1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rerun - here I am... and now what?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Andrea, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

How ironic...

I visited some people I know this weekend. Within a few hours of arrival it felt like my face was on fire. The skin was red and dry. Actually, the skin got pretty dried out all over my body.
    EMF? Well, they have 2 smartmeters in their house, a microwave oven they cook half their food in, an induction stove, wifi, iPhones and iPads all over the place, DECT phones, wireless transfer of TV signals all over the house, etc, etc, etc. You name it, they got it. We spent the evening in front of the TV...

I'm still not up to telling others too much about what I'm doing, so I didn't bring my ridiculously looking blue blocker glasses with me. Otherwise I've been using them everyday at home.

Dinner about 2 hours before bedtime, by the way.
    Eventually, I went to bed. Fell asleep quickly and slept like a baby for over 8 hours. I haven't slept this well for months!

Sometimes, I just want to give up. :(
    Could I have some funny mutation that makes me function better in a world full of EMF and blue light 24/7?

2. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I expect your relief was from spending time with friends, not having to explain yourself and possibly relaxing :) All this is new and exciting but it can also be a battle when you are being heckled from the sidelines by unbelievers or even family, it takes a lot of energy to keep going. Maybe also, these changes don't have instant effects and your body just switched back because of the environment and your psyche was happy to go along with that. Concentrate on the bonus, you had a good sleep, some of us would swop.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Always, always remember that this journey isn't linear. I am almost three years in and still noticing changes .......

4. Andrea

I’m sorry to be whining again, but things do seem to get worse now. It started a couple weeks ago with CT becoming more and more unpleasant. Now, I find myself freezing most of the time, and especially at home in the evenings. Also, it feels like my brain has slowed down a little.

I’ve been thinking about it and I’ve realized that my appetite has decreased quite a bit lately.

It reminds me a lot about the time I had my low thyroid issues, before I got my medication. Back then, I didn’t have much appetite at all. I know that calories in themselves don’t matter, but to give you a picture... If I only ate after my appetite, I would eat about 600-700 kcal a normal day (and gain weight!)
    Later on, when I was on T4 supplements and added T3 supplements as well, my appetite increased. I stopped feeling so bloody cold all the time, the brain fog disappeared, I had more energy and I even lost some weight.

So what’s happening now?

I’m not hungry in the morning, but I try to eat anyway. I eat more fat than proteins for breakfast since fat is easier for me to get down.
    Yesterday, for instance, I ate 2 eggs and maybe 5 tablespoons coconut oil plus some kelp for breakfast. I wasn’t really hungry when I got home from work, but as I was feeling cold I decided to eat anyway. I had 100-150 g of shrimps, half an avocado and a tablespoon of mayo. I literally forced myself to eat all that, because if I hadn’t done that, I would have ended up wearing warm sweaters and socks and extra blankets all evening (been there, done that).

I measured my temperature when I woke up last night; it was at 36.0°C (96.8F). However, I wasn’t feeling cold at that time - on the contrary, actually. Before I started with the T4 and T3 meds, my night temperature used to be 35.5°C (95.9F) or sometimes less and I often woke up freezing and shivering, no matter how warm it was in my bedroom. With the help of the meds my night temp got up to 36.5°C (97.7F) and I stopped waking up freezing.

So what is going on? Why am I getting so much worse, when things started so well with both Leptin Rx and CT?

5. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Feeling the cold excessively to others in the same environment is one of the pointers to hypothyroidism. Maybe it's time to get your actual thyroid checked out, maybe it's grinding to a halt or there's something else amiss.

6. Andrea

Yeah... These are my old symptoms coming back, after two years of feeling better.
    In fact, I have an appointment with my endocrinologist in a few days. I just haven't figured out how to convince him to run more tests than TSH, T4 and T3...

7. sooperb

sooperb New Member

There is a poster on here who is in the UK, SeanB4 I think it is, who was able to persuade his GP to run some tests that aren't considered the norm. I asked him how he achieved it and he said that you should prepare your argument before you go, be able to back up why you want the tests and be persuasive and convincing.

8. Andrea

I suppose, thanks! Although I guess one has to be gentle enough at the same time - I can't imagine a doctor enjoying being lectured up by a patient.
    I've been going through the lab section in dr. K's book, the hormone 101 & 102 blogs, the DHEA CPC blog etc. all morning and now my head is spinning... :rolleyes: Need to read more though...

9. Andrea

Oh, by the way, I've finally had a positive experience to write about again.

Since I started on my low carb/high fat diet a couple years ago, my periods became pretty regular, which they definitely haven't been all my life. The downside of it is that they are accompanied by awful, incapacitating cramps and pain the first 1-2 days. I rarely take painkillers, but for this I really have to.

Anyway, the other night I woke up at 1 am and this delightful pain was developing. I walked to the freezer and took out a couple freezer blocks, went back to bed and put them on my belly. Some time later I woke up again, pain free, rolled over on my stomach with the blocks under my belly and I didn't wake up until 5 am. Wow! I actually slept longer and better than I have for some time!

I woke up pain free and the pain hasn't returned, so I haven't had to take even one of my pills this time.

Maybe I should bring a frozen leg of lamb to bed after all? Hit myself in the head to fall asleep quickly, cuddle during the night - and have breakfast in bed? :)

10. sooperb

sooperb New Member

That is indeed a plus. I have a granddaughter who was once taken to hospital she was in such pain with her menstruation. I will pass your experience on, she's still only 14 so has a lot of years in front of her. Funny isn't it, they always recommended a hot water bottle in my day :)

11. Andrea

That sounds awful! Poor thing! I can say that the ice packs helped me with my pain. Also, I didn't bleed as much as otherwise, which I don't feel too bad about. I will definitely do it again.
    The hot water bottle felt nice, indeed, but it didn't help, really, did it?

