1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rerun - here I am... and now what?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Andrea, Dec 16, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

2. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

I've done some water testing now.
    A couple days with regular tap water: I drink less and pee more.
    Then distilled water again: I drink much more and pee less frequently.

But is it the water or is it just my head that's playing with me? :confused: I wish I could do a blind test, having someone give me water, without me knowing what kind of water it is...

Anyway, I visited my parents not far from the east coast this weekend. Dad and I went to the sea to have a walk on the beach. The water temperature is around 5°C (40F), but I couldn't help taking my FiveFingers off, rolling my pants up and walking with my feet in the water. How nice and relaxing that was! Wish I could do that more often.
    When we got back to the car, dad wondered if my feet hadn't frozen to ice... He soon found out that my feet were much warmer than his hand! :D
    Had a couple nice cold showers at their house too. The water temperature in their shower is 10°C (50F), but it doesn't really feel worse than my own shower water, which is 16°C. But their house, unfortunately, is an EMF hell. :(
    It pains me to see how they live and how they eat, and I now see (partly, anyway) why they have the problems/illnesses they have. I'm afraid their future is not very bright and long, but there's not much I can do. Maybe if I manage to get well one day, they could be open for suggestions from me. But for the time being... My mom still thinks that gluten intolerance is an imaginary illness... Enough said.

3. sooperb

sooperb New Member

My husband thinks EMF concerns are all nonsense and that anyone who thinks they impact are crazy, he also thinks there are more food allergies than people could possibly have and no one in their right mind would take a cold shower if they didn't have to lol. It's not about him though, it's about me. If he wants to shorten his life I'm happy to still be around and spend his pension ;) Probably on a magnetico.

Starfish Prime and nicld like this.
  4. Andrea

Exactly!

LOL! Go, girl! :)

As for Magnetico, I recently bought a new bed, as a preparation for getting a Magnetico. My old bed was pretty soft and lately I tended to roll into the same spot all the time. Now I have a much firmer bed with a memory foam topper. Quite nice and comfy, although I've had to turn the heat off in my bedroom completely and I throw my blanket away some time during the night.
    But. My sleep is still as crappy as before. I still wake up after 4-5 hours. I did that at my parents' as well. Interestingly though, I don't feel tired. Not when I wake up and not later during the day (and I don't drink coffee or tea). Until the evening.

5. sooperb

sooperb New Member

We have a waterbed at present. It's about 13 years old and although I like it a lot, I feel it's past its best and we should change it. OH loves it, largely because it's heated, I have started turning the heater off before I get in it and I still get hot and have to throw off the covers. I'd like a new bed with a memory foam mattress, we have one in our weekend home and it's so comfortable. Funny thing though, I've tried lots of memory foam pillows and I can't make them work for me at all, mostly they are too thick, I only use one pillow and it has to be a soft feather. I hate broken nights and I've had plenty, mostly I tend not to be too tired when I finally get up but sometimes I just want to sit down and doze off. I try not to, I think it just sets me up for another less than optimal sleep.

A magnetico sounds great but it's a bit investment, it's a pity there isn't somewhere you can go and spend a night or two on one to see how you like it lol.

6. Andrea

Oh, pillows! That's a whole story by itself. I have several pillows: two different memory foam pillows, one thin soft down pillow and one thick and heavy down pillow. I use them all, periodically. All of a sudden the one I'm using becomes uncomfortable, so I start using one of the others. That one works fine for several weeks, but then I have to change again. For the time being I'm sleeping without a pillow...

Thinking about it, I don't think I have been tired in the morning upon waking up for a long long time, if ever. I have no idea how it feels to be tired in the morning. I've "always" been one of those obnoxious morning people, always waking up early and being most clear in my head in AM. At my previous job I used to enjoy getting to work at 6 am. :)
    It's just that now I wake up at around 1 am - and I'm obnoxiously alert.

Yeah! At least they ought to have a reseller or something in Europe. If they shipped a whole container of sleep pads to Europe, the shipment cost would go down quite a bit. From the US the shipment costs nearly 40% of what the sleep pad costs. I do understand they are bulky and heavy, but still.... More than $1000 for shipping?!

7. sooperb

sooperb New Member

"but still.... More than $1000 for shipping?!"

I know, sniff, I'd have had one by now otherwise (I can be a tad impulsive lol). Plus I suspect they'd have to alter the orientation of the magnets and thus far I don't think many people are aware of them even so shifting a container load might be tricky. Dr. Bonlie sounds like a decent bloke but he's probably not much of a businessman so exploring a European market is possibly on his to do list but not any time soon lol. Just like the Juil shoes, $80+ a pair and the same for shipping but they won't ship fewer than 6 pairs. It's such a shame because thus far, their shoes and sandals are the best I've seen but I'm not going to pay that much. Hey ho, maybe there's a business opportunity there somewhere lol.

8. Andrea

I don't think Magnetico will ever have a distributor in Europe. They seem to have the idea that someone would purchase sleep pads in bulk from Magnetico in the States, have them shipped to their site in Europe (paying for the shipment, of course) and then sell them off to Europeans. Can't say I'm tempted...

