1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rerun - here I am... and now what?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Andrea, Dec 16, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you listened to the last webinar with Jeremy? and the Q&A?

if you want to improve your health and your life ....you really can't afford to miss these - these are epic and I have the feeling we are going to be hugely overwhelmed with what is coming.....Dr. K. never disappoints .... you can take that to the bank!!!

2. Inger

Inger Silver

Ok Rerun, I will tell you how I do we live very close so we will have about the same light and dark hours..

In winter - I use only candles or red salt lamps until sun rises/it gets light. If I need to be in bright artificial light or computer then I use blue blockers until sun rises too. The same when it gets dark. If I have to work outside home... I do my best. That is... I put on the blueblockers as soon as I leave from work if it is dark outside, I use them in the train, when I drive.. etc. At work (waitress) I cannot use blueblockers..lol
    Now I have arranged my life so that I work from home so I have lots of freedom, it is great!
    In summer... I go by the natural light. I sleep with my window wide open, and the curtains away from the window, I want to wake up til the sun shining into my bedroom. My window opens up to east.... That it is kind of light the whole summer all night long does not bother me at all. I never use eye mask or curtains in front of the window because I want to feel the wind blowing... especially in summer when it is warm! Then I keep my balcony door open too so the air circulates

So if you go early to work, I guess you travel a bit? You could use blueblockers until you arrive at your work if it is still dark.

IDK if I do it right but this is how my belly tells me to do and it works great! I sleep so well in summer even if it sun is still shining when I go to bed and it is not dark in my bedroom at all.. go figure.. :)
    I guess we are adapted to it? The more darkness we need in winter!!!! Because it is so dark up here. So I really am strict about artificial lights in winter - I get sooo much darkness. But I love it :)

3. Inger

Inger Silver

might be Rerun... if you are not strict about artificial light in winter.. and you get way less darkness than what you should naturally... maybe that is when you need to make it artificially dark in summer... I really do not know..
    I prefer the natural way tho

4. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

Ok, this I get. :)

The more I read and the more I listen to various podcasts the more confused I get...

Somewhere dr. K. spoke about light - including sunrise and also the blue spectrum - hitting the retina, starting a cascade of things. And to have a BAB within 30 minutes from that moment.
    So I thought no BAB until after sunrise.

I see staring at the lamp as a simulated sunrise. Since I can't get the real deal more than during a few weeks each year, I saw simulating a sunrise as the second best option. Also, at the bottom of one of dr.K.'s blogs, among the recommended products, I've seen a sunrise simulator. Which is what got me on this track.

Yeah. I think I have water somewhat under control now. Magnetism and the photoelectric effect are still not very good. I live in EMF hell. Ok, it’s extreme in any way, but I get some expose at work, and I live in an apartment in a city... I love my job, so changing that will be the last resort. But I am looking for a house further from civilization, with somewhat limited EMF exposure (there are power wires and 3G/4G towers everywhere here, but I'm consciously looking for a house "far enough" from them).

I could go sit on the lawn outside my apartment building - which would be interesting in the winter darkness or rain - although I would need to wear clothes... But I don't think that grounding while being fried by 3G/4G signals and the neighbors' wifi is a good idea. Michael Neuert recommended grounding only in EMF free environments in his webinar the other week.

So serious grounding I can only do on weekends. However, I do touch water pipes (grounded) and such every now and then, to bring down my charge to that of the earth.

No, I haven't. The webinars start at 2 am my time, and even though I don't sleep very well at that time I try to stay in bed, have my eyes closed and rest. It seems that there will be no replays of the last webinars, so I'm not sure I will be able to ever listen to it. :(

5. Andrea

Thank you, Inger!

Ok, blue blockers on when it's dark, both in the afternoon and in the morning. But… Should I wait with the BAB until after sunrise? That would be pretty awful, having to wait until like 10 am or so during the winter...

I can't wear my Uvex protection glasses to work though. People already see me as an... uhmmm... "unusual" person o_O although they are polite enough to be quite quiet about it. But blue blockers would be going a bit too far. I could as well wear a tin foil hat. :D

So, basically, you are exposed to the entire light spectrum, including blue light, all night... Hmmm... I'm not saying you are doing it wrong, but this is one of the things that make me so confused. Wouldn't there be a problem with melatonin secretion and then the whole circadian cycle when one is exposed to the full light spectrum day and night?

I can say that before I started paying attention to these things, I sat in front of my TV or computer until I went to bed, I ate food basically until I went to bed as well – and I always slept well. Curtains or not in the summer. I've never had sleep problems in my life - until I got started with the Leptin Rx, CT, blue blockers etc.

I haven't dared to use blue blockers when driving, because my night vision isn't perfect anymore, and my eyes need all the light they can get - and the blue blockers block more than only blue light.

Maybe! I do prefer the natural way too, but for the time being it's quite impossible. One day, when I have a cottage in the forest or at least on the countryside, I believe it will be much, much easier.

6. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I've wondered about day length too. I thought that if we should go to bed with the light then in winter we would be in bed by 4pm and not getting up until 8am the next morning, that could be 16 hours! The opposing factor is bed not until 10.30pm and up again at 3.30 am in the morning, two extremes for sure. It doesn't seem doable to me.

Another ridiculous thing I read today was about oil pulling, apparently we should do it in the morning before eating for at least 20 minutes or better 30 mins. Who has that kind of time available in the morning, not to mention the state of the oil after being swished about for so long?

There seem to be a few contradictions around the 3 legged stool.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I always do oil pulling when I jump in the shower - or getting dressed ........ you should spit it out into the garbage and then rinse your mouth out.

