1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Red20's Journal.

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Red20, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Red20

Red20 Gold

I am a newbie, and just ordered Dr Jack's book, so I have a lot to learn. A friend of mine told me about Dr Jack and CT. It helped him and it resonate with me, so I'm going to give it a try. I have tried everything else and have nothing to lose.

I am a 41 year old male. 11 years ago I used to be an elite athlete until I came down with a flu-like illness and have never been the same since.

I have been diagnosed with Osteoporosis, Hypercoagulation, Chronic Fatigue, and Fibromyalgia. My morning and daytime cortisol levels are low and my nighttime cortisol is high. My DHEA, IFG-1, Free Testosterone, and Progesterone are low and my Sex Binding Hormone Globlulin is high.

I haven't had energy for 11 years and I wake up tired. I have severe muscle pain and can't walk for more than 2 blocks before my legs become stiff and sore. It is like they are filling up with lactic acid and it becomes unbearably painful. Same thing happens in my arms when I try to exert them also.

For the past year I have been a raw vegan eating a lot of fruit. I also liked to juice and sometimes will become comatose tired after drinking juice.

Even though I ate a ton of fruit all day long I was still hungry now I know why.

I still need to educate myself, so I won't be posting again until after I read Dr Jack's book.

2. veelansu

veelansu New Member

Welcome. Looking forward to reading about your journey.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Red .....I am so happy to see you here! Please think of this as something for the rest of your life ....not just something you are going "to try". Please don't box yourself in with a time frame ....you didn't get broken overnite.....this is going to take sometime to fix....baby steps!

Enjoy Jack's book! and listen to his podcasts .......

Dr. K. has put a lot on the line for all of this ......and we all need to as well if we want to have an optimised life.

Read other's journals when you have time ......forum members are struggling with a lot of various problems - and they are seeing changes.....this is very doable......

Red20 likes this.
  4. Red20

Red20 Gold

I got overwhelmed and quit last year. I am now back and going to give the Epi Paleo RX my best shot.

Day #1:
    30 minutes in a cold bath tub with no ice.

Breakfast: 3 oz oysters, 3 eggs, coconut oil, fish oil, digestive enzymes, probiotics, 20,000 IU of D3, Super Food Powder and Kimchi.

Lunch: I wasn't hungry for lunch.

Supper: 6 oz of grass fed beef, 3 eggs, 3 oz of oysters, digestive enzymes, fish oil(Omega 3: 2 g, EPA: 600mg, DHA: 400mg), Udo's Oil(Omega 3: 6 g, Omeha 6: 3 g, Omega 9: 2.5 g), probiotics, wheatgrass powder, romaine lettuce and Kimchi.

Day #2:

30 minutes in cold bath tub with no ice.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 6 oz of red salmon with the bones, digestive enzymes, 20,000 IU D3, coconut oil, fish oil, probiotics, Super Food Powder and Kimchi.

Lunch: Not hungry.

Supper: 6 oz grass fed beef, 3 oz salmon, 2 eggs, coconut oil, Super Food Powder, broccoli, cauliflower, and Kimchi. I ate supper outside with my bare feet in the grass.

The Super Food Powder is made by Dragon Herbs and it's called "Tonic Alchemy." It contains high amounts of Vitamin K, Iodine, Vitamin C, and B12.
    http://www.amazon.com/Tonic-Alchemy...&qid=1407590413&sr=8-1&keywords=tonic alchemy

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  5. Red20

Red20 Gold

Yesterday was day 3.

I woke up feeling more tired and groggy and with a headache. My muscles were more achy also.

Breakfast: 3 oz sardines, 3 oz salmon, 3 oz oysters, D3: 20,000 IU, coconut oil, probiotics, digestive enzymes, Super Food Powder, Kimchi, fish oil(Omega 3: 2g, EPA: 600 mg, DHA: 400 mg), Udo's Oil( Omega 3: 6 g, Omega 6: 3 g, Omega 9: 2.5 g).

30 minutes in cold bath tub with a cold pack on my chest.

