1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Red salt and Flouride

Discussion in 'Mitochondrial Rx' started by Martin, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Gretchen I have already said my piece on water.......buy it or use natural spring water........or dig a well and test the water. If you insist on using modern technology on water......you're already behind the 8 ball.

2. Tanya

Tanya Gold

QiGuy1997, your statement is very accurate. I don’t have all the facts here. To know how much fluoride is in the water, it would need to be specifically tested for that before and after adding the Himalayan salt to it. Perhaps, in some future I might do just that. In the meantime, the decision that I had to make about switching to a different salt was not that difficult one for me. I’d rather be safe then sorry, especially when I need to be able to avoid any source of fluoride, even more so then some other people. At this point, amid all that controversy about it, I am just relying on my own intuition and following my n=1 principle. Thank you for your comments.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Yes you have! I was just looking for something to point my Berkley crazy friends too...

Drinking RO as I type....

4. Scott M.

Scott M. New Member

Greetings! Brand new to this forum. Thank you for having me. I contacted HimalaSalt and got the following mineral analysis from them.

[​IMG]

I also contacted Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt, and they list the following PDF on their website. When contacted, they said their fluoride content was 5 ppm.

https://www.selinanaturally.com/content/PDF/css_analysis.pdf

Not sure how this compares with other brands.

SeaHorse, Lahelada and Martin like this.
  5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Scott, welcome! Thanks for the info.

Scott M. likes this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Welcome Scott. Thank you for the initiative and the info.

7. Tanya

Tanya Gold

They say that the average tap water in America contains 350 pp of tds.

My TDS meter has arrived today and I was able to do some testing of my own.

I don’t have RO at home and decided against purchasing RO water from Whole Food either.

Here are the results of my test:

tap water - 042pp

Aquasana filter - 037pp

Berkley filter (without additional fluoride filters) - 033pp

Mountain Valley Spring water - 091pp

Fiji - 093pp

I still have a few more brands of bottled water to test, but in the meantime I also wanted to see what happens when I add either celtic or himalayan salt to the berkey filtered water and after adding 1/8 of tsp to each glass, I got these readings:

water with celtic salt - 238pp

water with himalayan salt - 302pp