1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

reverse osmosis water

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by motivatedhealthseeker, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Where is everyone buying their reverse osmosis water from?? Is there a well recognized chain that is cost effective and usually carries the RO water in eastern US? Is it better to install a reverse osmosis unit instead?

2. bacon lover

bacon lover New Member

I have been buying spring water for months and would love to have a reverse osmosis filter at home but I don't know if that is ok.

3. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

The biggest deal about maintaining your own RO system is that you need to change the carbon pre-filler on a regular basis, typically every six month so that the RO membrane is protected fromchlorine. Even if you prefer to drink high quality bottled water are you going to use that for cooking, tea, etc.? The retail RO units typically remove 96% of minerals and this applies to fluoride as well. Commercial units remove 98-99%. I would not trust bottled water unless a read a certified analysis or had one done myself.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  4. nicld

nicld Gold

Misty said last night that there will be a blog about water shortly. I hope that a sink mounted unit works good since we have had one for years. I do have well water but it's just high in nitrates and were told to put one in when we bought the house.

5. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I recently got wise to the fact that our cheapest bottled water is RO which is great.Yes it removes minerals but at least the one here gets remineralised.
    Looking forward to the blog though.

6. Thank you guys for replying! I recently saw Glacier water at Walmart but there was no real info posted. I checked the website and supposedly they do use reverse osmosis filration system but I guess you never know when they have changed the filter etc. I guess one could use a TDS meter to see how good the water is but I just want some good clean RO water asap without all these hassles. Where is Dr Kruse getting his RO water that comes in glass bottles? Wouldn't it be just easier to put a unit in the house? So I take it the fridge filters are not enough as they don take out the fluoride? Im drinking like 128 oz of the fridge filtered water daily.

7. Tanya

Tanya Gold

I was thinking about RO, but for now I drink magnetized spring water only, and for cooking I use Big Berkey unit that filters fluoride.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dr. Kruse has his own well ........

9. we also have a well but its not that deep i think. Does anyone know what depth is safe for drinking water? We currently just use the well water for watering the lawn and plants

10. We have a well as well but its not that deep about 40 ft only. I think the guys couldn't go lower as they hit rock. What is the safe depth for drinking water please?

11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I think there is no general answer but very much depends on your geography. A quick qoogle says that wells in Iowa for example have a depth of 40-2'000 ft.
    Also consider what is is at the side. In one of my previous houses I had a underground cistern and an old unused septic tank too close.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

you have to test the water........

13. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

There is no general safe depth. It all depends on the place where you dig/drill. On how far you can drill and on what's in the ground.

As a side note, I was interested in buying a house with an own 97 meters deep well. It seemed good - until I looked at the water analysis. There were HUGE amounts of fluoride in it. Apparently, not the best place to drill deep...

14. Tanya

Tanya Gold

15. hrtgoeson

hrtgoeson New Member

I get my water from Culligan every month. They say it is reverse osmosis. I use it for drinking and cooking.

16. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I have so far failed to find any RO water for sale in the UK, not even on Amazon. Plenty of Filters and some quite cheap but they have to be plumbed in so for now that's not an option. I guess I will just have to stick with the fridge filtered water, it tastes fine.

17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Soo ,I had trouble too asI was looking for a bottle emblazoned with the slogan "Good for you RO water as recommended by Dr Kruse ;) " However what we are really looking for is teh lower profile water,what goes under the name table water. I found mine in a fit of dejection of not being able to find it and settling for the water that has the least fluor and lo and behold the lack of fluor is due to RO filters ...
    Do they still sell Dasani water in the Uk ? Reason I ask is that Coke got a really bad rep for using tap water which they just refined more but the refination they use is RO so just the ticket for us .

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

then use spring water.....its not that big a problem to over come.

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

"Good for you RO water as recommended by Dr Kruse ;) "
    Now I would buy that!

Tanya likes this.
  20. Tanya

Tanya Gold

http://thewaterfilterladysblog.com/2013/01/28/can-ingredients-in-dasani-bottled-water-kill-you/