I too am impulsive. Especially in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Last night I bought canned oysters online. Kinda didn't have anything better to do. One of these days, a Magnetico will probably pop up at my front door... ;)
    As for the oysters, fresh ones cost more than 2 EUR each here. And sometimes they're not even fresh. Well, at least I didn't find those greenish things in shells that broke to pieces very appetizing... So smoked canned ones seemed like a good idea.

9. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Epicure used to do canned oysters, not smoked, but they don't anymore. I can buy frozen oysters that don't seem too expensive but I am not a fan of them raw so I'd be looking for recipes, not too difficult we have many cookbooks lol.

Fresh ones aren't as expensive as yours though, where are you?

10. nicld

nicld Gold

So I am not the only one who does that :D. I have so many different pillows that the hubby just shakes his head. He can sleep with one until it is almost flat.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

a cannister is pretty cheap to move large cargo. There is a business op here for the capitalist.

caroline, Josh and Shijin13 like this.
  12. Andrea

I'm in Sweden. The 2 EUR oysters are said to be from France. Swedish oysters cost even more.
    I ordered my smoked ones in can from the States, and the oysters themselves are from South Korea, which made me hesitate quite a bit, but I've read on a couple places (including this forum) that they seem quite ok... Canned or frozen oysters or don't seem to exist here, so I gave it a go...

So I'm not alone in this? Sometimes I feel a bit nuts, when a pillow that I've been using for a while suddenly doesn't work for me anymore...

Interested? :)

13. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I'm pretty sure we have canned smoked oysters, made by a firm called John West, shipping from the States seems a bit expensive. I'll investigate and see if they are available cheaper here.

14. Andrea

Actually, shipping from the States is not necessarily expensive. Every now and then I order stuff from www.iherb.com. They have all sorts of things... The shipping cost to Europe is $4 (for up to 1.8 kg, I think).
    If you use my code - AJA892 - you will get a discount on your first purchase; $10 if you order for $40 or more, $5 if you order for less.

Shipping from the UK to the mainland often costs half a fortune!

15. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I think I've used iHerb, I suspect they have a European distributor? There's certainly an iHerb.co.uk where all the prices are in sterling rather than dollars? I'm always concerned about customs and Vat being added on if you order above the £18 limit which is very easy to do lol. I know I order from a company called Health Monthly a lot, not a hint that they're not in the UK but all their orders are dispatched from Gibraltar. No postage over £40 but everything is despatched in a separate bag! I once ordered seven items, they all came separately! I baulk at the wastefulness of the bags and labels etc., but it must have something to do with avoiding duty.

16. Andrea

I don't think iHerb.co.uk exists. But on iHerb.com you can pick which currency you like. Nevertheless, they are in the States...

I know about the duties and VAT. Here in Sweden, the customs normally don't bother to deal with shipments where the VAT is less than about 10-11 EUR. So far, when I have ordered from iHerb, the value has been at around $50 at most, and our customs have let each package through. Getting things from iHerb, even in several packages, is far cheaper than similar things from Sweden. Even the shipment cost itself is far cheaper than from any online shop in Sweden!

17. Andrea

What has happened since my last update?
    Not much, I suppose... I'm still drinking my distilled water, about 3.5 liters a day and sometimes more, and I'm still peeing less than when I was drinking tap water - and drank less. The downside is that any other "normal" water tastes weird now...
    I have invested in a home distiller which makes 3.5-4 liters per batch, so I run one batch per day, and possibly one extra in the weekends. Nice to have my own "water well". :)

cantweight likes this.
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Popping in to say "Hi". How are you?

19. Andrea

Thanks for looking by! :)

I'm a bit confused. About light, circadian rhythm and all.
    During the winter months the sun rises sometime in late AM hours, and sets at around 3-4 PM. But I have a normal full time job, which requires that I leave home soon after 6 AM and I get back home at around 5 PM. In some podcast or webinar with dr.K. I think I heard him say that the best thing is to get up at sunrise, stare into the sun and have a BAB within 30 minutes from that moment. And in the evening, after sunset, no blue light.
    Sounds simple. But this is not very possible for me!

This winter, I have often been awake way too early, so I've been wearing my blue blockers until 5 AM, when it's a more decent time to wake up. At 5 AM I have removed the blue blockers and stared into my brightest lamp for a while. And taken my thyroid meds. Within 30 minutes I've had my BAB.
    In the afternoon, I've put on the blue blockers after getting home.

Good or bad?

Now, the seasons are changing. I still get up before sunrise, but soon it will be the other way around. And now it's light outside when I go to bed; I don't need to turn the lights on at home. The only thing emitting blue light in my apartment is my computer screen, but most days I turn the computer off at around 7 PM.

So... Do I wear blue blockers in the evening all summer? Or only when there's artificial blue light around? Should I wear an eye patch while sleeping (since it's light much of the night)? And... Was my winter procedure bad?

I just don't get it...

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I would suggest ... you need to wear the eye patch when going to bed - you want total darkness. You don't need the blue blockers if it is still light out - only around fake lite and EMF.

why are you staring at a bright light??? you need to get outside as soon as the sun starts to come up. Please do more reading on circadian cycles ......Have you read the "Rolex" blog?

You need to pay attention to Mother Nature .....that is what is going to make you well.

the three legged stool....
    water, magnetism and the photoelectric effect.

can you have your BAB outside? with as little clothes as possible and bare footed.....