreon I did with Matt appreciates why this song matter big time now.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

17. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

Two words translated wrong.sweet thread

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Mayuri likes this.
  18. Janek

Janek Gold

19. Sheddie