1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ridin' the JK Express to Optimum

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Grmoline, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I can see it in my mind's eye . I see where I used to go for relaxation and then lookedgfor a home near Norwich . I was dissuaded by wellmeaning friends who thought the commute would not be good for me. Ah ,liittle did I know in those days haha.
    Good luck with the property. It sounds just about perfect.Hope it is a short chain.

2. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

Yes, well-meaning isn't always well-doing. And we all knew less back then! We've just got the survey report back, and it comes out pretty clean. The 'rooftop garden' (a small tree growing on top of the chimney!) needs to be taken care of as well as a blocked drainage pipe, but that's small stuff. There won't be any chain to speak of, if the owner keeps his word on exchange of contracts. Our current place is sold so we have to be out 31 July no matter what. The owner of the place we are trying to buy has nowhere to go, but will commit to being out no later than 30 August. So that makes us likely to be homeless for about a month. I'm sure we can find somewhere to hang out. Maybe we'll exchange on the 4th of July - Independence Day. Freedom from the Big Smoke, as London is sometimes called. That would be too cool! Except, of course, we don't celebrate the great separation from the Motherland over here. (I'm dual citizenship, so I'm allowed to..... quietly......).

caroline and fitness@home like this.
  3. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

Just listened to the June webinar. Had oysters for breakfast to prepare, but I'm not sure the extra DHA helped. My, oh my, what a long, strange road it has been for the last 4 years. When there is a paradigm shift, then it is impossible for me to see the world in the same way even if I wanted to go back (which I don't). But just maybe, when we move to the country, I might stop seeing the world around me as a minefield of electromagnetic, chemical, and blue light smog and an assault on my senses. I'm sure that it literally steals joy as it shreds DHA, cellular hydration, and circadian timing. No wonder so many people in this city are so bad tempered. Maybe in August, when I can lie in my back yard butt naked if I want, full-body grounding, and see stars at night - maybe then I will remember how it feels to have joy oozing from my pores. Maybe, after a year and a half of listening to my ears ring, I will finally hear silence.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

You said it, Gerry!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

oh my .... the things we have learned here! tanning nude, listening to the silence, observing the stars and the nite sky and of course the sunrise and children laughing ....and really listening to our loved ones with respect and attention....
    really seeing others as they are - not as we wish them to be....
    we have so much to be grateful for....we have come so far....

6. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

So, it appears that I am an Inuit, or so Jack says. I re-read the last chapter of Jack's book, and honest to God I swear that he slipped in more information since I read it the first time! I'm beginning to understand the connection to why I tan so easily and keep it for so long. If you look at pictures of me in Antarctica, any bit of skin that got exposure is black. My immediate ancestral line is northern Minnesota, where summer is but a blink of the eye, and further back it gets worse than that - all Scots and Swedes as far back as we can trace (including the 23andme genetic tracing). If cold induces alpha-MSH, and alpha-MSH stimulates melanocytes, then the penny drops. Also, why I have no trouble with cold showers and feel best when I am cold and ketogenic (except for those warm ocean holiday top-ups). I grew up in Minnesota winters, back when we actually walked a mile to school even in blizzards, and we were outside all the time, every season. I can remember going out to the outdoor rink, skating until my hands and feet were numb, practically having to crawl the whole way home, and then going back out and doing it again. And look where I moved to - NORTH!! The winters may be milder here (for now, but wait till the Gulf Stream changes.....) but those winter nights are looooooong...... I also have a real 'intolerance' to carbs, in the sense that I gain weight at the drop of a hat when I go non-keto like I started this spring/summer to get the autophagy boost. Maybe the weight gain is just a necessary evil?

So here's the deal with my labs. It's so cool to look at them through a new lens. My H/H are at rockstar levels. If anything, they run high according to lab ranges (but who believes lab ranges....). My battery is apparently pretty good, helped by tons of DHA in the diet, and probably by nasal IR. But the UV side of things is poor (think northern latitudes, maybe a couple months of decent sun at most) so not enough current push (low voltage). No problem capturing electrons, but they're not moving much. High H/H is probably adaptive, adding more porphyrin rings to soak up any little bit of UV they can get. That means I need to get "The Girls" exposed to the sun every day that we are in that optimum window. I've been reticent, being modest, but with the size of mine that's a lot of solar panel to capitalize on. And it also means finding a source to augment the UV exposure - NOT the infrared that I thought I needed.

