1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rubicon's Journal - A return to optimal?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Rubicon, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon Avoiding Equilibrium

One Full Season of Sun Exposure
    It's been roughly one year since I really started getting the message of getting exposure to sunlight. It was fall of 2015, VitaminD winter was already in effect in Canada, and I had just spent most of summer 2015 indoors all day, rarely going into the sunlight. It was disappointing to say the least to know that I'd have to wait over 6 months for a time where there would be decent UVB light.

When summer 2016 rolled around I really made sun exposure a priority, including getting morning sun every day while grounding and mid-day sun in max UVB light. The result: this summer was the most sun I've ever consistently been exposed to in my life. I developed a dark tan and I felt that my circadian rhythm really established itself. Sleep became really excellent overall and I found a wave of intense tiredness hitting me every night around 10:00PM. I began consistently waking up without an alarm clock.

I tracked all my sun sessions with Dminder. One thing that struck me is that even at the height of summer, the sunlight in Canada is never really as intense as closer to the equator. On June 20th the days are about 16 hours long, but the sun does not get higher than around 60 degrees in the sky and Dminder told me the most vitamin D I could get was around 175 IU's per min. In comparison, I found when I visited Hawaii in early spring the sun was already getting up to 74 degrees altitude and I was able to get 400 IU's per min. More than ever I'm determined to move closer to the equator where I can both get more sunlight throughout the year, and where it will be more intense.

Here are some personal Vitamin D totals for myself from Dminder:

[​IMG]

July total Vit D: 110,362 IU's
    Aug total Vit D: 47,884 IU's
    Sept total Vit D: 31,780 IU's

I took a measure of my 25-hydroxybitamin D3 levels on Sept 23 ... 40.8 ng/mL. Lower than what I was hoping for.

Wife is on board
    About half-way through summer my wife became convinced of the benefits of Low-Carb High-Fat (LCHF) diet. Despite my promotion of it for the last few years, it took the shared experiences of some of her Facebook friends to go from being completely against it to embracing it. In the past she actually had a lot of concerns about my high fat intake and worried about giving myself a heart attack. When she saw me doing other quantum health stuff like CT, she really was not happy and thought I was nuts.

However, since getting convinced about LCHF, she also became much more open to all the different quantum health stuff that I'm interested in. I was able to get her out in the morning sun with me, mid-afternoon sun for vitamin D, drinking fluoride free water, etc. She's even been reading Dr. Kruse's stuff a bit, listening to podcasts, and learning about light and quantum physics. It's been really, really cool to see. No resistance anymore to shutting the wi-fi off at night, turning off the breakers, or similar.

Over the course of a few months her own health was positively affected and some challenges she was facing have disappeared completely. She's now fully on board for the move to the southeast US.

Relocation
    Tentatively still planning to do a road trip from Florida to southern Texas this Christmas season. The plan will be to take a couple of weeks to drive along the gulf coast and look at places we'd want to possibly move to.

Moving is going to be quite disruptive to our lives as we'll loose all of our local connections. I anticipate some significant challenges such as acquiring a green card, work arrangements, expenses, etc. It's all really exciting though and something I want to make happen. With the recent election results...perhaps if the new president is successful at simplifying and reducing taxes, it will help make moving a no-brainer. :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Allin and caroline like this.
  2. Thanks for sharing. I am too long for that hot sun. I think I might be tightly coupled? I also had an unprecedented summer for religious sun exposure. To quote Jack "you are only as good as the environment sensed by the mitochondria in your head, neck, gut and lungs." Well after doing nude sun bathing in the mountains of BC and finishing with cold CT and drinking plenty of water.....I started to feel that eating would not really be too important with such a awesome yield of sunlight! So really feel you on that one...moving south would be awesome but for now I am doing my best to embrace the cold. Doing some Hof holding techniques really helping with the shift to doing cold CT longer and more regularly. Still not ketotic though, really need to get in gear and get a ketone counter and take it seriously bc I feel it could really make a difference. Do you stay in ketosis all winter? I usually do the leptin reset everyday but still eat some carbs. Heaps of seafood really helps with everything though I feel :)

3. Liam Taylor

Liam Taylor New Member

Move sounds exciting. Fingers crossed it can happen for you soon.

4. Rubicon

Winter solstice is December 21
    Image taken at solar noon 12:50PM, December 16
    55° latitude
    Sun altitude: 11.5°

[​IMG]

It's tough to work with that in a nnEMF environment. Hence, I've left for Progreso for a recharge.

5. Tough indeed! I feel you even though I have a very goood EMF situation (background mw/m2 is .005) compared to most. Still don't know what I can do about the .2mg magnetic field from the AC cable coming to my cabin. Guess I need to go totally off grid. But for now I think no RF and sleeping with breakers off/cold ct and sunlight in the day +grounding and wild salmon is the best I can do for the lack of light situation. Still though, think you might have the right idea.....only a matter of time before the get a cell tower out here. Where is progreso? Trying to convince the fam on Mexico somewhere....they seem cautious bc of political corruoption etc. And they seem to think our politicians are not so corrupt!

6. Rubicon

Progreso is on the north coast of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico...near the center of the Chicxulub crater which is supposed to be excellent for magnetism throughout the area.

