1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Rerun - here I am... and now what?

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Andrea, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

What an amazing day I had yesterday!
    Started off with raw herring with onion and a mashed mackerel head.
    The day was warm and shiny, so I took a very long lunch break and spent 1.5 hours on the beach. The ocean is quite cool this year, only 17-18C (63F), even though it's August already. But I don't complain! :)
    Another good thing is that cool water = less people on the beach.

An older gentleman came there at the same time as I, but no one else was there. The gentleman and I swam in the ocean together for a while, chatting, then he got up, put on his shoes and continued his run in the forest. I took my chances... I took my swim clothes off and lay naked on a rock in the sun. :oops: Interesting... After a while I heard voices though, so I put my bikini bottoms on.
    The rest of the workday passed easily.

In the afternoon, I shared electrons with a special person. How intense! Just touching each others skin was... Brilliant! Late in the evening he said that he had completely forgotten to eat that afternoon. He always eats in the afternoon... But he wasn't really hungry...
    Go figure... ;)

Wonder if I can ever be the sun in his universe.......

Inger and nicld like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think, when all is said and done, that is what we are learning here ....to share electrons and expand our universe. To touch each other is mesmerising ...we have come so far, we have learned so much....and now mother nature is speaking to us in no uncertain terms...and we are listening!

I think you are already there ...... xo

be brilliant - just because you can :love:

3. Inger

Inger Silver

I think you already are..........his very special sun :) :) :)

You are my sun too..... I learn many things from you... you are in many ways way wiser than I..... and there is lots for me to learn.... :love:

4. Andrea

Yeah... :)
    This would be completely unthinkable for me a couple years ago. It's fascinating how much I've changed during the last one or two years. Makes me wonder how things would be if my brain and entire body had functioned better - because I still am far from being well...

Nah... I'm rather a curious mystery to him... ;)
    I'm afraid I'm not strong enough to be the sun yet. My mitochondria are still crappy and I just need to get away from the city. I plan to sleep outdoors between the work days now in August, at a nice spot I've found near work. Next week the sun will set at around 9 pm and rise at around 5.30 am. Perfect!
    Thank you, Inger. I don't feel very wise though. I keep making mistakes, and what's worse, I tend to do the same mistakes over again. And although I've known it for what seems like ages, I still haven't managed to find a home somewhere where I can heal.
    It is I who have a lot to learn from you! :)

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have the both of you gone away camping for the weekend????? :p:p:p

I think this will be heaven when we get this organised ..... laying under the stars, swimming naked in stream etc. etc. etc.!!!

6. Andrea

No, we haven't. We might go camping some day though, but probably not this year. But I enjoy being out on my own. To just be. :)
    Until some one picks an apple from the tree in the fall and takes a bite... :eek:

caroline likes this.
  7. Andrea

Finally the summer has arrived! It's warm and sunny almost every day. :)
    Lately, I've spent most afternoons on work days by the ocean; in the sun, mostly on a rock, more or less naked. I watch the sun set in the ocean and then sleep under the stars. Love it.

But I've got a "problem". My boss wants me to take some more time off before the end of the year. This means I need to find somewhere to go, something to do, for about a week in October-December. September might be possible also. I don't like the idea of going far away to some other season and confuse my already confused body, while it's usually cold and rainy around here that time of the year... Hmmm...

Maybe go north...? Perhaps something like this? Or this? :cool: Does anyone want to share a cabin or an igloo? ;)
    Thinking about it... who needs a cabin...?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

you can't just stay home and spend the time on a rock at the ocean????

9. Andrea

In the cold November rain? :whistle:
    I haven't come to that point, where I take a week off from work and spend it outdoors in rain and temperatures below 10C (50F) - yet... There's got to be something a little more enjoyable to do...

10. Inger

Inger Silver

You could always come visit me :) :) :) the ex should be away then.... and I might have more time from November on.... work wise... the saison ends at the oyster beach restaurant..... maybe come with me to France in November to a meeting with Derek Nance from the rawpaleoforum (you know the guy they have made stuff on TV about) and some other friends.. he will butcher a whole lamb and we will enjoy it together and it will be so much fun I think! I am invited, and I could ask if you could come too :) If I can manage to go :) we could do it togehter :)
    or just stay by me and do some fun stuff :)

nicld likes this.
  11. Andrea

Thanks for the invitation! :) It is a tempting thought! I'd love to finally meet you. :)
    Or how about going north together? I think it could be cool to visit the Ice hotel in JukkasjÀrvi for Lucia... ;)

Let me see... You're going to France to watch some guy kill a lamb and then you'll eat it raw, fresh and still warm? Well... Why not, I suppose... Interesting thought...

