1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rocky's Journal and memories of now..

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Rocky, Jan 31, 2017.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have no idea why people love oysters either .....EXCEPT - in a restaurant in Orlando - I had them lightly grilled with a bit of butter and parmesan cheese. I was very, very happy to eat loads of those!

Yes - here's to being a beach bum .... our health depends on it! good luck to all of us to living an optimal life and doing what comes naturally!

the three legged stool in spades.......

Tell us more about your progress.......

2. Rocky

Rocky Silver

I'm glad to hear someone else is not a fan of oysters, but I know they are good for me, so I will press on eating them raw.

Difficult when you are working to stay with your plan at times. The other night I had to go to a business dinner and didn't eat. I told them I wouldn't eat they insisted I go and then asked me why I wasn't eating and if I wanted some of theirs. I'll be happy to have more control over my life someday.

Wish I had something brilliant to say, but the bottom line principles of here is what I am using at the moment. No fancy testing or fancy hacks, other than time restricted feeding, lots of fish, sunlight, water, and as much magnetism as the day will allow.

Make sure you go to the area for a long vacation before you move or buy. You might not like it.

I will cycling in some seasonal fruit soon, sort of looking forward to that.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Rocky - could you have made a call before your business dinner and ordered a steak or seafood?

It is tricky to know if you will love somewhere - but whats not to love ....ocean, bush, and a lot less people and light pollution. It is only 3-4 hours south of us so basically what we have and know already - only much better.

We really are looking for a home base so we can take off with our camper trailer ......

4. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Caroline,

I don't eat after 2 in the afternoon, otherwise I would have ordered some salmon. But business obligations are not my thing anymore, I just want to retire and live a few years while I can.

In my case I'm thinking of moving all the way across the country so it's different for me. For you, sounds like a no brainer!~

Sounds like you have an exciting plan in place for yourselves!

I hope you get to it quick!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

where are you planning on moving too?

We are chomping at the bit to get moving... but my partner had shoulder surgery and it is a fairly long recovery. Patience isn't my strong suit!

Rocky likes this.
  6. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Right now thinking Sarasota Florida area. I'm chomping a bit myself Caroline!

Hate the thought of leaving the bay area after 35 years, but it is probably time to go.

Hope your desire comes sooner than you anticipate!

Happy almost Friday!

Last edited: May 5, 2017
    caroline likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

nothing is permanent Rocky .....well, except death. You can always go back and visit the Bay area ....

we can do whatever we want really - the only thing holding us back is ....US

Rocky likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

BTW - it is Friday here! so - happy almost Saturday!

Rocky likes this.
  9. Rocky

Rocky Silver

I know, probably malware keeping the 'grass is greener on the other side program' in check. The vision is there, only the action needs to happen. Happy Saturday Caroline!

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is not easy to pick up and move.....we are finding we lose focus really easily! Please keep me on track! I am sitting in our huge backyard with our wonderful view and thinking .... why do we want to leave here again?????

We have a double lot that sits on the side of a hill....having to mow and trim and manicure that sucker is good enough reason to move!

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Happy almost Sunday!

12. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Your place sounds amazing, except the lawn maintenance.

Unless you are living in a negative, hostile or otherwise unholy situation...why on earth would you want to move. All that cleaning and packing of the last 20 or 30 years...yikes. Still, if the end result is at least equal to or better and there are things you will gain from it and need in your life to make it sing, why not.

I believe it's Happy Monday almost!

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I do think - as good as this location sounds......we live about four blocks from the railway line going into Sydney. I think it is having an impact on us. There seems to be more and more freight moved by rail and we are hearing this in the very early morning. We also have an old antenna on this place. It is not used but I think it may still attract all kinds of signals.

Yes - cleaning and packing will be a horror. Tony ran his business from here for 30 years.....you can't even imagine!

Rocky - are you close to the ocean? What is on your wish list?

Make your life sing ....I love that!

Happy almost Tuesday!

Rocky likes this.
  14. Rocky

Rocky Silver

I am not too far away from the ocean, but traffic sucks getting there. I do get to the bay in Alameda which is a good alternative. I am located at the red flag. My thinking is toward leaving here because it would be good strategic move financially. I am by myself and will miss the area and the friends I have here, but I think the time draws nigh. You better start having some yard sale Caroline and get ready for judgement day! Have a gooday mate!

upload_2017-5-7_18-0-11.png

caroline likes this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

16. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Thanks Doctor Jack!

It was a great weekend for sun and I soaked it up at home, doing HIIT, and at the beach today. Not burnt, kinda brownish for a Scotch Irish Caucasian. I also made some sun water in glass jars. Had eggs, sardines, shrimp and beef with a little vegetable for garnish. I think Vitamin D is on the way up! It's nice to be an amateur mitochondriac!

caroline likes this.
  17. Rocky

Rocky Silver

I have a pity party going on here sorry to say.

I was doing good and making changes and getting results. Yesterday I was hiking in the hills lost my footing and went down the hill uncontrollably, grabbing a tree limb with my left hand then bouncing off a log and then onto a rock. I'm sore all over but the worse part is I separated my left AC joint in my shoulder and the clavicle is sticking up a half inch or more.

There is a lot of back and forth about whether to have surgery with a grade III AC sprain. Wondered if anyone has thoughts or experienced.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am so sorry to hear that Rocky ....maybe you can "ask Jack"

Can a separated joint be made to pop back in?

My partner had rotator cuff surgery - we rented an ice/compression machine and recovery has gone very well. His Osteo figures he is 6 weeks ahead of others who had surgery at the same time.

I assume you are in a decent amount of pain? Keep up the seafood and the sunshine and good water.

Rocky - I am so proud of you for implementing so many of Jack's protocols. It sounds to me like you are flourishing - except for this blip in this road of life.

19. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Thanks Caroline..

I have a grade III AC separation. Operations for this are debatable, and many ortho's say don't do it. It seems physical therapy is best and letting tissue scar over, and then you're left with a weird bump on your shoulder. Unfortunately you can't pop it back in.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  20. drezy

drezy Gold

Ouch. I've got bad news for you... I think this is going to effect any future you had in modeling. Kiniki is going to have to stay with their current line-up of 25 year old guys.