1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Round table bio-hacking session from Los Angeles, California 12/14/18

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Overheard on the net, "I laughed during at the latest podcast, Kruse, Luke y’all my god the BEST podcast of all time!
    I love Jack's perspective. He's so raw & real. To hear him "low voltage" was fun too.
    “You worries about your bones?”
    “I’m worried about your boner!”
    What do y’all think of this episode?
    Should I do more of these?

2. OliverGruener2

OliverGruener2 New Member

Yes! Do more like these :)

I really enjoyed it.

Lahelada likes this.
  3. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

Jack, your comments in the podcast about how oxygen therapy (eg, hyperbaric oxygen) isn't always a good idea was a head slap to me. 8 years ago my husband had bypass surgery at a top Boston hospital following a heart attack. A few nights later a battleaxe nurse put him on oxygen all night. He felt himself going downhill and begged to be taken off of it, but no go until the change of nurses in the morning. Hubby decided the problem was he was allergic to it, and was sure because he had read something like that once. Because he was on Adderall for his ADHD, a house psychiatrist had to meet with him. The young psych jerk comes sailing into his room a couple days later when I was there, and as he enters condescendingly says "so, talk to me about oxygen allergies...". I wanted to throw him out the window for making my husband feel so small and scared and cornered, at a time he still felt like complete shit from the operation.

So you make your comment and I realize it was what I had just been reading about recently, reperfusion injury. Googling I find that it is a major cause of fatality following bypass surgery and that it was well known long before his surgery. Easy for me to understand now, how if there is any backup in the ECT it can lead to severe inflammation. Hubby had been making good progress, but then after the night of O2 he went downhill and developed congestive heart failure. Maybe it would have developed anyway but this may have made it more pronounced and hastened his demise a few years later. For all he was already dealing with, his redox must have been rock bottom. Knowing what I know now, it wouldn't have made a difference because he wouldn't have listened to me, but so many of his doctors just made it worse.

Thank you so much for all you have shared.

recoen, Lahelada, drezy and 1 other person like this.