1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rerun - here I am... and now what?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Andrea, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

I've been experimenting with my meds lately...
    6 weeks or so ago I reduced my daily dose of T3 from 20 mcg to 15 mcg. After about a week my old brain fog and fatigue started coming back. I then increased the amount of kelp I eat more or less every day (in addition to my shrimp breakfast), which seemed to help. Then I struggled with some bloating, which I suppose has to do with the kelp.
    In a couple days I started to feel better, with regard to the brain fog and tiredness. My stomach is still a bit big though. :(

Then, nearly two weeks ago, I reduced my T4 dose, from 25 mcg daily to 25 mcg every other day and about 12 mcg the other days. That's my intention anyway, although I always seem to forget which dose I'm supposed to take... :confused: So far so good, but it's really too soon to tell.

I got some labs taken the other week. My thyroid values are still upside down, with "normal" TSH and very low fT4 and fT3. In fact, T4 and T3 haven't changed significantly since I started tweaking my meds in December. Only TSH has got a little higher.
    My homocysteine has dropped to within the reference values, which I suppose is a good sign. However, my B12 is 719 pmol/l (reference 150-500 pmol/l). I'm not sure what this means, other than that I eat a lot of seafood (and liver). I will assume that high B12 is better than low. Or not?

2. Andrea

Hmmm... There's something weird going on in my home....
    For some reason, chocolate just disappears, without a trace.

I started with the Leptin Rx in November 2013, and after about 2 weeks or so, all my desire to eat anything other than Epi paleo food completely disappeared. Before Christmas, when the consultants at work brought huge amounts of chocolates and sweets, I could sit right next to one of the boxes, with my nose practically inside the box, and feel absolutely no desire to even taste. I felt rather disgusted. The same now that it's season for Easter candy.

But.
    This weekend I wanted to cook a mole beef chili for a friend and myself, so I bought a a bar of nice organic chocolate a couple days ago. And it just disappeared! Yesterday I bought a new one, and it's gone too! And I haven't even cooked that bloody sauce yet. What the $&%#?! is going on here?

Do I have a ghost at home? Or do all those nasty EMFs make chocolate disintegrate? :rolleyes:

3. sooperb

sooperb New Member

What's chocolate? I have the same trouble with Jelly Snakes, now you see them, then you don't! It's a mystery, send for Poirot lol.

4. Gracelind

Gracelind New Member

The Chocolate Monster strikes again!

He's cousin to the Rack Monster that hides in sofas and lures innocent victims --who dare to sit there--down into the depths of slumberland on warm afternoons.

Elusive, both, and rarely seen but their handiwork appears all around us.

5. Andrea

Thank you guys!

I eventually got my my mole sauce done! I only used 1/3 of the... uhmmmm.... n-th chocolate bar that I bought, and, of course, the rest has disappeared without a trace. :oops:

The sauce was very nice and tasty, but I don't think I should cook it ever again. Don't want to have any more encounters with the chocolate monster.
    Comforting is that yesterday, I could sit at work with my nose more or less inside a box with Easter goodies and feel absolutely no desire to have any. Thank heavens - and dr. K. - for the BAB!

6. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I just had a BAB and have also eaten the last of the Ben&Jerry's ice cream I found in the freezer. What a contradiction/ mess I am, a shedload of supplements but can't get motivated to do anything even though the sun is shining and would rather eat sugar than not despite knowing it's baaaaad.

7. Andrea

Something rather unfathomable has happened!

Due to my thyroid issues, I've been feeling cold all the time for years. I've always put on more and more clothes, even in the summer. My feet and hands are always like lumps of ice. And I've always been freezing at night, sometimes waking up from shivering. Even when the temperature in my bedroom has been over 30°C in the summer.

After I started with the Leptin RX and CT, I have gradually noticed some changes...

Now there's been changes in my bedroom too:
    I have turned off the heat in my apartment, including the bedroom. I keep the ventilation in my bedroom open all night (it's basically a plain hole through the outer wall, blowing in air from the outside (now just slightly above freezing at night).
    And I have removed my down duvet and sleep only under my silk duvet cover, wearing a silk night gown.

The last couple nights even that felt unnecessarily hot...
    I quite like my silky stuff, but I'm afraid I will have to start sleeping in the nude. :(

And it's only April, when it's still cold outside at night. What's next? Buying a new, big freezer and sleep inside it during the summer?

Tanya and SeaHorse like this.
  8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yep!
    Sounds like some good positive changes for you!

Don't worry about summer, you will find that you can now tolerate a broader range of temperatures. Though I find that when it is cloudy and I'm not grounded, I have much less tolerance of hot temps.

9. Andrea

"Yep!"? No sugar coating? *Grin*

I suppose you're right. After I reduced the dosage of my T4 med, I have got back my ability to sweat. Haven't been able to do that for years. I'll keep grounding & heat tolerance in mind. Thanks!

