1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Richard's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Richard.B, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Richard.B

Richard.B New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm a 23 years old French guy

I will start by telling you about my family health history :

Mother's side :
    • Great Grandmother & Father : Died of old age without any particular disease (~80 years old)
    • Grand Mother : Died at 50 from ovarian cancer
    • Grand Father : Got depressed after the death of her wife and died from leukaemia one year after at 50
    • One of her two brothers has been diagnosed with colon cancer this year (he is 65) and the doctors are not confident.
    • Mother : Very healthy, I saw her getting sick maybe 3 times since I was born !
    Father's side :
    • No health problem except a bit of hypertension (grand father, father and her sister)
    • They all lived very well until at least 90 and my father still hasn't barely any grey hair at 60 !
    • All men on our side are very lean and we barely put on any weight.
    Since I know that mDNA comes from the mother's side, I wished it was the contrary !

Maternal haplogroup : U5a1

Paternal haplogroup : R-L20

***MTHFR attached***

On a personal side, I lived in Paris for 20 years before moving for studies and currently staying in Strasbourg.

I used to play video games a lot when I was young so I had a huge amount of blue screen time during my childhood.

For the health part, I have a bit of myopia (-2,5), a scoliosis (30°) and had some allergies (pollen allergy) but got treated for it. I wear contacts right now, but soon getting glasses as I read it was better.

Expect from that I never had any particular diseases.

Since I read Jack Kruse's Epi-Paleo, I have been adding seafood to my diet (was barely eating it) and trying to eat fish and especially salmon every other day. Plan on adding oysters but still expensive as a student. Will start the CT Rx that I have been dragging on because I really hate the cold. Trying to mitigate the EMF exposure but it's very hard as I have currently almost no control over it.

And of course, trying to get as much sun as possible.

Before ending I have some questions.

Could someone help me translate the Methylation results as well as what my mDNA implies for me ? I haven't found very good information about it yet.

I can't put any weight and I am very thin (110lbs for 5'4), does this mean I am Leptin resistant ? All men in my family were very lean all their life and I would like to put on some weight

Thanks !

Attached Files:

2. Richard.B

Richard.B New Member

Will be in NOLA from 18th until the 24th of April if some people want to meet up and entangle !

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

welcome

Richard.B likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

welcome Richard....