1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Robert O. Becker

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Awainer1, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

Has anyone here read any of his books? I read Cross Currents and now I'm reading The Body Electric. This one is amazing and really explains a lot of the science that Jack talks. For example it explains how he discovered semiconduction using the Hall Effect. I never thought id be a science person but I am turning into one. He also talks about how much dogma he had to face in doing his work. I have a lot of time to read at work so I'm making sure to go slow, underline and really understand it. Fascinating stuff.

2. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

"When Becker found piezoelectric current in bone, we had a game changer moment in biology. *The analogy I like to use is think about when Neil Armstrong landed on the moon and made his famous statement about mankind, and then visualize or make believe that no one *bothered watching TV that day in 1969."

Lol and now this statement from emf 8 makes a lot more sense to me.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  3. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

You can walk into any Barnes and Noble today and buy a copy of "The Body Electric." It received lots of good reviews and is well respected. Yet the details of the science contained in there are: (1) crucial, (2) revolutionary, and (3) still completely ignored by relevant medical research communities. Becker's descriptions of the politics of the process of scientific research and its funding (also contained in the book) help explain why this is so.

Scientific paradigms have a life of their own and are incredibly difficult and slow to change. Truth is less important than "measured orderly stability" in social institutions. That is a fact, whether people want to face it or not. Revolutions in science are often socially, politically, and economically destabilizing and are therefore resisted with great fury by those in power. We should expect this.

I don't think Becker really set out to be a revolutionary. It seems that he was just a very intelligent and determined doctor/scientist who was unflinchingly committed to finding the truth, wherever it led him. This comes through in the book. I work in academic medicine and I can tell you that those qualities are exceedingly rare in organized medical science today. Any researcher exhibiting such qualities and proposing a view that fundamentally conflicted with orthodoxy would either be drummed out of the field or would be aggressively "mentored" into studying "more appropriate" scientific topics that fit within the current mold.

That is also why this brilliant and revolutionary website is run by a man who is in private medical practice and not formally affiliated with academic medicine. It just has to be that way today.

4. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

Wow I just read all of the quantum bone blog after reading the first 130 pgs of "The Body Electric" and so many lightbulbs are turning on for me. Got to keep reading!

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Go Awainer, go!

6. Awainer1

Awainer1 New Member

Lol thanks