So my new hack has to do with driving current. UV light, TENS stimulation to upper back, CT to the carotids, meditation and music in the evenings while I CT and TENS, and perhaps TCS. Then I'll see what that does to cognition, as well as anything else that is controlled by the brain. Oh yeah, that's pretty much everything else. And when the seasons change, I'll live like an Inuit as much as I can. Should be easier in the country. I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    SeaHorse, caroline and fitness@home like this.
  7. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

That's not dirt on my face..... (but it is on my collar, since we didn't have a washing machine)
    Antarctica9.jpg

Attached Files:

Jack Kruse and caroline like this.
  8. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

I think some big pennies are finally dropping, having had a few "duh!" moments of late. I was thinking about the view of high H/H as being an adaptive change, some earlier blogs about type 2 diabetes as being adaptive, cataracts as an adaptive change in the presence of too much blue light, and the discussion in the Ubi17 thread about adiposity generation in obesity as an adaptation to the body's inability to offload excess energy. Outside of "hardwired" genetic conditions (e.g., CF), I need to be looking at every lab result that is off and every neolithic disease symptom and asking the question,"What is this adaptation telling me about my environment?". I know, the rest of you are probably thinking, "Well hello, hasn't this been bleedingly obvious for some time?!". Yes, in the need to look to environment to fix the underlying conditions, but not to the full implications of this new paradigm. It means ditching the old myopic view and rebuilding understanding from the bottom up through the lens of the interactions of sub-particles and light within the human organism. There's no other way to "see" what's really going on.

And, as it appears that cognition is at its best in the first half of the day, that's when I need to do my looking......

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

nice Antarctica pic!

10. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

^^^ Yeah, a pic that was taken after I got back to New Zealand was even funnier. I look mixed race - white on the top half and black on the bottom. Looked ridiculous, but they are used to that look in Christchurch. They'd just say, "Been to the ice, eh?" I suspect that if I lived like an Inuit, my whole body would look like the bottom half.

b612 and caroline like this.
  11. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

Yay, hooray, yippeeee!! We have finally exchanged contracts on our new home, so it is officially ours, finally! That means that we have only 15 more days of living in the Big Smoke, and then we are country bumpkins. My other half is thinking about where we put the sofas, pictures, etc. I, however, am thinking about where to set up the CT tank, the array of UV lights, the spot outside where I can have my morning coffee with my feet on the ground no matter the weather, the bicycle route to the fishmonger, stuff like that that wasn't really possible here in central London. My mitochondria feel better already!

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

congratulations! soon it will be time to break out the red bikini ..... or no bikini!! :D:D:D

thisbirdhaswings likes this.
  13. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

I think no bikini...... Jack has said that I need to get "The Girls" into the sun, so it seems minimal coverage is called for.... not much UV up here, so have to grab every bit that I can..... ;)

caroline and thisbirdhaswings like this.
  14. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

I've been starting CT to the carotids to try to stimulate more current in the brain. It's early days, so may be hard to tell yet, but I have to say that on re-read of the Ubi series the picture is dropping into place OMG, Jack, it's just the coolest thing! I think I have jumped to a completely different level in understanding. Its like when Leo suddenly sees what the Matrix really is. I used to use fibre optics in my geophysical research to transmit signals that were more protected from electrical noise than standard electrical signals (the Antarctic is very electrically noisy....). But I never fully appreciated the concept of light carrying information that can translate between photons and electrons. I was just glad that I had developed a system that would allow me to get signals that were bigger than the noise. But now there's this parallel between my experiments on "the ice" and what's happening in my RBCs. Way cool! I'm having to reach into the depths to retrieve the physics foundation that underpinned all my research, but it seems I can find it if I'm patient.

caroline and nonchalant like this.
  15. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

Re-reading with new understanding seems to be the key for me. I get what I get out of a blog on the first pass, at the level of my understanding at that time. And that's okay - it's what I need then. But the next pass, with a different lens, gives me so much more. I used to work with fiber optics, but never really understood the story of light. We're wired for fiber optics. I don't get the whole integrated picture of the quilt right now, but my understanding is so far from where I started. I'm beginning to get the exquisite dance between light and cold and how we respond to each.

caroline likes this.
  16. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

Talk about silver linings.... in preparation for the big move, our broadband company cut off our service nearly two weeks early. They say they cannot undo it, so no wifi. Not convenient, if one is trying to complete a move without access to emailed documents, etc. the upside is....... greatly reduced blue light exposure, since my patience with typing out even short messages on my iPhone is pretty limited! Someday we will be back up and running and I will update on progress. Meantime, I shall just enjoy the daily changes in natural light and remind my brain what it's like!

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

Breathtaking. His description captured the experience that many, if not all, of us had. I think if all of us were writing blogs, we would see in each other's words the impact of entanglement in the way he speaks about yours.

19. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

This is why we have to move. Hard to see it here, but there are something like 16 satellite dishes on that one rooftop, and 20 cranes within that one section along the river, supposedly the biggest construction site in Europe - over 60 of them can be counted as we scan the horizon all round. London is changing beyond all recognition. Four more days......

IMG_0055.jpg

Danny and thisbirdhaswings like this.
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

not bueno