1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

RMW's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by RMW, Sep 23, 2019.

1. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey.

Your quote... “The Universe is for sure giving me the nod of approval.” ....Love this!!

The universe is always speaking to us if we are listening... sounds like you are listening.

Looks like Sean awakened you with some fire. Love the bromance between you two... lots of lessons for us all to learn here. It’s important to keep the fire burning.... a good friend will continue to fan those flames even when they almost burn out. But ultimately it is your thinking and hard work that keeps that fire strong and burning bright. Survival of the wisest! ;)

2. RMW

RMW New Member

Thank you!!

Always and I find with greater redox that the resonance with the universe becomes a lot more acute.

Love this...

Today: 22 blocks which I now know is 59.2F for 19 minutes. Good to finally get a measure on the CT- as expected the temperature needs to come down... A hell of a lot haha but I'm happy with the gradual decrease so I'm just going to trust the process.

A notable feat and reminder today was wearing a t-shirt outside earlier for a prolonged period of time, unfazed but the mild autumn temperature whilst everyone else I saw were wearing jackets. A small win, but a win and a reminder nonetheless that things are happening.

Redox is still good- no noticeable improvement from initially returning from Tenerife BUT also no noticeable deterioration either which certainly isn't normally the case this time of year. It has literally rained for 10 days straight too so I'm gunna take this also as a good sign.

Sean Waters and 5G Canary like this.
  3. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

Yup! 22 blocks and posted on #22.... it’s a sign! ;)

RMW likes this.
  4. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

You've probably gained a huge amount of Solar Redox from Tenerife that you aren't able to quantify... but the fact that you haven't crumbled on your return speaks Volumes.

The CT protocol may actually retain that Redox, or perhaps improve it, through this Winter.

I'm loving your updates mate.

You are starting to see the difference between you and "others", you embrace the discomfort, and they don't. Enjoy the spoils of your efforts, however trivial they may seem, they aren't - they are magnificent, because the more you embrace the bigger they get.

drezy likes this.
  5. RMW

RMW New Member

Something I desperately assumed I had in abundance before but did not. I hate to quote probably one of the most chiché "motivational guys" out there but David Goggins says "become uncommon amongst uncommon people". Again something that naturally would strike a chord with me before from envy- but now from aspiration, desire and determination.

Last night: 57.2F for 20 minutes. So I didn't get it done in the AM, was out all day and returned around 8:30 which is already lights off as per but I didn't want to lose my "streak" of doing CT for everyday even though I REAAAALLY didn't want to do it haha that nagging voice yet again... Without a doubt the hardest one yet and I was shivering in bed struggling to sleep afterwards. I knew this was typical from past experience of doing it late at night but nonetheless, glad I got it done at a lower temp.

This morn: 58F for 21 minutes. Couldn't get the temperature down as the ice hadn't frozen properly from last night but much preferred getting it done in the AM. I'm noticing a definite upscale in tolerance to the cold as I'm about to venture out in my shorts and t-shirt.

I'm also noticing cravings going down... I've not suffered too bad with cravings at all since the leptin reset to be honest but occasionally a carb craving kick in, although it's easy to suppress it's still been there... Not now it isn't.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Phosphene likes this.
  6. RMW

RMW New Member

My main source of discomfort right now however doesn't come from my ice bath in the morning... Rather more a situation I find myself financially with someone I'm working alongside.

He's exceptionally talented at what he does, however I feel I'm being massively undervalued.

There is quite a difficult conversation that needs to be had about the dreaded money situation which most people seem to hate talking (yet ironically they think about it all the time). But two things I've said I need to get better at is talking straight to people and talking about money. I guess talking straight to people covers that topic anyway.

I must admit though that right now I'm essentially being paid to learn from him, which is insane. An education you get paid for? Unreal. So I'm not sure if I'm being greedy, or my judgement is clouded or if actually he's not respecting the value I'm giving him (I've earned him a lot of money) since we combined our skills and we've earned a lot online together ($2000 from 5 videos) which is also insane!

However the video/online work and filming has been ALL ME but the catch is that I'm filming him... We verbally agreed that I would compensate myself £150 per video and we split the profits... I'm just not sure though, I'm putting in literally 5 hours to his 1 hour and not only that but promoting the fuck out of him to an audience he otherwise would have zero contact with. (MAKING HIM A LOT OF MONEY).