Lunch: Not hungry.

Supper: 3 oz oysters, 3 oz sardines, 3 eggs, D3: 20,000 IU, coconut oil, probiotics, digestive enzymes, Super Food, Kimchi, broccoli, cauliflower,
    fish oil(Omega 3: 2g, EPA: 600 mg, DHA: 400 mg), Udo's Oil( Omega 3: 6 g, Omega 6: 3 g, Omega 9: 2.5 g).

6. Inger

Inger Silver

Red, you are doing so great! But I am not sure the fish oils/Udo's is a good thing.... i guess better to get it from real food. Jack has said that many times.... you could screw up your fatty acid balance with man made oil stuff....

Red20 likes this.
  7. Red20

Red20 Gold

Thanks Inger.

8. Red20

Red20 Gold

Day 4:

Today I sunbathed in the grass while naked. It was an amazing feeling.

I also decided to put some ice in the bathtub while doing CT today. I went for 30 minutes.

I started supplementing K2.

Lahelada likes this.
  9. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Great progress! Keep going like this.

Red20 likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

you are doing awesome!

Red20 likes this.
  11. Inger

Inger Silver

Yay :) :) :) you are going to get healthy fast, Red....! I too can literally feel the healing when I tan nude :)

Red20 likes this.
  12. Red20

Red20 Gold

Thanks Inger, Caroline and Lahelada.

Yesterday I sun gazed while barefoot in the grass for 15 minutes and I sunbathed in the grass naked for 1 hour.

After breakfast I did 30 minutes of CT with ice.

caroline and nicld like this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

How come there are no naked men sun bathing here?????

Red20 likes this.
  14. Red20

Red20 Gold

Feeling down today. After 2 weeks of doing the Leptin Reset I have gained 5 pounds. I checked my blood ketones yesterday and they were only at 0.8. My meals are consisting mostly of a cup of broccoli/cauliflower and a cup of green leafy veggies with 10-12 oz of fish, oysters, crab, or clams with 2 tbsp of Ghee, and 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil, 2 tbsp of Kimchi, and 2 tbsp of salsa. Sometimes I do half beef and half seafood, but I am having seafood at every meal.

Every day the sun has been out I have sun gazed with my feet in the grass. I am doing CT 1 to 2 times a day. I have been able to sun bath naked 10 times also.

I have been getting to bed before 9:00 pm every night and waking between 6:30 am and 7:00 am.

My pain and brain fog are worse, but I'm not giving up.

15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Red, hang in there. Take your measurements as well. The scale lies..seriously. especially while on the reset it may be good not to weigh.it raises your cortisol levels which is counterproductive.
    Signed :
    One Who Knows

Red20 likes this.
  16. Inger

Inger Silver

So glad you are not giving up Red. Never give up ever. Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.
    How was your EMF situation again? Are you able to live wifi free and low EMF ? Any smart meters, towers etc around?

Yeah, do not weigh. Weight is secondary, healing comes first... i never weight anymore, but i love how my bodycomp has evolved on the protocols without any exercise. It just might take a while, the body needs to fix the most important things first, as it is clever, and it is not to get rid of fat ;)

Red20 likes this.
  17. Inger

Inger Silver

Red if you look like in your avatar pic i see no reason for you to lose any weight at all :)
    you look like such a strong and muscular dude

Red20 likes this.
  18. Red20

Red20 Gold

19. HoneyChild

HoneyChild Gold

When you start eating a lot of sea food you get omega 3 which can displace the pro-inflammatory omega 6. This might be happening to you, hopefully it will get better as your body adjusts.

Red20 likes this.
  20. Michael Phils

Michael Phils New Member

Red I know the feeling same thing happened to me. My strategy. I got insulin resistance test and it was high. Started taking 1500mg metformin to reduce it. Tested igf1 and was low. Straight onto hgh at 2iu per day 5 days on and 2 days off. Once I did that the fat I was gaining on the leptin reset started to reverse for me. No harm in doing your own biohacking.

Red20 likes this.