1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rush (or otherwise interesting) song of day...

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by NeilBB, Nov 28, 2014.

1. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Not Rush but why not . .

3. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

My favorite SOAD song, still blows me away after all these years...

4. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

But here's my Rush offering for today...

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Awesome @NeilBB and @Da-mo !!! I've been trying for the past 3 days to limit my time on the computer.... here's where my head is at this am....

I'm thinking its going to be Jimmy Buffett day as we build our compost bins in the back yard.

NeilBB likes this.
  6. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

Great thread, Neil. Neil (Peart) often scales science up and down in his lyrics.

7. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Homage to a fractal universe...

8. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

@NeilBB I'm loving this....

9. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

10. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

dude Prime Mover... you know all about the buried gems in their catalog.

11. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

reaction making contact mysteriously. . .

Shijin13 and NeilBB like this.
  12. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Lol. Dude, I've seen them 20 times.. Neil Peart is like my godfather...

But listening to some of Neil's lyrics after experiencing Jacks blog elevates it all to an even higher level!

13. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Thats a great one too Joe, but perhaps "electricity" should have trumped both "biology" and "chemistry" in the chorus...
    ;)

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

damn it. now I need to find my old rush cassettes. I wonder if I still have them... they've got to be in a box some where around here *Looks at stack of moving boxes we still haven't unpacked yet*

WillTheHammer and NeilBB like this.
  15. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Of course that song is over 30 years old now, so maybe we should cut Neil some slack on that little detail... ;)

16. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Joe, answer me this...what other rock band could write a ballad about "the arrow of time" as it relates to the "meaning of life" and introduce it with Voltaire?! AND have a lot of people actually LOVE IT ?! Nope, can't think of another one...

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Yep. pretty effing awesome... especially given the context of which everyone here is now looking at life with

WillTheHammer and NeilBB like this.
  18. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

Today's tune addresses the cynics, critics, naysayers, and even the victims who refuse to learn. Just wish them well and say goodbye...

19. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

before Clockwork Angels, this song was the one that moved me most in a personal way. music and lyrics are such a perfect fit

"Right to the heart of the matter
    Right to the beautiful part
    Illusions are painfully shattered
    Right where discovery starts
    " BOOM

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

YYZ.........and RED Barchetta driving in my car........fast.