1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rocky's Journal and memories of now..

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Rocky, Jan 31, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[​IMG]

And the others

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rocky

Rocky Silver

I am trying to access body fat stores (and lose fat) while keeping protein levels optimum. I have no problem with eating fat. Just feel I should be closer to 195 lbs as opposed to my current weight of 225 lbs.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

protein--muscles-- bottom video

Look up the videos.
    Short version,
    to be able to access body fat stores,
    one must have very low and sustained insulin levels.

----
    It is easier to have a sex when weight is less.
    Fat contains aromatase.
    Aromatase robs you out of testosterone
    and gives you back estrogens
    estrogens are promoting growth--->including cancer

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  4. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Jansz,

I will check out the videos! I don't know if Jason Fung is the greatest authority on fasting even though he has a lot of material.

When you are older there is something called sarcopenia and I don't want to be involved in fasting that approaches muscle wasting at a time in my life when that is a good possibility.

Are you suggesting eating a low fat diet? Thanks!!!

I understand the low insulin level requirement and I am trying to keep insulin low.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    caroline likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I would say that if you keep (honestly) your fasting insulin at 2-3
    over time you will get your ideal weight. Just keep testing it.

Lean mouse have more sex and live longer than fat mouse.

6. Rocky

Rocky Silver

JanSz,

I test blood glucose and am between 84 and 98 mg/dl daily. Is that what you are talking about? What is 2-3 over time?

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Test fasting insulin.

8. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Trying to allow for my time to read and understand what this is all about. Truly difficult to sift through and retain what is important.

On a side note, for some reason when I am at work I cannot sign in to this site? Any reason why that would be the case?

Putting my weekly fast back into effect after being ill with this crazy cold or flu I caught three weeks ago and it felt really good. Woke up today with ketones at 1.5 mg/dl which hopefully means I dumped some insulin. Will be starting cold showers today or tomorrow if I can pull myself away from the computer.

With all this, trying to find direction in an otherwise lost life. Waking up at 64 with regret is no fun, so I am doing everything I can run faster and jump higher so to speak. The path to overcoming emotional disconnect and associated pain is not so clear right now.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I think there is possibility that you are using wrong set of user ID and passwords.
    signing in to forum
    signing in for webinars
    there are other
    I see sometimes that old password suddenly works but the last one does not.
    I have them typed on spreadsheet, so I just copy/paste.
    When works, have the computer remember that set.
    That works until I get a bug and have to clean computer.

Even at home, it is good idea that you figure out how you are signed in.

10. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Thanks JanSz - I just reset it so I am able to access from work now.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Have you identified the problem?

/

12. Rocky

Rocky Silver

No, I was using the same password for home and work, but at work it would not let me sign in. I did a password reset and now I have successfully signed in both from home and work. Thanks for your care JanSz!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  13. Rocky

Rocky Silver

There is not enough time in the day! It's 7:40 and I need to be thinking about sleep soon and haven't had a chance to listen to a podcast or study circadian biology. I need to understand these things if I am going to talk to a doctor intelligently and win his confidence and do my bidding with the testing I want to have done. Because, as he told me last year..."I wouldn't know how to interpret the results so why bother". I don't have mudh more time on this planet so I need to expand time somehow!

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please don't think of your past life as "lost" it brought you to where you are now.

Now you have the opportunity to pursue an optimal life in a really meaningful way. Don't forget - all this is courtesy of Dr. K. and he has only been doing this for about 3-4 years.

Now that you know better ..... you can and will do better!

no regrets ...... just pay it forward!

Rocky likes this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am older than you ....and I have lots of time ..... for lots of great stuff! I am having the time of my life in every possible way!

when your hands and heart are open ..... you will receive gifts

Brent Patrick and Rocky like this.
  16. Rocky

Rocky Silver

If you are older, it is not that much older..

I still work and it takes up and huge part of my day, I want to retire and start a new life but I'm not quite there yet. Someday I want to have what you have and do what you do...but do need to get my hands and heart open. It's been a struggle, but I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks for the encouragement dear Caroline!

caroline likes this.
  17. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Try not to be Negative Nellie, but when you spend years with blinders on it's hard not to have regrets.

I totally agree though, there is no time to waste and thank my lucky stars I can hear what the Doc is saying and it is music to my ears.

Thanks again Caroline!

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

imagine how JK feels - or felt. All those years in medical school and then one day he discovered that he knew shit about being well and helping his patients get well.

He has said he spent hours and hours in a medical library retraining himself. He has said that his family life suffered, his social life suffered, his practice suffered.

Also ....JK has told me a million times - " you don't have to know Chinese to eat Chinese food"

live the three legged stool!

Rocky likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The best time to retire is today.
    This year is my 20th since I retired.
    Just do not tell that to Jack, let him work for us.

Rocky likes this.
  20. Rocky

Rocky Silver

Great reply! I'm still a little wobbly you know. It feels like I should know a lot more for concern of gullibility but feel I am doing the right things and based on what I know and the information and inspiration from the Doc!

I don't have a family, a social life or a practice but I still suffer in all three - LOL

I like that, you don't have to be Chinese to eat Chinese food, so if that's the case let your intuition be your guide - right!?

Which brings me to this desire to get a Magnetico. Do I need it or something else more pressing?

Thanks Caroline!