1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Richard's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Richard Watson, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Richard Watson

Richard Watson New Member

Been wanting to get my journal thread underway for a while now but being summer there's so much to do outside what time I have been on the LP Ive been reading threads, there's so much reading on here for over the last 8 or so years that this forum's been up and running.

My passion in regard to learning health and wellness and joining up here has not come about by ill health, apart from a ganglion cyst surgery (10 years ago )and non surgery appendicitis (6 years ago). The older I'm becoming the better my health, since stumbling over Jack's FB page three year ago and hoping on the Kruse Express I dont even get a common cold anymore. I take joy in being around people who are ill and telling them, " dont worry, your germs wont effect me", that gets them thinking. I remember first seeing Jack's FB page displayed on the side screen and thinking, that looks bloody interesting, checking out his page has to be up there in the top 400 best moves Ive done in my life. Onward and upward i say.

Suns coming up and its rather chilly, but time to get out there......... more later

2. Richard Watson

Being a great day, warm and sunny allowing nearly 8 hours with just a pair of shorts worn some of the day, the rest nothing. I have to say i'm totally addicted to sun on skin, even better when there' a wind, to feel air movement all over is magic, i'm such a lucky man that i can work from home outdoor wearing little or nothing.

I was born a normal weight but soon grew into what they use to call a 'bonny' baby, and that's how i have remained till this day, always carried excess weight. As a kid my friends and I were by today's standard very active, we lived on the edge of a small town with a braided alluvial river system nearby, there were 30kms of river maintenance roads either side so our play ground was huge, from building tree huts to chopping down willow trees. We would hunt wild cats, rabbits, stoats etc with dogs that were not ours, we knew the owners of the dogs and they were happy for us to take there dogs for a run, little did they know we were murdering critters. Some of the dogs would meet us at the school gate at 3.00pm.... I still carried extra weight all through my school years

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    caroline likes this.
  3. Richard Watson

Leaving high school I worked on a number of high country sheep stations, but soon found that life quite lonely for a 18/19 year old away from my mates back home, it wasn't till a team of hand blade shearers arrived at one farm i was working on that I decided that was me, 30 years of shearing mostly full time. At the busiest part of the season we would work around the weather, if it didn't rain we could be working up to 30+ days in a row, all the fella's i worked with would getting lean from the huge amount of physical exertion, I on the hand would have skip having lunches to stop me from putting on to much extra weight. When I was 37 I decided to do a return bike ride over the Southern Alps, I trained for three months doing around 100km of off road mountain biking per week. The trip itself took four and a half days, 780kms and four mountain passes, but again I still finished with the same 10kg of extra baggage I started with. Looking back I thought I was doing the right thing following the food pyramid with whole meal grains as eat the most of, I avoided fast and processed foods, as well as I was getting into gardening learning how to grow vegetables. We as a family get fish three time a week and I eat 1kg of mussels per week.

Seasonal eating - I have a 30 tree orchard of apples, peaches, pears etc which get eaten when ripe but the berry fruits such as black current, gooseberries get frozen, so they arent eaten seasonally. In winter and spring I have grown potatoes, sweet potatoes, skirret, parsnip, hamberg parsley, salsify, pumpkins and oca, how does that fit into seasonal eating

Ive started having cold water showers morning and night to which the family think I'm a lunatic.

Recently bought a wool mattress so as to not to be sleeping on steel springs.

Have no LED lighting in a our house along with no wifi or smartmeter, there no weather or airport radars within 130kms and the nearest cell tower is 30km away. But there are three phone&internet provider sites on the top of hills around our valley, the closest 10km, also one transmission line passing about half a km away.

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

How is your weight now Richard?

5. Richard Watson

About 20 k's more than optimal weight, always stays around that. My Doc said to me recently "if your blood pressure and blood test weren't as good as they are i would advice you to shed some weight, but I wont". Ive never known what its like not to have extra weight on board.
    Thankfully I keep perfect health nowadays, I still shear sheep pain free, I sleep well and make sure I have the suntan from hell 9-10 months of the year. The last three winters since using our red lights, VitD lamp along with a weekly sunbed visit Ive had no colds at all. As a kid you name it, i had it, from boils to bronchitis and everything in between, but the older I'm getting the better my health is becoming. Taking up naked gardening has seen the end of picking up the common cold, some days i can get up to 9 hours swinging on the end of a hoe, the sun just makes me so so happy.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

That all sounds fantastic Richard!