Sounds like I'm having my pants pulled down while I type it out here, I need to take it up with him.

7. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

RMW, cold thermogenesis is the HARDEST thing for me to implement and get serious about. reading your journey everyday is a healthy reminder to keep going and keep trying.

8. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

It's important to know your worth... ask for it! He can say "No" but he could also say "Yes!"

9. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/339620

3. "Brave is going where no man has gone before”

Stepping out of your comfort zone is something that all entrepreneurs need to be comfortable with. We often remain where we feel safe or at ease, what brings us ‘comfort’, and this can prevent us from doing things we really want to do. It is considered a brave act to step out of your comfort zone because you are taking the risk of entering the unknown, you can’t really predict what is going to happen next as you have never experienced it.

Of course, depending on what you are contemplating doing for the first time, the intensity of the risk can be somewhat guessed; but not entirely. The only way we can know something for sure is to just do it, experience it and be in it. Usually, you will find that the aftermath of taking that leap of faith is not as bad as you expected. Be brave and enter the unknown! You never know what doors may open for you.

Phosphene likes this.
  10. RMW

RMW New Member

Same here man I NEVER properly implemented it and I never even wanted to truly hear it's benefits because on an unconscious level I didn't want to know- glad to serve as a reminder!! Lord knows I still need to be reminded of it haha I'm not even 2 weeks in.

Yesss thank you- I couldn't get hold of him yesterday on the phone so I typed out an essay expressing all my concerns and it was well received!! We're going to talk things out properly within the next few days but he now knows where I'm at which is most important.

LOVE THIS.

Okay so mixed results this past 24 hours- typically as I update my journal saying carb cravings had vanished what did I do last night? Ate a bowl of pasta, my mum made it and I wasn't even craving it.... Just had it, I really don't know why. I can't explain it with any other phrase than just "falling off the wagon". Strange because it almost felt like a conscious decision to have it- as mentioned I wasn't craving it so why did I have it!? Either way I'm not going to get hung up about it, the diet side of things to be honest has always been the easiest bit for me so whatever... Straight back to a high fat, seafood breakfast this morning fresh off a bit of a sugar high from last night but then something magical happened:

54.9F for 22 minutes WELL FUCK ME. It turns out with a lot more time in the freezer, I've got a new improved army of ice blocks yielding a much colder ice bath than anticipated this morning. As I double, triple check the temperature in my head I'm thinking "right, well how about we just go in for a shorter period of time, I mean it's much colder than I've done before?" That's the "path of least resistance" self-2 trying to have a quiet word with self-1 saying "this is uncomfortable, we don't like uncomfortable things". Now whether for just this morning I conquered this voice, or if I was riding that sugar high from the carb-heavy meal last night I don't know but... I lit a tiny candle, grabbed a book and set my timer for longer than before and thought well I'll make myself at home, let's have it boys.

It was cold. But when the timer went off, I leisurely stayed in for a little longer and then went outside for the first time post-CT in only my shorts for a good 15 minutes. It. Was. Unreal. I'm still shivering now as that's without a doubt the most extreme exposure to cold I've ever had in my life and after "falling off the wagon" in my head I had only made up ground for being THAT MUCH BETTER than I was yesterday with the very thing I have been most uncomfortable with in the past. That very thing NOT being CT; but pain.

Not only that but I'm 21 minutes worth of reading time more educated on business and marketing (I couldn't read the last minute, I was shivering too much haha).

This has without a doubt been the first morning I think ever in my life that I've truly felt some true self-satisfaction of putting up with pain and embracing it. I can't really explain it man, like I really REALLY can't put into words this feeling. This is the very thing I've been avoiding my whole life- it's got nothing to do with CT, or my redox or my "sugar high" to be honest I just feel really fucking proud of myself.

And guess what? I'll be going for a longer, colder time tomorrow and I think I'll crack out the book and candle again.

Phosphene and Sean Waters like this.
  11. RMW

RMW New Member

Side note as well: I've been making my way through at least 1 Kruse podcast a day. Starting to enjoy them a lot- I could never really hear what he was saying in the past or have a taste for it as I was too afraid of hearing the truth.