You should always get outside - even if it isn't sunny.......
    Can you get outside at lunch time and walk barefooted?

why do you care what others think? think of all the abuse that Jack took from the paleo community.......

8. Inger

Inger Silver

Rerun Jack has blogs on sleeping issues and why they are... have you been reading all his blogs? I think there were some pretty recent ones hitting the sleeping issues... but I think many blogs does.
    Looks like our neolithic lives mess up with us... or how was it again ;)

I would do what I can. I would not wait with the BAB in winter until sunrise but you could try... lol For me it has worked well to eat BAB in winter around 7-8 AM

Yeah we should not care too much about what others think.. ;) but I do believe in being polite and nice and paying attention to others and not eat raw bloody liver in front of someone it makes feel bad.. ;)
    I even used a tinfoil hat at work...hahaha.. but it was more for fun, just being in the kitchen. One guy at work even designed a nice one for me lol. (it was before I realized / learned tinfoil hats might not be a good idea) Sure I could not use that when waitressing in the restaurant. We had lots of fun with my colleagues... :D gosh they loved to see what I had for lunch! And then they said stuff like... yuck...! iiii how can you eat this.. raw meat? But it was in such a nice way, and they said to me they sure believed it was the healthiest way to eat as I always was so healthy and full of energy but said they just could not do it...

9. sooperb

sooperb New Member

" said they just could not do it..."

Isn't that life's biggest stumbling block, the self-imposed restriction? If your life depended on it, would you still be standing around saying I can't? I've tried all sorts of things in the past, eaten unbelievable crud because I was told that was the "way" to lose weight. Not any more. I may not like oysters but I'm going to keep on trying them, I never thought I could get in to a bath of cold water AND sit in it for 45 minutes but I have. You are your only limitation, we need to set our default to override lol and just get on with it.

10. Inger

Inger Silver

So true Sue ^^...!

You are your only limitation... Wow - I love this :)

11. Andrea

Ok, so I made an experiment over the weekend. 3 mornings more or less without artificial light, and the moments I had to use a lamp I wore my blue blockers. The weather has been gray and it's been raining, so there was no real sunrise to look at - as most of the time around here.
    I had my breakfast at around 6 am, before sunrise, but I couldn't finish it. I only ate about 2/3 of what I normally eat. And my brain has been exceptionally slow until noon. Yesterday I even took a nap before noon and another one in the afternoon.
    Then I got hungry at 3 pm, and when I finally had dinner at 4-5 pm I was insatiable. Not a very fun weekend...

Exactly my point!
    You will have swallowed most of the oil and swish about mainly your saliva. :)

I admire Jack for what he has done and I have the uttermost respect for him. But my personality is different. Maybe one day, I may change. But not now.

I haven't read all the blogs. Far from. But I'm working on it... although slowly. Any one special you can recommend?

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Of course RR - you are a special person ...and you need to work on your own n=1

Just take it slow and see what is working for you and what isn't .....

Have you read Jeremy's story?

13. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Where is Jeremy's history Audrey?

"You will have swallowed most of the oil and swish about mainly your saliva."
    Gross. That makes a nonsense of it, the idea is, so I've read, that the oil pulls out all the gunk and bacteria from between your teeth and under your gums, if you then swallow it seems a pointless exercise, especially if it takes 20 minutes minimum? Quite honestly I think the claims for it's efficacy are far in excess of the possible. Just my view of course.

14. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I tried it. Nowhere near as grim as I thought lol. I used Audrey's suggestion of doing it in the shower so probably only for 10 minutes. Hmmm, not sure it's revitalised me in any way but I will try it again, possibly before the dentist tomorrow lol.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

You must not swallow!!

go to Jeremy's Blog .... and Jack's new blog is basically inspired by and about Jeremy.

16. Andrea

Not so gross. You have saliva in your mouth all the time... :cool:
    Anyway, it's not bad to get out stuff from between the teeth. Since oil is more viscous than water, it ought to work better than plain water to do that.
    But I don't understand why one shouldn't swallow it. First, I doubt anyone can go swishing a fluid around in their mouth for 20 or 30 minutes without swallowing any of it. Second, if you're using a healthy oil (which I suppose one should when doing this) what's the harm in swallowing it? Yes, the gunk from your mouth and from between your teeth is suspended in the oil, but that's stuff that you have eaten, it just got stuck in the mouth and didn't reach the gut.

I would drown if I were to keep my mouth closed and only breathe through my nose in the shower... :eek:
    Why not swish some oil in your mouth before breakfast, so that less stuff gets stuck?
    And possibly some more after breakfast to remove the stuff that might have got stuck between the teeth?

17. sooperb

sooperb New Member

That's a lot of swishing lol. Do you swish a lot then? I totally agree about the shower btw, my nose isn't the best for breathing in, not that you'd think that if you saw how big it is, I've been accused of getting more than my fair share ;) I have trouble breathing when I stick my face under the cold shower, the water seems to find its way into my nose and mouth which shortens the duration.

On a plus note, at my dental check up this morning the dentist said my oral hygiene is excellent. Woo hoo, got something right for a change.

18. Andrea

Haha! No, I don't do much swishing. Very rarely, actually, and for a few minutes only. When I decide to do it, I try to do it in the morning, before breakfast. I imagine that gunk builds up somewhat less easily on glossy teeth. :D

But I did some swishing before I went to my dental hygienist a few months ago, to remove any potential stuff from between my teeth.

19. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I used to floss until I got my water jet gadget, it's so much easier, quicker and more efficient.

20. Andrea

These things look so funny! I'm sticking with floss though, it doesn't take many seconds anyway.