1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rerun - here I am... and now what?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Andrea, Dec 16, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

That is very cold water you were in! Dr. K. recommends 50 to 54F. You need to take care. That is deep C/T and only for experienced people...
    Have you listened to the webinars?

Ae you reading Dr. K's blogs?

2. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

Yeah, I guess. I feel sort of "comfortably numb" when I CT - and when I dipped my feet in the ocean. My feet didn't really hurt, they just got numb. My fear at that point was that I was going to hurt myself when jumping over a few rocks to safety, when I couldn't feel anything in my feet.
    "Baptism of ice" - I like that! Lol! That will have to be my goal for next winter! :)

I have been thinking about it. But I'm so confused. I got my thyroid labs last week and my T4 and T3 (both free and total) are very low, so it feels counter intuitive to decrease my doses, which otherwise would be the most logic step.
    My labs tell me that the meds aren't working for me. If I understand it correctly, if I have inflammation in my body, most of the T4 and T3 are transformed to rT3 - which would explain my low serum T3 levels, and also that I'm not feeling great. If this is the case, increasing my doses would probably help for a brief moment, but it would worsen my condition in the long run. But maybe I should decrease my doses anyway? Which one - T4 or T3? Or both at once?

Thanks! Grounding outside and barefeet is tricky, since the temperature is only around freezing. And I am an oddball at work already, wearing Vibram FiveFingers all year, and now when it's cold I'm wearing only a t-shirt and maybe thin rain jacket, so I don't want to appear even more weird. But, thinking about it, even though the FiveFingers aren't made to be grounding, they ought to be grounding anyway. Mostly, this time of the year, the ground is wet and the FiveFingers don't stay completely dry inside - so water inside the shoe, water through the material of the shoe and water outside the shoe -> grounding. Not as good as swimming in the ocean, but at least something.
    Will have to find a conifer tree to hug... Do I need to get undressed when hugging it? :D
    And thanks for reminding me, I need to get out for a walk on my lunch break. I don't eat anyway, so I can spend all my break walking outside.
    And the Redox Rx is good! I'm doing what I can...

I know it's cold. Too cold. At least for me, at this point. I asked about it in a separate thread and got some good replies there. This time I didn't intend to do a full body dip, but I still wanted to see what it feels like. I haven't listened to the deep CT webinar yet, but I will sooner or later. It's not my highest priority right now. First I want to try to catch up on the blogs and get used to longer CT sessions.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yep - hug a conifer naked! That is what Jack would do - I have no doubt!

You need, need, need to understand the redox RX .... We all do

I wonder about your vibrams. - would a pair of leather soled shoes not be better? Just asking...

Are you doing the free 90 day optimal reset? There is a webinar tomorrow.

What is your non native EMF exposure? So sorry if I am repeating myself...

4. Andrea

Don't apologize! On the contrary, thank you!

Hmmm... I'm ok with hugging a tree naked. But... I can't do that at work, really... :eek: And I can't do it in the city where I live either... It will have to be a weekend thing then, until I find myself a house out of town.

I'm not sure leather soled shoes are so much better at grounding than my thin-soled-not-so-dry-FiveFingers.
    And as I've been wearing FiveFingers only for quite some time now, I find normal shoes with thicker sole and/or toes together uncomfortable. Another option I have for grouding is using my work shoes (heavy sneakers type of shoes). At work we have sensitive equipment which could be damaged by static electricity, so when we're anywhere close we wear antistatic shoes, that is, grounding shoes. But again, I find this type of shoes really uncomfortable.

As for my non native EMF exposure, it's actually better than I feared. I've been measuring RF around my apartment and office, and the main culprits are my computer monitors. And my cell phones, which I try to keep far away from myself. There's wifi all around my apartment, there's a 3g tower close to my office, etc., but these don't seem to do much with the microwave spectrum near me. But, of course, there are other frequencies as well. I really am looking for a house far enough from civilization, so that I can at least somewhat control my environment when I'm not at work.

And yes, I'm on the 90 day optimal reset. Unfortunately, the webinars start at 2 am my time, so I can't participate and only listen to them afterwards. There's pretty much info there, but since English isn't my first language, I'd need to listen to them several times to understand all that's being said. Reading text in my own pace is much easier for me.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  5. caroline

caroline Moderator

I was joking about hugging a tree naked! that would tickle! :rolleyes:

I would love to see your face........

6. sooperb

sooperb New Member

You know I am soooo impressed with the non-native members who write our language so amazingly well, I applaud them all.

Rerun have you thought about toe sox? Usually made from cotton so they ground? I moved from ordinary socks to toe sox and loved them but now I'm a no socks person, my feet are seldom cold and I only wear socks with my walking boots and I'm not sure why. I might try without at the weekend. Leather is fine for grounding but I suspect would wear out quite quickly.

7. Andrea

Actually, I wear toe socks in my FiveFingers now that it's cold. But wearing socks inside shoes doesn't solve my problem. I've had low arches all my life, always being told to always wear shoes. Then, about 13 years ago, I badly injured one of my feet, extended and damaged the ligaments, and when I stood on it it only had a vaguely footlike shape... The doctors' verdict was to always wear soft but firm shoes and specially made insoles. Never ever walk barefoot. That's what I did for years. But then it hit me - do they really KNOW that's the right thing to do? And I started to try to walk barefoot (well, wearing socks) as much as I could. After a while I realized that I didn't feel any undefined pain from my hips, knees and feet, which I had taken for granted before. So I started wearing the FiveFingers and that's where I am now.
    I had my feet scanned on a "foot scanning machine" recently, by the way, and my arches are now considered normal. And both my feet look quite alike, like normal feet. :)

So, socks or no socks - I want to be more or less barefoot.