We are looking forward to travelling to New Zealand if they can ever open the borders and leave them open!

I have been years ago but Tony never has so it is definitely on our to do list as soon as we can.

Maybe you weigh what you should way?

7. Richard Watson

Be great if either of us could travel over the ditch, I just cant see it ever happening again dam it.

I feel fine unless I eat grain, that makes me feel blotted

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Me too...

Richard Watson likes this.
  9. Richard Watson

Trying to head around leptin resistance and my lifelong ability to maintain a reasonable level of excess weight even though much of my working life was involved in a trade of which is regarded as one of the most physically demanding, sheep shearing. The below list ive added in red my circumstances
    Symptoms of Leptin Resistance
    Leptin resistance has a variety of symptoms, including:

• Cravings, especially sugar and carb cravings no, I dont have a sweet tooth or eat much carbs, certainly dont have cravings
    • Hunger even after meals no average appetite for a bloke
    • Weight gain been steady for years
    • Trouble losing weight or quickly gain back lost weight yes
    • Belly fat yes
    • Blood sugar imbalances last blood test 2020 showed healthy levels
    • High triglycerides last blood test 2020 showed healthy levels
    • High blood pressure have had optimal BP for many years
    • Feeling stressed out a lot no, far from it.

God loves you likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you read the leptin reset Richard? It is all about resetting your circadian rhythm .....the rolex in your head!

What are you eating?

11. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

the rolex in your head

12. Richard Watson

I have been reading about it yes, but still need to know more, is there a thread that you would recommend?

13. Richard Watson

Breakfast is cocoa with raw A2 cream (own cow)and honey, normally beet meat and eggs or sausages, lunch is mussels and cheese, sometimes I wiz up fruits from my garden with coconut cream in the Nutribullet, At 6.00pm we eat a meals of either fish three times a week, or beef ( we get it free) and chicken, the vegetables are all what I grow. The amount of mussels and coconut cream has increased a hell of a lot in the last 12 months and grain has gone the other way. The last time I bought anything from McDonald's was in 1985, we dont touch that sort shit but sometimes have fisinchips

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

#1 see every sunrise
    #2 eat a BAB within 30 minutes of rising
    #4 get as much sunshine and grounding as you can - even on cloudy days
    #5 drink the best water you can afford
    #6 when the sun sets - no artificial lights
    #7 eat epic paleo .....oysters,seafood, eggs, beef, lamb etc.
    #8 C/T
    #9 restrict all devices

Do you have Jack's book?
    Have you measured for nnEMF? the ground too?

I will check out the threads and get back to you

15. Richard Watson

Try to as much as I can, but my valley gets a lot of dawn fogs so dont get to see the actual sunrise as such, I found that's the nicest time to get work done outside.

I wake hungry always, I eat as fast as I get get the fire going. whats a BAB?
    Today was cloudy, that didn't stop me from getting all over solar light. As for grounding, my soles of my feet show the amount of time bare footed, I go shopping like that too, dont care what people think. For winter our wood stove sits on a concrete slab that's built into the earth by 75cm, so its great to sit in front of bare footed on the tiles. Planning to step the earthing further and get a earthing blanket too.

We have access to deep well water that's beside an alpine river, feed by snow melt/rain, would have had very little evaporation. The water that's pipped to nearly every house in the area has the usual crap put in it, so no thanks, stick up ya &*#$.
    Only incandescent lights in our house.

Yep, but I do like what I grow from the garden

Started cold showers a month back morning and night, its our undrinkable ground water, stay under the water till I start getting really chilled which is about 7-8 minutes, I know its not the ice baths but its the best i can do.

Yep, we do

No but I will put that on my bucket list
    No and I dont know anyone with a meter either, be great to be able to hire one, it would be interesting though.

Thanks Caroline :thumbsup:

caroline likes this.
  16. Richard Watson

Ive had a few nights of poor sleeping and I dont know why, I know I am worried about the looming mass vaccination/propaganda program but could it be that its the sky wifi that 'they' have been flat out installing over our heads. Ive had 18 months of much improved sleep since removing the smart meter and getting rid of the wifi from in the house, now i am back to where I was before.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you read the brain gut series Richard? primarily 5&6

18. Richard Watson

Where can I find that Caroline

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

It will be in the blog index On the home page.....but I really struggle to find things there. I will have another look. It used to be a lot easier to find stuff....:(:eek:

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just googled .... The Brain gut series with Dr. Jack Kruse - that seemed to work better