1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Remembering Song Lyrics

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Huck, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Huck

Huck Silver

Anyone else unable to remember the words to your favorite song? I used to marvel at people I would see singing along at concerts, then I realized everyone but me could.

As a child I had a fantastic memory and I remember on one test, in my mind's eye I could see the page in the book that had the answer and read it right off the page. Sometime between 13 and 18, I lost a large part of my ability to remember things but never realized it until years later. In college, I would walk out of lectures remembering almost nothing that was said, while my friends could quote it back almost word for word.

My favorite song is Moondance by Van Morrison and beyond "Well it's a marvelous night for a Moondance", I draw a blank even though I have listened to the song hundreds if not thousands of times. I don't even distinguish words as the song is playing, but hear the words as just part of the music.

2. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I'm one of those weird people that remember song lyrics from songs I haven't heard in 30 years...

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is easy to know the lyrics for the Rain Song or Stairway to heaven for me.

4. Pogo

Pogo New Member

Beats me, Huck. I struggle to remember the words to songs that I wrote myself, most of the time. Pretty much always had to have "cheat sheets" in front of me, on stage.

My partner, however, remembers EVERYTHING. Intimidating, but also very useful.

ScottishEmma likes this.
  5. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Dang.. Me too can't remember words, some but my boyfriend he can quote movies and sing a song.. He is a BIG stones fan. My sisters are like him with music. Hey I am a better dancer.:D

ScottishEmma likes this.