8. Andrea

Haha! Sure you would!
    Now I'm trying to get rid of the image that I have in my head of dr.K. hugging a conifer naked...

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Jack did talk about climbing around in his underwear ..... pictures are never forth coming ... especially since he now seems to love pictures so much! what is good for the ganders is apparently not so for the goose ...is that how that saying goes???

How are you going?

10. Andrea

Underwear? Bah! What a wuss... ;)

As for myself...
    Well... I have started to see a pattern. First, for two weeks my appetite and cold tolerance gets better and better. Then, for two weeks, both decrease. Guess what, my period comes just before I hit bottom. Not sure what this really means yet...

Anyway, I have decided to decrease the dose of my meds. I agree with you on that I eat stuff from the sea so maybe I should do something with my medication. My labs are upside down, saying that I'd rather ought to increase the dose, but I already know that that doesn't work. Thus I'm decreasing it instead. So the other day I decided to cut down a little on my T3 med. It's easier to do pracically than to cut down on T4, and I should see the consequences quite soon.

And my sleep is still crappy. I fall asleep nicely in the evening. But I wake up after 4 hours. 5 if I'm very lucky. This happens both when I sleep at home and somewhere else, so the problem has to be within me.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

I would guess you have an EMF problem somewhere.....

12. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I'm not surprised at the advice not to walk barefoot. So much advice was well meant but not based on anything other than what I supposed they called common sense, if you didn't walk barefoot then you couldn't do any more damage. My OH berates me all the time for not having shoes on, I have told him he should try it, he just answers my doctor said I shouldn't because of my diabetes. That's the same doctor who insists he needs to take statins despite having no heart problems or in his family.

13. Andrea

No kidding? :(
    Still wonder about the mechanism with my sex hormones though...

Common sense... Yeah, well... Too bad everyone, including doctors, believe something is true just because everyone believes in it. For the last few years, when I hear "it's good for you" and such, I quickly start to think about how I can do the opposite...

As for statins, doctors have to prescribe them - how else are Big Pharma supposed to make lots and lots of money?
    Even for me, a female, my cardiologist wants me on statins. Actually, I'm seeing my 3rd cardiologist who wants me to eat statins. This last one, at least, is aware of the fact that statins don't have any proven beneficial effect on females, but I should eat them anyway. My standard reply now is "I'd rather die quickly in a heart attack than have the dubious pleasure of dying slowly from cancer..."

14. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Aye to that Rerun! I went to a cardiology appointment, trying to get to the bottom of my palpitations and arrythmia. Almost the first words out of the doctor's mouth were, "You cholesterol is high, you should take statins". My mouth just spoke without any prompting from me, honest, "I don't think so". He didn't say any more but when the outcome letter arrived it was mentioned that I'd declined lol. The next one along I saw said he thought he would prescribe me aspirin, I suggested he didn't bother as so far we don't know what, if anything, is the matter with me. He agreed to wait until after some more tests. Big of him eh!

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Dr. Kruse does tell us to take the script and put it our pockets..... Docs have to write a certain amount of them...but you don't have to fill it......

16. sooperb

sooperb New Member

True but if we want our medics to know that we can think for ourselves and aren't afraid to speak out, taking a script but not filling it is anathema to me. I think our medics get paid per consultation rather than the issuing of scripts.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

As I said .... Docs have to write a certain amount of them .... they are in a tough spot too.

My Doc can't order an IGF1 very often - maybe 1 a year .... medicare comes down on him like a ton of bricks! Even then - in his notes he has to justify, justify, justify.

My Doc totally gets all of this and loves to hear what Jack has to say ..... but his reality is a little different.

He just hasn't got time to read all this stuff - no matter how much he wants to .....but he does listen and learn and very open to going along with me [andJack}

18. Andrea

All my adult life (at least), I've had quite some drinking problems...
    But I've been working on it lately.

Most days I drank about 0.5 liters of water. Some days even less. Rarely felt thirsty.

Lately, I've upped my water intake and for the last couple weeks I've been able to get down slightly more than 3 liters each day. And I've been peeing like crazy!
    They say that the tap water in my country is good. And I suppose it is far better than many other countries. I've looked at the water analysis report of my local tap water and it really doesn't look bad; all values are within the limits. Fluoride is less than 0.1 mg/l, pH around 8. The chloride level isn't very high either, even though the water does taste chloride, in my oppinion, anyway. Some metals, like aluminum, manganese, iron and copper have relatively high readings in some of the samples, but still below what's allowed or not far off, and on average they're far below the limits.

Anyway, I have been drinking only distilled water the last 3 days. Suddenly, I don't pee as much. It's difficult to compare... :rolleyes: but I would guess that I now pee less than half of what I did before. Not as frequently either.

Hmmm... Has my body got used to this amount of water all of a sudden, or does this change depend on a change in the water chemistry? I suppose I now should start drinking normal tap water again to see if I start peeing a lot again... Sigh.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

only drink spring or R/O water .....

20. Andrea