1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rerun - here I am... and now what?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Andrea, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

Tried something new today. For me anyway... A regular sauna. :)
    Sat in 84°C (183F) for a while, then walked to the ocean (7°C / 45F) and took a dip to cool down, back in, out, in, out. The other ladies got a bit worried when I stayed in the water so long on my last dip.... :alien: They sort of plunged in with strange sounds and literately flew out at once. :D

I noticed that my skin got numb, in a different way than when I take a dip without sauna. Numb and sort of energized. Interesting sensation.

Not sure it's worth the money to pursue this though. I can have access to a sauna without ocean (just cool shower) much cheaper elsewhere, and I have free access to the ocean without sauna...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
    caroline likes this.
  2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I have a FIR sauna and my CT in the same room. Would love to dip. cool off, and then get back in the sauna bit I don't want to rinse off any sweated out toxins into the CT tank's water.

Guess I could walk outside and take a plunge in the pool though... we use a salt water system in it.

Drip, drip, drip throughout the house ;)

caroline likes this.
  3. Andrea

Haha! You need to rebuild your house! :) Or dry yourself off a bit before you go back inside...

An IR sauna would be nice. I'd like to build one when I eventually move somewhere. Just need to... sigh... do it...

caroline likes this.
  4. Andrea

Time for an update... What has Rerun done and learnt the last couple of months?

* April-May seems to be a weight dropping period for me. Last year I lost about 13 kg (28 lb) this time of year, this year another 5 kg. At that point I weighed just slightly more than when I was in excellent shape many years ago. Of course, my body composition is different now and I'm not as strong and fit, but that’s no surprise since I haven't worked out at all for several years.
    * The brain IS an energy hog. Now that my body works more as it ought to, intensive thinking and analyzing (everything else as usual) can make me lose 1 kg a day.
    * Now my body tolerates a long fast. I just happened to do 72 hours with only water and I felt ok, just a little cold. The first meal was a small serving of raw herring, but I wasn’t really hungry.
    * Crappy weather in the summer makes me behave and feel crappy. Doh.
    * Carbs in the summer with crappy weather give me acne, just as they do in winter.
    * Too much sunshine in my face gives me herpes on my lips.
    * My sleep is much, much better when I’m close to a person that I care for.
    * Love doesn’t hurt. Inability to communicate it does.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    caroline, nicld and fitness@home like this.
  5. nicld

nicld Gold

Oh so true........

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

nice update.....

7. notsoperfick

notsoperfick New Member

Sun is a known trigger for herpes, once, many years ago, used a sun lamp before going on holiday. It created a huge herpes sore on my backside, I couldn't sit down :eek:! A lesson learned.

8. Inger

Inger Silver

well I have herpes too sometimes.. and I wonder why the sun can trigger it and why it often does not? I am so much in the sun and it do not gives me herpes outbreaks... stress does tho....
    Maybe when our redox is low, the sun can trigger it?

9. Andrea

I don't get the herpes thing... I haven't had any outbreaks at all for a couple years, when I definitely was sick and unwell, but this year I've had several.

10. Andrea

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Andrea - You are in Mexico enjoying the sun and sand and whatever else comes your way!

I hope you are having a great time and I hope you get to meet some of the members in Playa ......and maybe meet Jack laying on the beach!