12. Andrea

I visited a cardiologist today, for some sort of yearly checkup. They've been watching my cholesterol values for a couple years, eagerly trying to sell me statins.
    Last time they checked my labs was in December 2013, which was about the time I had started Leptin Rx, CT, Epi-Paleo, blueblockers ets. This time I wanted to see my labs at the end of the summer (which unfortunately has been crappy with rain most of the time, and sunshine only for 2 weeks in August)...

So...

Dec-13:
    TG: 0.97 mmol/l (0.45-2.6)
    HDL: 2.1 mmol/l (1.0-2.7)
    LDL: 9.6 mmol/l (1.4-4.7)

Aug-15:
    TG: 0.72
    HDL: 2.1
    LDL: 5.5

My ASAT and ALAT are lower now, too.

The doc was quite confused. He was convinced that I have familial hypercholesterolemia, and this just didn't make sense.... He didn't try to sell statins to me though. :)

I just wish I could have got more sunshine...

caroline and nicld like this.
  13. Inger

Inger Silver

That is AWESOME changes, Rerun! how cool :) :) :)
    I always wish for more sunshine too....... I can never get enough! But I tan every single moment I can :) and I am lucky to be able to tan a lot nude... like I do.. right now :)

14. Andrea

So, I had an appointment with my endocrinologist last week. That's the guy who told me 2 years ago that there is no more help for me and that I have to accept that I'm feeling crappy, that I most probably never will get any better. Back then I thought that I'd never go see him again, but when I got the notice the other week I decided to go anyway.

He was pleased to see that my thyroid labs look good. T4, fT4, fT3 are in the reference interval. Also, TSH was 3.3 mIU/L (ref. 0.3-4.2). That's the first time for many years that TSH is within the reference interval.

My folate is on the low side of the normal interval, even though I am homozygous for MTHFR C677T. I assume that's not a bad sign.
    B12 is elevated though, 740 pmol/l (ref. 140-500) (I'm heterozygous for MTRR A664A).

Anyway, the doc asked me how I was doing and what I have changed since last time we met. I smiled gently and told him that I have stopped taking the synthetic hormones he had prescribed and that I spend as much time as I can outdoors, in the sun, wearing as little clothes as possible. He just smiled. Probably thinking I was from a different planet... :alien:
    But... He seemed a little interested when I mentioned MTHFR and MTRR, and said he would look it up. That's a huge change, no matter if he actually will look it up or not. Because previously, when I said something, he would ridicule me. I somehow got the feeling that now he knows that I know something. :)

All in all, I'm glad I went to see him. I probably won't go to see him again, but I'm glad I did this time.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  15. nicld

nicld Gold

That is what I call a WIN!!!!!

16. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

Yes! hehehe you are a starfish Rerun! I love it - I think you might have got his attention. :D

17. Andrea

So... What has Rerun been up to lately?

Well... Many of the nights between work days from mid August to mid September I camped at a nice spot near work, close to the ocean. I eventually bought myself a tent, because the air is pretty wet in the early mornings, plus that it rains often and quite a lot now... I decided to get a cheap 15 EUR tent... And it certainly sucks! :) But hey, it's an adventure... Sometimes I've brought it to work and hung it up in an empty office to get it dry. People, including my boss, just smile. :alien:
    But I'm done with camping for a while now. It's just way too rainy now. I hope we'll get a cold, somewhat dry winter...

Some random observations:
    • In August, I had such crazy cravings for cheese, which suddenly disappeared.
    • Ticks don't seem to be very attracted to me this year.
    • Since beginning of September I've been struggling with acne. (Hello autumn & winter, bye bye sunshine...)
    • I've eaten quite a lot of apples - still not ripe though - off an apple tree near work the last month, but the last couple of days I have had no more desire to eat them. (Which I guess is a good thing considering it's autumn now.)
    • 6-12 days after a dopamine rush :oops: (no additional dopamine during this time) I feel very crappy, lonely and depressed. It gets better after day 12 though.
    • My cycles seem to be getting shorter. :(

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  18. caroline

caroline Moderator

nice update!

19. Andrea

In my early 20's I found out that I have partial red-green color blindness. It hasn't been a problem to live with, except that I've always failed the color vision tests I've had to do - unless I memorized the answers to all slides of the Ishihara color vision test. Anyway, I did the Ishihara test, unprepared, the other day. I got 38 out of 38 correct. I did struggle with some slides, but I did get them all correct!
    Thanks, dr. K.!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi ..... xo. Thinking of you.....