1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rhode island/ south coast mass ocean dip?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by BeingVenus, Apr 28, 2012.

1. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

Anyone in the area interested in getting an ocean dip group together before it gets warmer? The water is still nice and cool (in the low 50's) and I'd love to go but it's always more fun with enthusiastic company.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Perfect time to do it.....if you do make a sign and journal it and we will do a CT blog on your experiences.

3. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

Again, for anyone interested... I found a group called the Newport polar bears and they meet every Sunday around noon at Eastons beach in Newport, RI. I'll be joining them next Sunday and may start going more regularly to that same beach or one in Warwick during the week if I can work

Out a kid trade off with one of my mom friends. My name's Ashley and I have bobbed brunette hair. See ya in the water!

4. Jim

Jim New Member

Good to know. My in-laws live in Middletown and I may have the opportunity to do this next fall/winter.

5. Jim

Jim New Member

Heading to Middletown for the Memorial weekend. I am excited to be able to CT in the ocean. I plan on going to Second Beach in the mornings before the family events start. I am within walking distance so I may just walk there. I read that the water temp is still in the mid 50's so that will be great. My tap water is now in the 60's.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

post some pics!!!

7. Jim

Jim New Member

OK here you go. The air temp was 62 degrees F at 7:30 AM with a stiff foggy breeze. Water temp felt like it was mid 50's. I stayed in for about 20 minutes. It was great. I was about waist high in the water until the waves came. No lifeguards on duty but a lot of workers getting ready for the opening weekend. I also saw quite a few joggers and dog walkers.

[​IMG]

8. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

Good job!!!

9. Woo Woo Jim! Nice.

10. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Good job Jim!!!