10. Andrea

I've been thinking about my breakfasts lately. I've never been a breakfast person, but soon after I started with the BAB's I started to like eating in the morning. And I started to eat more and more. Some time ago I tried to cut down on the proteins and add more fat, but then I couldn't tolerate cold as well. So I increased the proteins (but didn't really decrease the fat...) and things got better.

A typical Rerun breakfast:
    3-4 eggs - either scrambled or fried
    about 150-200 g shrimps
    a couple tablespoons (probably nearly 100 g) coconut oil
    some kelp
    (occasionaly an avocado, mushrooms and/or macadamia nut oil mayo)

Just for fun, I did some math. My breakfast consists of about 120 g of fat and 55 g protein. About 1350 kcal. o_O This is more than I used to eat during an entire day before... And I also have dinner when I come home from work....

Anyway, I measured the ketones in my blood this morning: 0.4 mmol/L.
    Pretty low.

If I eat less for breakfast, I don't feel satisfied and I get hungry too soon.
    I suppose I could try to skip the shrimps or an egg or two and add some more fat though. Maybe it will work better than last time? Should I?

11. Inger

Inger Silver

maybe you need to eat much right now? If you feel great with it why change? I eat a lot at times too... maybe you too need the extra electrons?
    You could try and change and you will know ;)

12. sooperb

sooperb New Member

It's all about experimentation and finding what's right for you isn't it :)?

13. Andrea

Well, I don't feel great. My sleep is still crappy. My muscles get tired and sore after carrying a grocery bag. And I've gained 7 kg the last couple weeks (the trend is definitely up) and have to wear larger pants again -
    I suppose I am losing electrons somewhere, somehow.

I know the answer isn't to eat less, that's not the plan. I just thought I could try to change some proteins for fat.

You're right. Making a change may set me back a little - or it might bring me a bit further on the road.

Enough wining. It's Friday. The sun is supposed to be shining tomorrow. Will see if I can find a cell tower free spot where I can take most of my clothes off for a while...

14. nicld

nicld Gold

I had the same issue. Was always FREEZING, then stuff started changing. I would wake up in the middle of the night roasting and needing to toss all blankets (can't sleep nude either). I don't experience that anymore so I am assuming this hormonally are fixing themselves.

15. Andrea

That sounds good, Nicole! Thanks for sharing!

16. Andrea

Today I decided I didn't want to wait any longer... So I did my first outdoor CT. :)

And friend and I drove to the ocean, enjoyed the sun on the beach for a while, then I took my clothes off and went for it. I was there in the water, enjoying the sunshine and some people passed - wearing seemingly warm clothes. :rolleyes:

I forgot to bring a thermometer, but the weather forecast said it ought to be 9°C (48F). It didn't feel too awful, although I only stayed in for about 10 minutes.

One funny thing is that the last time I dipped myself in the ocean here in Sweden was in August 1986, I believe. I thought it was too cold and I said "never again". For years I've been saying that the ocean needs to be at least 28°C (82F) for me to get in. And now I do it in April, in about 9°C. I must have gone nuts!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Lahelada, nicld and SeaHorse like this.
  17. sooperb

sooperb New Member

You most definitely aren't nuts, you chose, in my opinion, the best feel good factor available :) Today the sun was shining and I was at the beach. Granted I didn't take a dip, the sea was out lol, but I did roll up my trousers and walk barefoot through all the streams and rock pools for at least half an hour. The shallower pools were warm, the big pool at the end of the pier was much deeper and much colder, not too cold to paddle. So sleeves rolled up, trousers rolled up and a breeze I thoroughly ennervated myself. By tonight you will feel glorious, it's not just the cold, or the water or the two together, it's also combined with the fact that you did it. I almost think taking the plunge, both figuratively and literally enhances the success. You feel good because you made the effort and topped up on all that this glorious earth can give if only we bother to access it. Good for you, and a smaller good for me because I managed it two days running lol.

18. Andrea

Oh, yeah! I did it! :D

I was a bit euphoric afterwards... It's not that I would consider long cold showers "normal", but... getting into the ocean, here, in April, is something I've never ever even thought about doing. And my friend, who was there with me (and took the picture in my current avatar), was quite impressed. :)
    Will definitely try to get to the ocean again soon, before it gets... uhmmm... too warm. ;)

Good for you! Dipping one's feet is quite nice, isn't it?
    By the way, I've noticed, that once my legs get slightly numb in the cold water, it's relatively easy to go deeper and deeper, compared to if I do it at once.

19. sooperb

sooperb New Member

"And my friend, who was there with me (and took the picture in my current avatar), was quite impressed. :)"

But not enough to venture in lol?

20. Andrea

LOL! :D
    In fact, he didn't even touch the water with his hand.
    But I was glad that he at least took his shirt off in the sun for a while.