1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Red20's Journal.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Red20, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Read random musing 1 blog and look what is says about low IGF1

Red20 likes this.
  2. Red20

Red20 Gold

I had a better day today. Brain fog is better. Blood Ketones are now at 1.1 mmol/L. I am going to hold off doing any hormone therapy. I am trying to heal my body from now over 12 years of chronic disease, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, etc, so I want to see what the Leptin Reset can do on its own for me.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Lahelada likes this.
  3. Red20

Red20 Gold

Done. Thanks.

I have done zero snacking since I started the Leptin Reset. I used to have a continuous ravenous appetite. It feels good not needing to eat 24/7. :)

caroline likes this.
  4. Red20

Red20 Gold

I'm not feeling any better. I have been very dedicated with my diet. Zero snacking. Sun gaze every morning the sun is out an nude sun bathing in middle of the day. I start my day with oysters, herring, 1 organic egg, 1 cup baby salad mix, 1/2 cup cabbage, 1 tablespoon Kimchi, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of grass fed butter.

I was diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation. I am positive for Heterozygous MTHFR-C677T and MTHFR-A1298C so I'm wondering if that is the reason I'm not progressing?

Today I checked my blood ketones. They were at 1.6, but 4 hours after my last meal my blood glucose was at 105. I'm wondering it this is normal?

5. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

Where are you in relation to the equator? You might need more UV and IR. I'm afraid I don't know anything about measuring ketones/glucose.

Red20 likes this.
  6. louise

louise New Member

hi red, I just read your journal and your pain sounds similar to my DH......he started last year some of these protocols and it took him MONTHS (9-10 maybe) before he was able to significantly cut down his opiate pain relief. he ate a very high fat diet at first but he did a lot of c/t in ice baths at 45 degrees and in the end he had to stop as the cold was making his metal hip replacement ache like crazy------so he sewed himself a waistcoat with pockets to put ice packs. he ended up spot c/t on the painful areas
    you mention that you live low emf but that is nigh on impossible unless you live on top of a mountain or the wilds of Alaska---don't take that the wrong way red I don't mean it in a rude way as I can see you have the emf shield ( perhaps im wrong anyway as im a newbie aswell but that is how I see it regarding the nnEMF situation now)
    also you say you have been ill for 11years so it can take 2-3 yrs to heal is what I read on here and that probly means working the protocols 100% 24/7
    my hubby saw so many improvements in his life especially his mood around his pain issues
    but I promise you he has most definitely improved pain wise and it most certainly is not all in his head
    please keep digging in.....you have done so much and im sure you will begin to see some differences.....

Red20 and caroline like this.
  7. Red20

Red20 Gold

Thanks for the info Louise. I'm glad your husband has seen progress. I'm going to keep plugging away.

caroline likes this.
  8. Red20

Red20 Gold

I have been doing the Epi Paleo RX for almost 4 months now.

I'm not feeling any better but I am ripped. Muscle pain is still the same.

9. kovita

kovita Silver

Red, you are certainly a case of very complicated recovery. You have for sure internal highly likely intracellular stressor(s) driving your problems daysa and nights. Remember it takes a lot of time to come out of this, because your internal stressor never sleeps and is always a step before you. All chronic infections are really complex and difficult. I have myslef lyme and maybe a lot more. I have been fully epipaleo, CT etc. for more than a year and I started to see progress somewhere Round 9 months hallmark. Very slow, very subtle but on the good direction. I have th1 shift with Nitrosostress, luckily not dierected against my own body as per the immunology. The body fights as it can, I would think it may not be completeliy wrong to have high oxidative stress, after all, you are trying to support and strenghten your body to effectively fight the underlying chronic infection. The fight itself may not by nice and hood looking sometimes. I am not smart as JK or other people on this forum, I can just say be patient, do not loose faith, build the faith in yourself every day, give yourself time. JK said many times your kind of health issues are very difficult to resolve and it usually takes 2-3 years...I think it may take even more case depending, but the estimation seems right.

caroline and nonchalant like this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

just popping in to say "Hi"!

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Progress is not linear but it is tied to you trajectory........which gets us back to the real question.......what is it?

[​IMG]

12. louise

louise New Member

hi red, sometimes its difficult to recognise if you are feeling any better at all......this is not some magic bullet that is going to instantly transform you from sick one day to full of health and vitality the next. we are so used to instant gratification in the form of a magic pill or potion from our doctors and this makes us believe that other ways are rubbish, don't work, waste of time etc etc. I know for me and my husband it has been a long journey and we are just at the bottom of the mountain with a long way to go....he often says that he has only just noticed that some pain or ache or whatever has disappeared or doesn't affect him as much anymore.
    its difficult to explain but having tried different things in the past then this seems like the whole package .......do you keep a written journal where perhaps you write how your day has been or how your moods are etc....it suits me more to use a written diary than my online one which gets neglected because I can read back over how my moods change according to how I have been acting .
    its hard to change our lives.....you are doing amazing stuff for yourself and you will reap the rewards red, I know you will

caroline likes this.
  13. Red20

Red20 Gold

I'm not complaining or giving up. Just the reality that I am in right now. I have been sick for over 12 years so I know this won't happen over night.

I am completely 100% dedicated to the Epi Paleo RX. Hopefully after a year I will start seeing improvements in my health.

caroline likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Keep testing and bio hacking. Youre likely going to find something you missed and it may be a big key

15. Red20

Red20 Gold

I have been diagnosed with late stage lyme disease. Probably why I'm not feeling better. The D.O. diagnosed me based on a CD-57 test of only 17 and my symptoms. I have been taking many herbs and essential oils. Now I'm experiencing numbness and edema in my lower legs. Very strange.

I think I am going to try a short water fast to hopefully reduce this edema.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

so sorry to hear you aren't feeling the best Red ..... do you know of Dr. TIm Jackson? he is a lyme expert.
    sending you a big bear hug......

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Late lyme is a CNS disease and messes with AQA4. Water fast is not smart.

Martin likes this.
  18. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I had late lyme, dont ever withhold water. You need to hydrate your bod.

Martin likes this.
  19. kovita

kovita Silver

I am
    I have chronic lyme. I started to see improvements, notable improvements after a yearof epipaleo, CT, avoiding EMF etc. I am probably infected since 2010. It may take many years before you reach the point of balance and then start to go up. Do not give up. I can see and feel how is my redox improving by jumps now. There were months werre k just went backwards. Just keep on going. I personally concentrated on redox and hormones balancing and dipped all herbs, avoided ATB etc. I feel this was good decision and I continue...

20. Red20

Red20 Gold

I am on day 11 of a fast. I am drinking about a gallon of water a day. Edema is now gone. I am going to go 14 days.