He was absolutely ripping Jimmy Moore and his "keto is the be-all and end-all approach" on this podcast yesterday and I was pissing myself laughing- because it was so true. Got loads of reading to do, looking forward to it. Am I actually starting to now enjoy the things I detested in the past so much now!?

Time will tell.

Sean Waters likes this.
  12. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

This resonates deeply. As someone that still has a rep of running a "charity" business, I tend to think with my heart and not my head. It's hard for me to claim my worth sometimes, when it hurts me more to not claim it.

Phosphene, Sean Waters and RMW like this.
  13. RMW

RMW New Member

Well, well. Bought the issue up and now I'll be earning the first 50 sales of any video that gets put up ie: £500 per video as appose to the unvalued agreement of £150 a video.
    Who's idea was it to have these "honest" conversations anyway!? About to celebrate with an ice bath.

Phosphene and Sean Waters like this.
  14. RMW

RMW New Member

54.7F for 23 minutes.

Sean Waters likes this.
  15. MITpowered26

MITpowered26 New Member

money moves.

RMW and Sean Waters like this.
  16. RMW

RMW New Member

52.9F for 25 minutes. Mistakenly thought my last entry was 24 minutes and I absolutely noticed that temperature drop jheeeezz it was cold. Also didn't do my CT in the AM as I knew I had a full day of editing ahead of me today so thought it'd be nice to do it a little later in order to "cleanse" myself from the heavy blue-lit day (he says typing this up on his laptop post CT).

Not sundown yet though so I'll be pulling up for the night. After having the "money move" conversation (cheers J) with the guy I'm working with- we had a very in depth chat following our days work. Was real good as we have quite a student-mentor relationship (me being the student) to see how much more respect he put on me: not that he didn't respect me before but I think he was just ignorant to my value and in his words he's now very happy that I'm happy with our new financial arrangement; he now recognises that in order for him to flourish that it's within both his and my interest for me to also be well rewarded. Our relationship instantly grew from this.

Since I've been shadowing and working alongside him (he's a golf coach) I've drawn so many parallels between his work, style of teaching/philosophy and Kruse's work. His research on human movement/learning and how he's teaching people is nothing short of ground breaking, he employs a completely counter-intuitive, non-linear approach, going against the entire grain of the culture and a lot of people find it hard to accept... sound familiar?

Even to the point recently where he's spoke of how people are so averse to chaos yet in order for their golf to improve they must embrace it; and how environment is EVERYTHING when it comes down to the individual. This is all practical as well, not just lip service; he's literally putting people in an optimal learning environment and making them so uncomfortable during his lessons that the body is forced to find order and then bang- he gets the fastest and most profound results with his clients that I've ever seen. Hence why people are willing to part ways with $ in order to watch these videos I'm filming of him because they've never seen this shit before in the world of golf.

The similarities become more apparent the more time I spend watching him work. THEN as we have our in-depth chat post money conversation I find out he's passionate about quantum physics! So naturally I had to mention Kruse, I spoke of the parallels I'd drawn between both of their research and you know how it is when you mention it to people and they just sort of nod their head like "oh yeah, I'll have to check out his work". But you know full-well that they ain't going to check out their work... This was different; he was genuinely very interested, took his name down and vowed to listen to a couple podcasts which I thought was mint.

No coincidence what is happening here.

Sean Waters and Phosphene like this.
  17. RMW

RMW New Member

54F for 26 minutes: couldn't get the temp as low as yesterday because the ice hadn't frozen solid. Today however marks 2 weeks since the start of this CT journey and quite frankly 26 minutes is a long time to spend in an ice bath, over the moon with how progress has gone so far and redox is feeling good.

Sean Waters likes this.
  18. RMW

RMW New Member

53F for 27 minutes. Got a lot of stuff I need to document but it's too late now, will have to wait.

19. RMW

RMW New Member

This morning I woke up at the appropriate time to do my CT but fully backed out. I'm about to rectify this now but that's the first time I actually listened to the voice that told me not to do it.

Had a late night last night and truth be told I'm not going about this in an optimal fashion as my current circumstances require me to be up and about way before sunrise. Still- no excuses, bath is running now. I haven't missed a day but maybe doing this in the early evening isn't a bad idea.

Kinda pissed off that I listened to that voice this morning though.

20. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

I can't wait on the CT. My day is ruined if I don't get in and out before midday. Ideally, I'm in and out before 8am.