I would be inclined to think that anyone who believes Canadian politicians are "not so corrupt" are not thinking clearly. :)

7. I know right! and in Mexico I have met some very happy people who have large families, very little technology, and run around outside all day. They can hardly afford new shoes but they know its better to go without them anyways. And I honestly dont think Mexico is anymore dangerous than Canada, especially when you factor in the unseen perils! Maybe see you down there sometime! IN the meantime.....hope it cools down a bit when your in Canada. We just had -35 for two weeks here in the Yukon now its +1 and I miss the cold! It was so much better one I could get some CT in first thing in the morning upon rising for pee in the woods! But I guess for this warm solstice one should have a big bon fire outside and role around in the snow naked :)

8. So I am thinking about Yucatan as my girlfriend has announced that we are going away for spring break! Is Tulum and Playa del Carmen still good for Magnetism? or should one aim for as close as possible to the crater ? I feel this may be the case.......but was wondering what you would suggest for some rustic (yet quantum) canadian backpackers who dont need much by the way of luxuries. I liked the sounds of Tulum because of the caves, yogi beach vibes but I feel like it will loaded with people and their technologies. We are looking for place to relax and spend time by the beach eating shrimpies in a good environment (so preferably away from establishments with nnEMF out the ying yang). Apart from that we also love to explore nature and go on bike treks in the forest so is the Progresso area anygood for that? I see there is an eco reserve a close to silal but is there wild areas to explore near progresso?

Just had idea that someone should open a quantum B&B down there or something !

9. Rubicon

I met up with shah78 last week in Progreso. He's really liking the magnetism in the center of the crater. Last I heard he's doing some epic daily 6-hour sessions in the ocean and seriously feeling the combined effects. Personally, I'm not sure I notice much difference between Progreso and PDC.

Progreso is significantly cheaper than PDC/Cancun, but at this time of year the Carribean sea is MUCH nicer than the Gulf in Progreso (murky water there)

After next week I may try out Porto Morelos or Tulum. Haven't been to either yet.

Sofar my favorite place in the Yucatan is the south side of Isla Mujeres. Relatively low-density population, some jungle, an easy walk to the east side of the island for sunrises and the west side of the island for stunning sunsets. Some houses at the center of the island have clear views of both oceans. It's a neat spot.

I haven't tried biking / hiking in the Yucatan...I just stick to the shoreline.

10. shah78

shah78 Gold

I just found away to get three hour old grouper for less than a dollar /lb :) So the water is a little murky. I find just sitting on the wet sand magical/enough. Lot's of yoga.

caroline likes this.
  11. 6 hours your not a prune? awesome dedication though :). Thats some cheap grouper mhm! dont need such fatty fish, got sunshine :) Thanks for Recs Rubicon super helpful. We are def aiming for the cheap side of the things bc student loans are still a thing. SO given that do you think it would be possible to get away with camping in the progresso/or the Isle Mujeres? IN a canvas tent somewhere near the beach maybe? Thanks that super helpful input!
    How long you guys down there for? we will be there in March.

12. Sounds like I am going to the right place for my haplotype! Found out today that I have K1a1b1 associated the near east and/or ashkanazi jewish people....so you and I might be distant relatives? .....thought you looked rather similar!.....interestingly though my paternal side is I1 which is 50% of Swedish men....so I wonder if this might mean I am more northern adapted? hard to say....I know I always feel great with a lot of sun! Thanks for the pointers!

13. Rubicon

This summer has been incredible for sun exposure. I've been working outside, tons of sun, and feeling really great. It's been an incredible 3.5 months that has felt like way longer. Time slowed way down.

With winter now approaching, the sun is no longer getting above 50 degrees elevation at my latitude at solar noon. It feels noticeably weak. By Sept 30 it will be below 30 degrees and Vit D production will no longer be possible. It won't be back to 50 degrees until May 1 ... 8.5 months from now.

shah78 likes this.
  14. Ted

Ted New Member

I know...it sucks. My vitd window is smaller...November until mid-February.

15. GOod to hear Rubicon. I feel it up here North of 60.....and I can really relate to time slowing down........esp now with extra cold CT water! But before the snow flies il be Heading out east (ruraly Nova Scotia) on a massive road trip across the country. I will have my vielight and the quantlet and of course the magnets........yes the magnets are worth the drive alone!

I am hoping to work outside for the Canadian summers as well. Going to get my wilderness first aid ticket so I can take people adventuring the vastness of the north.

Have been eating lots of fresh rosemary from the garden. I think it really helps with this fading light.....I remember reading about its beneficial effect on vit D receptor. True or not true.....it sure tastes good on fresh sockeye salmon! And I notice a calming effect from just smelling it. Going to be pounding the salmon daily and soaking up all the light I can.......will need a full tank for the massive road trip!

Rubicon likes this.
  16. Rubicon

Hello darkness my old friend:

[​IMG]

Dminder says 155 days of Vitamin D winter at my location.

Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up this Monday...it's interesting that in North America the higher latitude country ended up celebrating Thanksgiving closer the beginning of their average VitaminD winter, and the US ended up celebrating the holiday closer to theirs.

WalterNL likes this.
  17. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

The sun will hide its most treasured frequencies here too starting next week... expecting the yearly sickness season to start soon.
    Luckily I got my quantum toolbox with me.

Rubicon likes this.
  18. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Could Mexico be a good compromise for all the humans or it depends? I live in Europe, middle Eastern country. How do I know whether I am meant to be here or not?

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yep

Antonis likes this.
  20. Antonis

Antonis Free diving

Imagine if all of us could go and live in Mexico for optimal life. What about those who can not do it or they live so far in other countries?