12. Andrea

Ok... So I have met my endocrinologist, which was an... interesting experience...
    Here are my latest labs, all from serum, number in () is the reference value:

Potassium: 4.3 mmol/L (3.6-4.6)
    Sodium: 136 mmmol/L (137-145)
    Creatinin: 73 µmol/L (45-90)
    Bilirubin: 8.8 µmol/L (5-35)
    ALP: 1.2 µkat/L (0.6-1.8)
    ASAT: 0.40 µkat/L (0.25-0.60)
    ALAT: 0.36 µkat/L (0.15-0.75)

T4: 47 nmol/L (66-181)
    Free T4: 6.4 pmol/L (12-22)
    T3: 0.91 nmol/L (1.3-3.1)
    Free T3: 2.4 pmol/L (3.1-6.8)

TSH: 0.90 mIU/L (0.3-4.2)
    Hb: 143 g/L (117-153)

HDL: 2.5 mmol/L (1.0-2.7)
    LDL: 9.7 mmol/L (1.4-4.7) (this value is measured, not calculated)
    Trigl.: 0.84 mmol/L (0.45-2.6)
    ApoA1: 1.9 g/L
    ApoB: 2.4 g/L
    ApoB/ApoA1: 1.3

The only thing he could offer me was some different sort of test for T4 and T3 (he spoke about interference) - mainly to prove that I am in fact fine. He did react a little when I spoke of my crappy sleep, and offered to take a "morning cortisol" test from serum (I'm not sure what it's supposed to show, since I wake up at 1-2 am and do whatever I do, before I rush to the crowded tram to the hospital at 8 am). Any other test is irrelevant (!?).
    He said some other shocking things and it's needless to say that I'm not going to see this so called doctor again. I'm not sure if I should do these last tests, maybe, but I will definitely not go see him personally.

Anyway, looking at these labs, even without other important labs, it's no wonder I'm not well.
    The question is what do I do? I've already played around with my doses of synthetic T4 and T3, and doses I take now are probably as "optimal" as they can be. Taking more or less of either one makes me feel worse.

I know I have to move from my apartment in the city; I am looking for a house without too much civilization too close, but unfortunately, this doesn’t happen from one day to the next. I do what I can to reduce EMF at home. And, of course, I wear blue blockers after the sun has set.

I’m trying to force myself eat more; I eat shrimps or other sea food at least once a day. And I’m struggling on with CT. Did 10 minutes in the shower today, which is better than for a while.
    I haven’t started weight lifting yet, and I don’t think I will. The last time I did HIT with weights with low T3 I developed some worrisome changes on my ECG and I also got weaker and weaker for every time. However, I go out and run some sprints a few times a week.

13. sooperb

sooperb New Member

Dr. K. Advises that exercise isn't important during the reset and says not to do any. I have no idea about labs but again, advice is to post them in the optimal labs section as there are members who can evaluate them who don't often look in here ;)

14. Josh

Josh Gold

I believe Genova will accept samples mailed from anywhere in the EU. US practitioners can order the tests. I talked to their reps a few years ago at a convention in London and they said no problem from most EU countries. I believe Tim Jackson has an account.

http://www.gdx.net/uk/

15. Andrea

Yeah... I know. But I'm getting restless!
    Unfortunately, there isn't much to evaluate from my labs, because they are incomplete. The only conclusion one can draw is that I suck. :(

Thanks! I've looked at their website, but all I find is that I need to go through a licenced healthcare professional. So I guess I would need to find a doc who is willing to prescribe the tests. I suppose Dr. Tim Jackson could be one way of doing it... Hmmm...

16. Josh

Josh Gold

What country are you in?

17. Andrea

Sweden.

18. Andrea

I might be getting back on track again... I hope, anyway...
    I suppose I'm doing better at least partly because I feel that my endocrinologist is a bloody ?#¤% &@$£#! and I want to prove that he's wrong. I darn WILL get better!

The last week I've managed to eat more again. I've figured out that if I eat breakfast early enough after staring at my dawn simulator, I can get down more food than if I wait for a while. So BAB works fine again and I don't need to struggle too much with dinner either. Funny, the more I eat for breakfast, the more I can eat for dinner. And vice versa. o_O

The past week I've done CT every day (taking a planned break today though), although I don't do very long sessions in the shower, just 10-15 minutes. It's not that it's so awful right now, but mainly it's... uhmm... boring... :oops: But, I rather admit that I'm bored than tell myself that I freeze and start shivering because of my imagination.
    And I went to have a look at the ocean this weekend. The water temperature was about 2.5°C (36.5F). I couldn't help taking my shoes off and dip my feet. My feet got a sort of numb within a few seconds, but it felt quite ok to keep standing with the cold water up to my ankles for a couple minutes. Back in the car, when I was taking my shoes on again, I was surprised that my feet were actually a lot warmer than my hands, that hadn't even touched the cold water.

But, yeah, I know, I'm a wuss... :rolleyes:

19. sooperb

sooperb New Member

I guess you must have the start of that warm glow you get when things start to go right :)

I can't agree that because you can't stand in freezing water that you're a wuzz lol, your body has a safety mechanism, called pain, that kicks in when it needs to warn you that something you're doing is a tad dangerous. Of course CT is part of the process of adaptation but it shouldn't be a baptism of fire, or in this case, ice.

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

It occurs to me that you are eating seafood and seaweed and doing C/T ......would your meds need to be adjusted downward? Just throwing that out there.
    are you grounding outside? barefeet? looking at the sun [or clouds!] can you hug a conifer tree?
    Always, always remember the three legged stool ...... water, magnetism and the photoelectric effect.

Have you read the Redox RX? you need to get this one!